The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:52:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 166166 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: December 10, 2022, 07:37:22 PM »

If he ran I'd vote for him. "Stand by your man" kind of thing. And Bernie is a much better messenger for his ideas than the toxic woke wing of the DSA. But obviously Biden will run unopposed
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #1676 on: December 13, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »

I am using this thread to announce my write-in campaign for President in 2024
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1677 on: December 18, 2022, 12:49:24 AM »

Post election poll- a majority of Dems think Biden should not run for re-election.

I don't think any Dem president has had a majority of his party think he should not run for a 2nd term... this is why all conventional wisdom saying Biden definitely wins the nomination, is not reliable this year.

Also- I can't think of another example where a party didn't want president to run- due to mental capacity issues (Age in Binden's case).
Hot take: Most Americans have become very cynical. Especially Democrats. I would suspect any president to be underwater on rather they should run unless its a cult like Trump
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1678 on: December 18, 2022, 08:19:34 AM »

Somebody is running for Vice President already.

https://people.com/politics/kari-lake-interested-donald-trump-running-mate-source-says/
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1679 on: December 20, 2022, 10:36:37 AM »

Two losers on one ticket. Incredible.
President Paul
United States

« Reply #1680 on: December 21, 2022, 05:11:14 PM »

Chris Sununu 2024?

msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-may-have-new-challenger-for-2024-race/ar-AA15x3wn
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1681 on: December 25, 2022, 07:40:22 PM »

Marianne Williamson is supposedly to launch an exploratory committee soon and hiring former Bernie staff in IA NH NV and  SC
At a party in L.A. last month, Williamson spoke about her position against “corporate Democrats” and the need to challenge Biden. Two very reliable sources have also told me that Williamson has already put out feelers to donors and secured an exploratory committee campaign tab on Act Blue. She has visited New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa (before the decision to nix Iowa from the primary lineup). She’s already trying to build an operation in South Carolina where staffers are reaching out to former Bernie Sanders alumni to see if they’re game. (Williamson declined to comment.)

https://puck.news/bidens-surprise-challenger-scalises-speaker-weapon/
I was at an event with Marianne a few months ago and she did tell us she's considering it, and I've heard she's already begun hiring staff here in Cali as well. Nina Turner is also considering running as well, I think Marianne is closer to announcing though it's interesting her and Nina are friends I wonder if they'd run against each other or if Nina will just not run and support Marianne if she hops in first. Id prefer Nina over Marianne though id support either Marianne has said and done some questionable things but Marianne has higher name rec and a larger fundraising network.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1682 on: December 29, 2022, 10:49:57 AM »

This article seems to have all the POTUS prospect names, both plausible and semi-plausible, in one place. I know it sounds hackish, but I find the Dem names in general more plausible than the Pub names, although some like Tim Scott are untested, in the sense of having had to endure a trial by combat under the klieg lights. As to that certain little Napoleon and perceived Pub golden boy, cast as the white knight from Camelot with his lance prepared and ready to affix Trump’s head at its point, in case you missed it like I did, DeSantis demagogued big time and erroneously about covid vax booster shots being medically worthless.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/07/28/fact-checking-claim-by-gov-ron-desantis-are-you-more-likely-to-get-covid-19-if-youve-had-multiple-booster-shots/

That is very disappointing and concerning. He may not be quite the pathological liar Trump is, but I consider that kind of conduct disqualifying myself. Making sh*t up like that that endangers the public welfare makes one unfit for power. YMMV.

Oh the article link. Enjoy - or not.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/12/29/2024-candidates-2022-00074972

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1683 on: December 29, 2022, 03:24:45 PM »

Some sources now claim that Jill Biden is fully on board for 2024, after she seemed more cautious earlier this year, now that the president's decision/announcement is looming:

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1684 on: December 31, 2022, 10:14:40 PM »

Trump is floating a third party run if he fails to win the Republican nomination.

Former president Donald Trump has approvingly shared an article on his Truth Social account which argues that he should mount a third-party bid for the presidency if Republicans fail to award him the GOP nomination in the upcoming 2024 election.

On Wednesday, Mr Trump, who last month declared himself a candidate in the 2024 Republican primary, shared an article in the right-wing journal American Greatness on his Truth Social page. The article compares his theoretical third-party run to the 1912 candidacy of Theodore Roosevelt, whose campaign on the “Bull Moose” or “Progressive” party line split the GOP vote and led to William Howard Taft’s defeat at the hands of Woodrow Wilson.

The author of the editorial, Dan Glernter, writes that the inevitable consequence of a Trump third-party bid would be to hand the 2024 election to the Democratic candidate. Mr Glernter suggests that the result would be justifiable as a punishment for the GOP’s rejection of Mr Trump should he lose the party’s nomination to another candidate.

"The RNC can pretend Trump isn’t loved by the base anymore, that he doesn’t have packed rallies everywhere he goes. But I’m not buying it: Talk to Republican voters anywhere outside the Beltway, and it is obvious that he is admired and even loved by those who consider themselves 'ordinary' Americans,” Mr Glernter wrote, adding that he has “no intention of supporting a Republican Party that manifestly contravenes the desires of its voters”.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1685 on: January 02, 2023, 09:48:41 AM »

Trump is floating a third party run if he fails to win the Republican nomination.

Former president Donald Trump has approvingly shared an article on his Truth Social account which argues that he should mount a third-party bid for the presidency if Republicans fail to award him the GOP nomination in the upcoming 2024 election.

On Wednesday, Mr Trump, who last month declared himself a candidate in the 2024 Republican primary, shared an article in the right-wing journal American Greatness on his Truth Social page. The article compares his theoretical third-party run to the 1912 candidacy of Theodore Roosevelt, whose campaign on the “Bull Moose” or “Progressive” party line split the GOP vote and led to William Howard Taft’s defeat at the hands of Woodrow Wilson.

The author of the editorial, Dan Glernter, writes that the inevitable consequence of a Trump third-party bid would be to hand the 2024 election to the Democratic candidate. Mr Glernter suggests that the result would be justifiable as a punishment for the GOP’s rejection of Mr Trump should he lose the party’s nomination to another candidate.

"The RNC can pretend Trump isn’t loved by the base anymore, that he doesn’t have packed rallies everywhere he goes. But I’m not buying it: Talk to Republican voters anywhere outside the Beltway, and it is obvious that he is admired and even loved by those who consider themselves 'ordinary' Americans,” Mr Glernter wrote, adding that he has “no intention of supporting a Republican Party that manifestly contravenes the desires of its voters”.

He said the same in 2016 to fear GOP elites. If he loses the nomination, I don't think he'll run 3rd party. He either tries to sabotage DeSantis in one way or another, he makes some half-hearted endorsement in exchange for a pardon.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1686 on: January 02, 2023, 04:48:22 PM »

He said the same in 2016 to fear GOP elites. If he loses the nomination, I don't think he'll run 3rd party. He either tries to sabotage DeSantis in one way or another, he makes some half-hearted endorsement in exchange for a pardon.

Keep in mind that even without a promise of a pardon, Trump would be legally more negatively effected if the Democrats win. The reason for this is, the vast majority of cases usually end up some kinda of plea bargins and the sentence could be very very different depending on which type of plea deal is negotiated.

Secondly even if he is taken to trial and convicted, he 100% would not be sent to any of the prisons we already have given that regular prison guards would not have any of the security clearance needed to guard a former president. It is very likely he would be sent to some place outside the prison system to serve his sentence: Could be a former military base or house arrest at one of his properties which then is fenced off.

Im sure Trump would rather do a sentence at a fenced off Mar-A-Lago or Fenced off Bedminister than some empty military base.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1687 on: January 03, 2023, 12:25:48 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-slams-biden-mcconnell-publicity-stunt-kentucky-nothing-celebrate

She is running, book it! Eventually she will become DeSantis' Vice Presidential Nominee.
BullyGirl
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1688 on: January 06, 2023, 12:51:55 PM »

Breaking
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1689 on: January 06, 2023, 07:11:05 PM »

This may have already been mentioned. I don't know why Gretchen Whitmer would want to leave as Governor with the Democrats in full control in the House for the Sh*t show of Washington, and she seems to feel the same. This is in regards to her running for Stabenow's Senate seat.

In a statement, Whitmer alluded to completing the entirety of her second term as governor.

"Debbie is one-of-one. As governor of this great state for the next four years, I look forward to working with her through the end of her term and beyond in however she serves our state next," Whitmer said.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2023/01/05/debbie-stabenow-will-not-seek-another-term-senate-2024/69780593007/

Given that mostly all the U.S President can get done (I appreciate Biden's successes) is in foreign policy, I'm surprised that it isn't by now mostly former military leaders who run for the Presidency.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1690 on: January 07, 2023, 11:13:17 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-slams-biden-mcconnell-publicity-stunt-kentucky-nothing-celebrate

She is running, book it! Eventually she will become DeSantis' Vice Presidential Nominee.

Wow, Republicans really don’t know what the word woke even means. Which tracks with their misunderstanding of so many other terms.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1691 on: January 07, 2023, 02:11:58 PM »

FOLKS:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1692 on: January 07, 2023, 02:43:21 PM »

FOLKS:

YEEEEES, Baby! Best news of the year yet. DARK BRANDON 2024!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1693 on: January 07, 2023, 02:44:21 PM »

FOLKS:

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1694 on: January 07, 2023, 09:37:54 PM »

FOLKS:

🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1695 on: January 08, 2023, 01:29:34 AM »

FOLKS:

Good.

I don't see any other D winning in 2024, other than Biden and maybe successful centrist governors like Laura Kelly or Jared Polis.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1696 on: January 08, 2023, 03:09:00 PM »

Breaking

Other than maybe Liz/Dick Cheney, who in the Republican Party wants Bolton to run? He's not even to going to win the support of 99% of NeverTrumpers.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1697 on: January 08, 2023, 03:10:23 PM »

Breaking

Other than maybe Liz/Dick Cheney, who in the Republican Party wants Bolton to run? He's not even to going to win the support of 99% of NeverTrumpers.

He just wants attention.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1698 on: January 13, 2023, 07:47:25 PM »

Wow, Republicans really don’t know what the word woke even means. Which tracks with their misunderstanding of so many other terms.

woke has become a kind of "slur" word today, like "nazi" but than for left wingers. It has replaced commie or tankie.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1699 on: January 19, 2023, 09:33:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies