The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:42:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165796 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: December 25, 2020, 12:51:40 AM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #451 on: December 25, 2020, 12:59:31 AM »

Couldn't he file for reelection in January/February 2021 and then withdraw in December 2022? If he doesn't intend to run again, he won't out himself as a lame duck before his presidency even starts.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #452 on: December 25, 2020, 01:13:15 AM »

I think we have a big GOP field in 2024. I think Harris needs to be prepared for both possibilities of a Biden run in 2024 or herself being the nominee in 2024. Wouldn’t surprise me if they haven’t decided yet if Biden will run in 2024, though I’m leaning towards that he’ll be a one termer.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »

The Hill has a piece out discussing Pence's chances in 2024.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »

Larry Hogan and Joe Lieberman have been named co-chairs of No Labels.

Maryland's Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is joining the bipartisan group No Labels as its new national co-chairman.

Hogan joins Joseph Liberman, a one-time vice presidential nominee and former Connecticut senator, who served as a Democrat before switching to an independent in his final years on Capitol Hill.

Together they will help lead the organization that promotes centrist political ideas as a new Congress is set to convene early next year.

"I am honored to help lead No Labels at a time when our message of putting aside partisan differences for the common good is needed more than ever," Hogan said in a statement Tuesday.

Lieberman of course, was Al Gore's VP nominee in 2000, and ran for President in his own right in 2004.

Hogan is widely speculated to be a likely 2024 candidate for President.

Two nasty guys.
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #455 on: December 28, 2020, 08:19:06 PM »

I have a pretty shrewd idea that most Republicans think dihydrogen monoxide is a hoax made up by either the lizard people or the Jews.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2020, 06:06:26 AM »

If the GOP goes back to a Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain or GWB Candidate I will activly try to destroy the Republican Party and encouraging Republicans not to vote in 2024.
Everyone should.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2020, 11:31:17 AM »

Larry Hogan and Joe Lieberman have been named co-chairs of No Labels.

Maryland's Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is joining the bipartisan group No Labels as its new national co-chairman.

Hogan joins Joseph Liberman, a one-time vice presidential nominee and former Connecticut senator, who served as a Democrat before switching to an independent in his final years on Capitol Hill.

Together they will help lead the organization that promotes centrist political ideas as a new Congress is set to convene early next year.

"I am honored to help lead No Labels at a time when our message of putting aside partisan differences for the common good is needed more than ever," Hogan said in a statement Tuesday.

Lieberman of course, was Al Gore's VP nominee in 2000, and ran for President in his own right in 2004.

Hogan is widely speculated to be a likely 2024 candidate for President.

Two nasty guys.

Hogan's reputation seems to have taken a serious hit on this forum in the past few months.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »

I have a pretty shrewd idea that most Republicans think dihydrogen monoxide is a hoax made up by either the lizard people or the Jews.
Have you ever met a Republican? They’re obsessed with Israel. Try harder.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #459 on: December 30, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »

I guess this must mean that Ivanka is running for president ( Tongue )

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #460 on: December 30, 2020, 02:12:25 PM »

So, are we gonna see a Republican primary with both her & her brother arguing on stage in the debates? I need to know now so that I can start saving up on all of the popcorn that I'm gonna need.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #461 on: December 30, 2020, 04:17:20 PM »

So, are we gonna see a Republican primary with both her & her brother arguing on stage in the debates? I need to know now so that I can start saving up on all of the popcorn that I'm gonna need.
Ivanka will take the moderate lane, while Don. Jr the Trump lane
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2020, 04:23:36 PM »

I'd love to see all four of the adult Trump children on stage in the primaries.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #463 on: January 01, 2021, 02:07:12 AM »

Eric Trump is the darkhorse candidate
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »

The RNC will hold its annual winter meeting next week (Jan. 6-8) on Amelia Island, FL, and the following potential 2024ers are all invited to attend:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-clear-republican-frontrunner-2024-white-house-race

Trump, Pence, Haley, Cotton, Cruz, Hawley, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, DeSantis, and Noem.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #465 on: January 04, 2021, 09:47:58 PM »

Trump may be planning to announce his 2024 run on Jan 19th while fleeing the country in Air Force One and breaching coronavirus restrictions. (Not joking.)

Donald Trump could be planning Turnberry trip as Scots airport told to expect a high-flyer the day before Joe Biden’s inauguration
Air traffic controllers receive details of the arrival of a plane with a US special call sign weeks in advance but are not told exactly which plane when the booking is made. The source at Prestwick airport, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “There is a booking for an American military version of the Boeing 757 on January 19, the day before the inauguration. That’s one that’s normally used by the Vice-President but often used by the First Lady. Presidential flights tend to get booked far in advance, because of the work that has to be done around it.”

Veteran NBC reporter Ken Dilanian tweeted: “Trump may announce for 2024 on inauguration day. Either way, he won’t attend the inauguration and does not plan to invite Biden to the White House or even call him.”

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Trump has not finalised his plans for inauguration day.

If Trump does fly to Scotland he could be in breach of coronavirus restrictions. Trump Turnberry is effectively closed until February 5 due to Tier 4 rules, according to the resort’s website.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #466 on: January 04, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »

Trump may be planning to announce his 2024 run on Jan 19th while fleeing the country in Air Force One and breaching coronavirus restrictions. (Not joking.)

Donald Trump could be planning Turnberry trip as Scots airport told to expect a high-flyer the day before Joe Biden’s inauguration
Air traffic controllers receive details of the arrival of a plane with a US special call sign weeks in advance but are not told exactly which plane when the booking is made. The source at Prestwick airport, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “There is a booking for an American military version of the Boeing 757 on January 19, the day before the inauguration. That’s one that’s normally used by the Vice-President but often used by the First Lady. Presidential flights tend to get booked far in advance, because of the work that has to be done around it.”

Veteran NBC reporter Ken Dilanian tweeted: “Trump may announce for 2024 on inauguration day. Either way, he won’t attend the inauguration and does not plan to invite Biden to the White House or even call him.”

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Trump has not finalised his plans for inauguration day.

If Trump does fly to Scotland he could be in breach of coronavirus restrictions. Trump Turnberry is effectively closed until February 5 due to Tier 4 rules, according to the resort’s website.

Boris extraditing him back to the U.S. after Trump refused to extradite the American diplomat's wife who killed a British kid & then fled the U.K. in the middle of the night would be absolutely hilarious karma.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #467 on: January 05, 2021, 10:22:30 AM »

Almost certain he might wan to run if he's doing this.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #468 on: January 05, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »

If pence wants to run in four years that’s his best move
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #469 on: January 05, 2021, 11:28:49 AM »

If pence wants to run in four years that’s his best move
Already denied though,
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »

Haley testing the waters
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:49 PM »

One means of testing the waters that many POTUS candidates use is writing a book, and it looks like that isn't going well for Hawley:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2021, 11:29:30 PM »

I don’t really believe her, since she spent so much of 2020 visiting early primary states, but Noem claims she’s not going to run for president in 2024:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/01/06/gov-noem-run-president-2024-shes-finally-answering-directly/6571470002/

"No," the governor said Wednesday afternoon after being asked if she will run for president in 2024, during a trip to Sioux Falls.  "I am focused on staying here in South Dakota."
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »

I don’t really believe her, since she spent so much of 2020 visiting early primary states, but Noem claims she’s not going to run for president in 2024:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/01/06/gov-noem-run-president-2024-shes-finally-answering-directly/6571470002/

"No," the governor said Wednesday afternoon after being asked if she will run for president in 2024, during a trip to Sioux Falls.  "I am focused on staying here in South Dakota."

Based in the last few cycles. The more someone says they’re not going to run, the more I think they are going to run
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2021, 11:32:31 PM »

"No," the governor said Wednesday afternoon after being asked if she will run for president in 2024, during a trip to Sioux Falls.  "I am focused on staying here in South Dakota."

This early on, they always deny interest. If she's in, she won't announce until after the 2022 midterms.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies