The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165823 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 15, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »

Larry Hogan and Joe Lieberman have been named co-chairs of No Labels.

Maryland's Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is joining the bipartisan group No Labels as its new national co-chairman.

Hogan joins Joseph Liberman, a one-time vice presidential nominee and former Connecticut senator, who served as a Democrat before switching to an independent in his final years on Capitol Hill.

Together they will help lead the organization that promotes centrist political ideas as a new Congress is set to convene early next year.

"I am honored to help lead No Labels at a time when our message of putting aside partisan differences for the common good is needed more than ever," Hogan said in a statement Tuesday.

Lieberman of course, was Al Gore's VP nominee in 2000, and ran for President in his own right in 2004.

Hogan is widely speculated to be a likely 2024 candidate for President.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2020, 08:26:12 AM »

Larry Hogan and Joe Lieberman have been named co-chairs of No Labels.

Maryland's Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is joining the bipartisan group No Labels as its new national co-chairman.

Hogan joins Joseph Liberman, a one-time vice presidential nominee and former Connecticut senator, who served as a Democrat before switching to an independent in his final years on Capitol Hill.

Together they will help lead the organization that promotes centrist political ideas as a new Congress is set to convene early next year.

"I am honored to help lead No Labels at a time when our message of putting aside partisan differences for the common good is needed more than ever," Hogan said in a statement Tuesday.

Lieberman of course, was Al Gore's VP nominee in 2000, and ran for President in his own right in 2004.

Hogan is widely speculated to be a likely 2024 candidate for President.

Supporting such centrist, non-partisan figures as Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »

I have this deep gut instinct that Trump will not ultimately run. He will tease it, he may even continue doing rallies and selling merch and talking about why the country needs him, but he hates being President.
I think that's what he wants people to think. Then he's going to announce in 2023. He will tease it and people will speculate it he won't run then he does just like 2015.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #428 on: December 16, 2020, 09:17:22 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2020, 09:24:04 PM by brucejoel99 »

I have this deep gut instinct that Trump will not ultimately run. He will tease it, he may even continue doing rallies and selling merch and talking about why the country needs him, but he hates being President.

I think that's what he wants people to think. Then he's going to announce in 2023. He will tease it and people will speculate it he won't run then he does just like 2015.

Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

More from the Georgia primary: Mike Pence running

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2020, 10:10:11 PM »

The Trump campaign is polling its supporters about whether he should run again in 2024:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-concede-biden-2024-run-again-b1775285.html

In a campaign email sent to the president’s supporters this week, a poll asked whether “President Trump should run for President of the United States in 2024” while continuing to promote false claims surrounding the national vote.

McEnany was asked why that is:

https://www.wbap.com/news/kayleigh-mcenany-trump-2024-run-is-there-for-his-taking/

In remarks on “Fox & Friends,” McEnany initially dodged the issue when questioned by co-host Steve Doocy.

“Today, you are appearing as campaign spokesperson, yet I think it was last night the campaign sent out a fundraising email from the campaign asking ‘should President Trump run in 2024?’ What was that about?” Doocy asked.

She said she thought the campaign was “just putting out that thought.”

But Doocy pressed, “You are the campaign spokesperson.”

“Yes, yes,” she replied, insisting: “He is still focused on 2020.”

“But 2024 — look, he’s the leader of this movement,” she said. “No matter what happens in 2020, 2024 is there is for his taking. His base is strong.

In other news, Mark Cuban still floating the idea of running for president:

https://heavy.com/news/mark-cuban-president-2024-scoop-b/

“Based on everything I know right now… no,” Mark Cuban told me on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show.

“But, like you said if everything goes south, it depends on how they go south and how far south and whether or not that I would be the right person, you know? I wouldn’t do it just to do it. I would only do it if I thought if I was the right person and you know we got time so there’s a whole lot of other qualified people out there too — like you Scoop, what about you? Would you run?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2020, 12:27:07 PM »

Trump no longer expected to imminently declare his candidacy:

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-am-2e3b220b-9b62-4337-8e3f-d1c1b7f037fb.html

President Trump's closest confidants no longer expect him to imminently announce he's running in 2024, Jonathan Swan is told by three sources who've recently discussed the matter with the president.

Between the lines: Trump doesn't want to announce a run before January 20 — an idea he had initially toyed with — because it would show his base he’s given up his fight to overturn the election.

While Trump definitely wants to hold out the possibility of running, he is not sure he wants to go through the official FEC process anytime soon, a person familiar with Trump’s thinking said.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »

He's not gonna run.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »

How do you know?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2020, 03:03:33 PM »

Because already backtracking from 'immediate Inauguration Day announcement' to 'not anytime soon' doesn't bode well for another run.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2020, 12:36:34 AM »

This is from about a week and a half ago now, but for whatever it’s worth with respect to Trump’s decision to run in ’24 or not, Melania reportedly is unhappy with White House life, and would be pretty unenthusiastic about another Trump run:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/12/melania-trump-2024

“She just wants to go home,” a source familiar with Melania’s “state of mind” told CNN’s Kate Bennet. Asked how the first lady feels about the possibility her husband could run again in 2024, the source added: “That might not go over well.”

Which is not exactly a shock! For one thing, the first lady basically had to be paid off to move to Washington in 2017, reportedly delaying her move until the terms of her prenup with the president were renegotiated. (The White House denied this.) For another, like Trump, she seems to hate living in the White House and all the responsibilities that come with it (see: expressing sympathy for migrant children separated from their parents; creating initiatives that don’t read like SNL skits; giving a f--k about Christmas). So yeah, she’s ready to get the hell out of there and never go back.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2020, 04:33:06 PM »

I think he will run, launching his campaign on or around inauguration day, but will drop out in 2022/2023 for health/legal reasons and hand the keys over to DeSantis (even if he technically endorses Pence first). The real purpose of his campaign is to act as a sort of "leader of the opposition" and keep the party on the message, and everyone but Trump himself knows that.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2020, 12:23:25 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chris-christie-trump-2024-presidential-run

Throw on top of this his involvement in the GA senate runoff and his new ad advocating for mask wearing...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #438 on: December 22, 2020, 12:53:37 AM »

Here’s the relevant excerpt from that story:

Former two-term New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he wouldn’t rule out another presidential bid even if his longtime friend President Trump launches a 2024 run to try to return to the White House.

Christie – who ran unsuccessfully for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination before suspending his campaign and endorsing Trump – was asked Monday during a radio interview with conservative host Hugh Hewitt if he’d rule out a run of his own if Trump, who’s already flirting with another White House bid, decides to launch a 2024 campaign.

"I would not. No," Christie said. "I would not rule it out, Hugh."
Asked by Hewitt if he already has a Chris Christie 2024 web domain reserved, the former governor noted that he has ownership of ChrisChristie.com. "So we’re going to keep that one, and we’ll see where we go from here, Christie added.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #439 on: December 22, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »

Throw on top of this his involvement in the GA senate runoff and his new ad advocating for mask wearing...
Atlas is gonna say he'd make NJ competitive
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #440 on: December 22, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »

By Atlas you mean a certain other D-NJ avatar, and maybe some I-GA avatar(s)?

Christie is done and won't go anywhere.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: December 22, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »

I've said this before, but without Bridgegate, I really think he would have won the nomination in 2016 and probably beaten Hillary.

But now he's old news.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #442 on: December 22, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »

I've said this before, but without Bridgegate, I really think he would have won the nomination in 2016 and probably beaten Hillary.

But now he's old news.

He'd have been the unifying establishment choice. One of the reasons why Trump got the 2016 nomination was the fragmenting of establishment candidates. Another is Trump's dominance of the debates. Christie, with more credibility and support, could have done that instead with his charisma and brashness.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »

Although it will be tough for any 2016 former candidate to get traction 7/8 years later, Christ Christie has the dual benefits of Trump loyalty and a northern moderate vibe.  Hell I'd vote for him.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2020, 04:35:35 PM »

Senior Trump officials are preparing to set up a policy group once Trump leaves office, which’ll be something of a landing spot for Trump alumni.  And Trump himself is said to be supportive.  Whether you take this as suggesting it’s more or less likely that he’s going to run for prez again is up to interpretation, but I think it’s further evidence that he’s not going to legally launch another campaign imminently:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/22/trump-advisers-launch-policy-group-449886

Senior advisers to President Donald Trump are preparing to launch a nonprofit group to promote the president’s policies once he leaves office, creating a landing spot for former Trump officials after the White House changes hands.

White House domestic policy adviser Brooke Rollins and National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow have been putting the organization together and are expected to be heavily involved once it gets off the ground. National Security adviser Robert O’Brien and former Energy Secretary Rick Perry are also among those likely to play roles.

Word of the yet-to-be-named outfit comes as top White House officials plot their futures and Trump’s post-presidential political apparatus gradually comes into focus, featuring a new PAC and potentially other entities as well. The new nonprofit group is expected to become a destination for many of the administration’s top policy advisers and Cabinet officials.
“The president is very enthusiastic about this,” Kudlow said in a Tuesday interview.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2020, 04:50:53 PM »

Senior Trump officials are preparing to set up a policy group once Trump leaves office, which’ll be something of a landing spot for Trump alumni.  And Trump himself is said to be supportive.  Whether you take this as suggesting it’s more or less likely that he’s going to run for prez again is up to interpretation, but I think it’s further evidence that he’s not going to legally launch another campaign imminently:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/22/trump-advisers-launch-policy-group-449886

Senior advisers to President Donald Trump are preparing to launch a nonprofit group to promote the president’s policies once he leaves office, creating a landing spot for former Trump officials after the White House changes hands.

White House domestic policy adviser Brooke Rollins and National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow have been putting the organization together and are expected to be heavily involved once it gets off the ground. National Security adviser Robert O’Brien and former Energy Secretary Rick Perry are also among those likely to play roles.

Word of the yet-to-be-named outfit comes as top White House officials plot their futures and Trump’s post-presidential political apparatus gradually comes into focus, featuring a new PAC and potentially other entities as well. The new nonprofit group is expected to become a destination for many of the administration’s top policy advisers and Cabinet officials.
“The president is very enthusiastic about this,” Kudlow said in a Tuesday interview.

So basically a Trumpian version of Organizing for Action.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: December 22, 2020, 05:04:12 PM »

If the GOP goes back to a Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain or GWB Candidate I will activly try to destroy the Republican Party and encouraging Republicans not to vote in 2024.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: December 22, 2020, 05:14:54 PM »

If the GOP goes back to a Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain or GWB Candidate I will activly try to destroy the Republican Party and encouraging Republicans not to vote in 2024.

Please do Wink
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2020, 02:43:11 AM »

I'm pretty certain if Trump doesn't run Pence will beat a divided opposition in the primary (Much like Biden did this year, in fact).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #449 on: December 24, 2020, 09:42:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies