The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:20:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165497 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 11:07:24 PM »

“By winning in 2020, we have an opportunity to continue to take our nation on the path that President Trump set us on in 2016, so all of my energies, all of my focus is dedicated to that prospect, and we’ll let the future take care of itself,” he added.

all of my focus is dedicated to that prospect

focus

focus

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

Ummmmm....

Meghan Markle harbors serious ambitions to run for president of the United States, according to a report.

After the Duchess of Sussex and husband Prince Harry dumped royal duties with their historic Megxit this year, the 39-year-old former "Suits" star now has her eye on the White House, a close friend told Vanity Fair.

"One of the reasons she was so keen not to give up her American citizenship was so she had the option to go into politics," the unidentified friend told the mag.

"I think if Meghan and Harry ever gave up their titles she would seriously consider running for president," the friend added of rumors of a 2024 run.

Her biographer, Omid Scobie, also previously claimed that the former actress "has her eyes set on the US presidency."

"Meghan is the embodiment of the American dream. One day we may see Meghan become president," the author of "Finding Freedom: Harry, Meghan and the Making of a Modern Royal Family" previously told a documentary, Vanity Fair said.

[...]
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2020, 12:34:56 AM »

... will still be Nikki Haley.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/ShonaMurray_/status/1324377573304995843

CNN has confirmed WH Advisors have begun to discuss a 2024 campaign with the President.

Really impressive when you consider the fact that he'll be in a NY state prison by 2024.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:11 AM »

Looks like last Sunday, Rick Scott was asked about 2024, and he gave a non-denial “I’m not focused on it”-type answer:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/379422-rick-scott-2024-not-focused

“No, and by the way, think about it,” Scott said, before recalibrating to message. “I’m going to work my tail off to get President Trump elected.”

“That’s what everybody ought to be focused on. Everybody ought to be focused on doing the jobs that they have. My job is a U.S. Senator, representing the state of Florida the best I can.”

“I’m not focused on it,” Scott said. “I like my job as U.S. Senator and that’s what I’m going to focus on.”

I can’t think of a better person to run against than Rick Scott. He’s like if you took the worst parts of Trump and Romney and stuffed it into a Skeltor gelatin mold.

Take it from Bill Nelson & Charlie Crist: you don't wanna run against Rick Scott.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2020, 01:15:01 AM »

Looks like last Sunday, Rick Scott was asked about 2024, and he gave a non-denial “I’m not focused on it”-type answer:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/379422-rick-scott-2024-not-focused

“No, and by the way, think about it,” Scott said, before recalibrating to message. “I’m going to work my tail off to get President Trump elected.”

“That’s what everybody ought to be focused on. Everybody ought to be focused on doing the jobs that they have. My job is a U.S. Senator, representing the state of Florida the best I can.”

“I’m not focused on it,” Scott said. “I like my job as U.S. Senator and that’s what I’m going to focus on.”

I can’t think of a better person to run against than Rick Scott. He’s like if you took the worst parts of Trump and Romney and stuffed it into a Skeltor gelatin mold.

Take it from Bill Nelson & Charlie Crist: you don't wanna run against Rick Scott.
Florida isn’t the nation

Idk man, we elected a businessman with no political experience to be our Governor & 6 years later, the nation did the same thing for the presidency.

So long as his horcruxes remain undiscovered, don't underestimate Voldemort.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2020, 08:44:15 AM »

https://www.axios.com/valerie-biden-owens-interview-1a0dde7e-ef42-4f3c-a130-688c182610d0.html

Valerie Biden Owens, her brother's closest political adviser for 49 years, told me in an interview for "Axios on HBO" that President-elect Joe Biden plans to ignore the distractions of President Trump while building and launching a government.

[...]

Why she matters: Owens stays behind the scenes, and rarely gives interviews.

• She's the ultimate gatekeeper, adviser and confidant - Biden's "judgment barometer," as one friend told me. She was the last word on some of the campaign's biggest decisions, and a voice always pushing him to "Just be Joe."

Reflecting the soaring confidence in Biden's camp, Owens replied, "Sure" and "Absolutely" when I asked her if he would run for a second term:

• "He's transitional in that he's bringing in all these young people and bringing [us] back again [so] we're not a divided country. ... But sure. He's going strong."

[...]
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »

Significant Republican hopefuls don't run if Trump does for fear of pissing him off:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-election-results-strategy/2020/11/11/a32e2cba-244a-11eb-952e-0c475972cfc0_story.html

Even the possibility of a future Trump run would help keep him relevant - and in the media spotlight - and effectively freeze the GOP primary field. Many of the party's rising stars and buzzed-about 2024 hopefuls - including Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley and Pence - are unlikely to run if Trump is planning another campaign, Trump allies said.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2020, 12:41:46 PM »

Trump has shown them that just about any idiot can win a Republican primary. The 2024 field is gonna be huge & crazy.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2020, 01:36:04 PM »

Watch him pull a right-wing AMLO-style "legitimate inauguration."
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:11 PM »

Trump's potential campaign kickoff?:

https://www.axios.com/trump-biden-inauguration-florida-rally-78b56134-54ae-4113-ad0a-ae29cd5c7be1.html

President Trump is considering a made-for-TV grand finale: a White House departure on Marine One and final Air Force One flight to Florida for a political rally opposite Joe Biden's inauguration, sources familiar with the discussions tell Axios.

The former network star is privately discussing using his waning powers as commander in chief to order up the exit he wants after dissing Biden by refusing to concede the election, welcome him to the White House or commit to attending his inauguration.

Is he...allowed to take Air Force One out of Washington on inauguration day?

If he's doing a rally in Florida side-by-side with the Inauguration (i.e. at noon), then he'll presumably have left DC at ~9:30, when he's still President & therefore still entitled to the use of AF1. (Also, outgoing Presidents have been permitted to take AF1 to the destination of their choice anyway: usually home (as with W.), but Obama took it to Palm Springs for a vacation, for example.)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2020, 09:17:22 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2020, 09:24:04 PM by brucejoel99 »

I have this deep gut instinct that Trump will not ultimately run. He will tease it, he may even continue doing rallies and selling merch and talking about why the country needs him, but he hates being President.

I think that's what he wants people to think. Then he's going to announce in 2023. He will tease it and people will speculate it he won't run then he does just like 2015.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »

He's not gonna run.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2020, 03:03:33 PM »

Because already backtracking from 'immediate Inauguration Day announcement' to 'not anytime soon' doesn't bode well for another run.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2020, 05:14:54 PM »

If the GOP goes back to a Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, John McCain or GWB Candidate I will activly try to destroy the Republican Party and encouraging Republicans not to vote in 2024.

Please do Wink
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 02:12:25 PM »

So, are we gonna see a Republican primary with both her & her brother arguing on stage in the debates? I need to know now so that I can start saving up on all of the popcorn that I'm gonna need.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »

Trump may be planning to announce his 2024 run on Jan 19th while fleeing the country in Air Force One and breaching coronavirus restrictions. (Not joking.)

Donald Trump could be planning Turnberry trip as Scots airport told to expect a high-flyer the day before Joe Biden’s inauguration
Air traffic controllers receive details of the arrival of a plane with a US special call sign weeks in advance but are not told exactly which plane when the booking is made. The source at Prestwick airport, who asked to remain anonymous, said: “There is a booking for an American military version of the Boeing 757 on January 19, the day before the inauguration. That’s one that’s normally used by the Vice-President but often used by the First Lady. Presidential flights tend to get booked far in advance, because of the work that has to be done around it.”

Veteran NBC reporter Ken Dilanian tweeted: “Trump may announce for 2024 on inauguration day. Either way, he won’t attend the inauguration and does not plan to invite Biden to the White House or even call him.”

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Trump has not finalised his plans for inauguration day.

If Trump does fly to Scotland he could be in breach of coronavirus restrictions. Trump Turnberry is effectively closed until February 5 due to Tier 4 rules, according to the resort’s website.

Boris extraditing him back to the U.S. after Trump refused to extradite the American diplomat's wife who killed a British kid & then fled the U.K. in the middle of the night would be absolutely hilarious karma.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2021, 12:56:26 AM »

1,384 days from now is exactly the date of the next presidential election, which is November 5, 2024.

Honest question: Who seriously wants Mike Pompeo to be President?

Mike Pompeo

Susan Pompeo, too.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2021, 03:33:22 AM »

1,384 days from now is exactly the date of the next presidential election, which is November 5, 2024.

Honest question: Who seriously wants Mike Pompeo to be President?

Mike Pompeo

Susan Pompeo, too.

I wouldn’t be quite so sure.

Her involvement in his official affairs during his tenure at both the CIA & State Dept. imply otherwise.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »

Not to mention, there's just an inherent difference between being named "Most likely to be President" by your classmates & calling yourself "president 2024."
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2021, 07:26:51 PM »

From the press briefing earlier today:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 12:02:57 AM »

Ain't that the truth:

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »

I wouldn't worry, Candace Owens & "thinking" have never been close friends.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 03:59:28 AM »

Gaetz would be a very weak GE candidate. What are his foreign policy credentials? He'd be the Republican version of Dukakis and would lose unless Biden manages to maintain horrendous approvals.

What were Trump's foreign policy credentials?

^^^

what where obamas? bushs? clintons?

It's been awhile since we had a president with serious foreign policy chops, and that wasn't why HW got elected. I don't like Gaetz, but he's a bad candidate because he can't expand his appeal.

Wouldn't Biden be considered as a president with serious foreign policy chops?

good point, can't believe he slipped my mind. I'd argue the point still stands, as he wasn't elected because of his foreign policy experience, but you're right that he's easily the most experienced we've had since HW.

I mean, if that's the point you're going for, then it doesn't really apply to Poppy either, since he wasn't elected due to his foreign policy experience so much as the fact that he was seen as a Reagan 3rd term. You'd have to go back to Nixon before you arrive at a President who was arguably (& even then, only arguably) elected because of their foreign policy experience, be it real or perceived.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »

I’m calling it now that Biden will win re-election, for one simple reason: The Lichtman Keys will be strongly in his favor if he runs, and he’s privately said that he’s planning to run again. He understands how risky it would be to retire after one term due to the fear of Trumpism returning. If he is in good health, he will run and he will win.

Source? I'm as big a believer in Biden as anybody, but even I hadn't heard &/or seen anything about this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies