The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165439 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »

Here are the answers given by everyone they asked in that story:

Rubio:

"I ran for president once before, so clearly I'm not going to tell someone I'm not interested in running for president -- I already ran for it once," Rubio told CNN when asked if a 2024 bid was on his mind.

"But that's a decision I'll have to make at the appropriate time given what the world looks like, what my life looks like, my service here and what work remains to be done," Rubio, who struggled to gain traction in the 2016 primary, said in the Capitol.

Cotton:

Asked if those visits to early primary states were part of a campaign to prepare for 2024, Cotton contended he was trying to help Republicans in key House and Senate races. "I'm trying to hold on to the Senate and the House," he told CNN, while ignoring a question about his potential interest in running for the White House.

Cruz:

Cruz wouldn't entertain questions about his 2024 ambitions.

"Let's get through Election Day this year first," he said outside the Capitol.

Hawley:

Hawley, a 40-year-old former Missouri attorney general, also threw cold water on a possible 2024 run, telling CNN: "I'm not" considering a White House bid in four years.

Asked if a run were in the cards, Hawley said flatly: "It's not."

Tim Scott:

But South Carolina's junior Republican senator said "not at all" when asked if he was thinking about a 2024 run. "The best thing for me to plan for is reelection," referring to his 2022 bid to keep his seat.

"I know that people start planning for a run for the White House around the eighth grade, or something like that, I hear," Scott said. "I'm going to move to a ministry when this is all said and done. I want to keep my integrity."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »

Tim Scott will never be president.

He doesn't want to either.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »

Vermont Governor Phil Scott has told reporters he has voted for Joe Biden.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »

I don't think he's given any indication that he's going to run for president, so I don't think this is that relevant for 2024?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »

I don't think he's given any indication that he's going to run for president, so I don't think this is that relevant for 2024?

KaiserDave would love to see Scott run in 2024...
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2020, 06:25:46 PM »

For Republicans, it will be either a Hispanic or a woman.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2020, 06:26:29 PM »

That's what it should be for the Democrats tbh.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »

I don't know if Nikki Haley could do well with Black male voters.....
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #308 on: November 05, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 12:53:57 PM by MAGugh »

CNN has confirmed WH Advisors have begun to discuss a 2024 campaign with the President.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/ShonaMurray_/status/1324377573304995843

CNN has confirmed WH Advisors have begun to discuss a 2024 campaign with the President.

Really impressive when you consider the fact that he'll be in a NY state prison by 2024.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »

2028 lmao, this is exactly the karmic hubris the writers needed!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »

Yep, here's the report that it's not just Mulvaney, but that several Trump aides have talked about it with Trump himself:

Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »

I’m not even convinced Trump would win the primary. What would he run on? He has no achievements and having lost he can’t exactly run on his electoral record. Even his supporters would want someone who could actually beat Biden/Harris not a proven loser.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2020, 11:59:08 PM »

Looks like last Sunday, Rick Scott was asked about 2024, and he gave a non-denial “I’m not focused on it”-type answer:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/379422-rick-scott-2024-not-focused

“No, and by the way, think about it,” Scott said, before recalibrating to message. “I’m going to work my tail off to get President Trump elected.”

“That’s what everybody ought to be focused on. Everybody ought to be focused on doing the jobs that they have. My job is a U.S. Senator, representing the state of Florida the best I can.”

“I’m not focused on it,” Scott said. “I like my job as U.S. Senator and that’s what I’m going to focus on.”
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2020, 12:04:18 AM »

Looks like last Sunday, Rick Scott was asked about 2024, and he gave a non-denial “I’m not focused on it”-type answer:

“No, and by the way, think about it,” Scott said, before recalibrating to message. “I’m going to work my tail off to get President Trump elected.”

“That’s what everybody ought to be focused on. Everybody ought to be focused on doing the jobs that they have. My job is a U.S. Senator, representing the state of Florida the best I can.”

“I’m not focused on it,” Scott said. “I like my job as U.S. Senator and that’s what I’m going to focus on.”

I can’t think of a better person to run against than Rick Scott. He’s like if you took the worst parts of Trump and Romney and stuffed it into a Skeltor gelatin mold.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:11 AM »

I can’t think of a better person to run against than Rick Scott. He’s like if you took the worst parts of Trump and Romney and stuffed it into a Skeltor gelatin mold.

Take it from Bill Nelson & Charlie Crist: you don't wanna run against Rick Scott.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2020, 12:21:22 AM »

Take it from Bill Nelson & Charlie Crist: you don't wanna run against Rick Scott.
Florida isn’t the nation
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2020, 01:15:01 AM »

Florida isn’t the nation

Idk man, we elected a businessman with no political experience to be our Governor & 6 years later, the nation did the same thing for the presidency.

So long as his horcruxes remain undiscovered, don't underestimate Voldemort.
kwabbit

« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2020, 02:30:01 AM »

Is he the worst of Trump and Romney together or the best of the two together. The man has an impressive electoral record in a huge, diverse state.
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »

I just realized that, for the third cycle in a row, the tea leaves threads will likely be filled with "will he, won't he" articles about Joe Biden
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2020, 05:38:57 PM »

I’m not even convinced Trump would win the primary. What would he run on? He has no achievements and having lost he can’t exactly run on his electoral record. Even his supporters would want someone who could actually beat Biden/Harris not a proven loser.

There is no one who could get a greater reaction from "the libs." Return of the King for his supporters, Orange Dracula for his opponents.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »

Any celebrities or billionaire businessmen made any noises yet?

mark cuban did polling for this cycle, and has talked about running 4 year from now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

Larry Hogan asked if he’s thinking about running for president in 2024, and he gives a non-denial:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hogan-on-possible-2024-run-lets-get-beyond-the-2020-race-first/vi-BB1aOjAR

“I think we’ve got a long time before we start talking about that.”
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2020, 12:55:49 PM »

Rick Scott is preparing to run for chair of the NRSC, while Doug Ducey is likely to take over the RGA, but perches from which potential future national candidates can accumulate some political chits:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/republicans-trump-power-vacuum-435229

Also:

While Donald Trump Jr. himself is frequently mentioned as a 2024 candidate, those close to him say he’s more interested in leveraging his influence to help like-minded conservatives. He's expected to campaign extensively for candidates in the 2022 midterms.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2020, 01:05:59 PM »

Rick Scott is preparing to run for chair of the NRSC, while Doug Ducey is likely to take over the RGA, but perches from which potential future national candidates can accumulate some political chits:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/republicans-trump-power-vacuum-435229

Also:

While Donald Trump Jr. himself is frequently mentioned as a 2024 candidate, those close to him say he’s more interested in leveraging his influence to help like-minded conservatives. He's expected to campaign extensively for candidates in the 2022 midterms.

Ducey running for RGA Chair probably means NO Senate Race against Kelly because if you're RGA Chair you're out of your Home State a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies