The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:44:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165684 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: September 21, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »

Biden says he’ll decide on 2024 some time after the midterms:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3649720-biden-says-he-intends-to-run-in-2024-has-not-made-a-firm-decision/

“Look, my intention as I said to begin with is that I would run again,” Biden said in an interview with “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday. “But it’s just an intention. But is it a firm decision that I run again? That remains to be seen.”

Ugh, does that leave the door open to not running or is it just that doesn't want to get ahead of himself too soon?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1551 on: September 22, 2022, 08:15:07 PM »

based:

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1552 on: September 23, 2022, 07:12:45 PM »

based:

Well, that's one way to get Jodie Foster's attention.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1553 on: September 24, 2022, 01:56:10 PM »

Trump has a new Super PAC.

Top allies of former President Donald Trump are creating a new super PAC that’s expected to serve as the main vehicle for his midterm spending and could become a key part of his campaign infrastructure should he move forward with a 2024 White House run.

The political action committee, called MAGA Inc., will supersede Trump’s existing super PAC, Politico first reported. Paperwork for the new committee was filed Friday morning with the Federal Election Commission.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1554 on: September 25, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »

Speculation continuing to swirl around Gavin Newsom.

Governor Gavin Newsom is in the midst of his re-election campaign, and yet in recent months -- with his tweets calling out red state governors and his TV ads airing in Texas and Florida -- it's felt less like he's running for statewide office and more like he's eyeing a presidential run.

His decision on Monday to veto a bill that would have legalized safe injection sites in some California cities also added to the speculation Newsom may be contemplating higher office.

"I don't think it's unusual that the California governor would be making moves that would suggest he may run for national office," political strategist Rob Stutzman told ABC7 News. "Every California governor, more or less, at some point envisions themselves in the oval office."

Joseph Cotchett, a top Democratic donor and longtime friend of the governor and President Biden, told ABC7 News he believes Newsom is setting himself up to run for president if Biden does not seek re-election.

"There's absolutely no question in my mind from what I know about him, and I may be wrong, that he will run for president," Cotchett said.

Governor Newsom has repeatedly denied he is setting himself up to run for president. He recently told the San Francisco Chronicle he has "sub-zero interest" in running.

"He may have a sub-zero interest in it now, but not if Joe Biden says I'm not going to run," he said. "If that comes out, he will move forward very fast."
Newsom has a sub-zero interest in running the way Gandhi has a sub-zero Use Nuke score in Civ.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1555 on: September 27, 2022, 12:55:52 PM »

Bernie Sanders leaving the door open to a third White House campaign.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Monday said he hadn’t yet decided whether he will make another bid for the White House.

“That’s a big — you know, I haven’t made that decision,” Sanders said on “CBS Mornings.”

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1556 on: September 27, 2022, 01:49:56 PM »

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Monday said he hadn’t yet decided whether he will make another bid for the White House.

“That’s a big — you know, I haven’t made that decision,” Sanders said on “CBS Mornings.”

Give it a rest, man, even if Biden doesn't run.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1557 on: September 27, 2022, 05:05:43 PM »

"Woah woah woah, who said anything about 'not me'?"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1558 on: September 27, 2022, 05:13:51 PM »

Sepculation continuing to swirl around Liz Cheney.

Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-Wyo.) comment that she will not be a Republican if former President Trump wins the party’s 2024 presidential nomination is sparking chatter that she might mount an independent White House run. 

While Cheney lost her House primary to the former president’s endorsed candidate last month, her break with the MAGA wing of the GOP has made her the leader of the anti-Trump movement among Republicans and beyond.

It’s unclear whether Cheney will run in 2024 at all, whether she would run as an independent if she mounted a bid or what impact an independent bid could have on what’s shaping up to be another Trump-focused presidential election. But observers say she’ll continue to be an important figure on the national stage no matter what. 

“I’m gonna make sure Donald Trump — I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure he’s not the nominee,” she said during an interview at The Texas Tribune Festival on Saturday.   

“And if he is the nominee, I won’t be a Republican,” she added.   

Additionally, the outgoing congresswoman said that she would be willing to campaign for Democrats ahead of November’s midterm elections.   

Cheney — who has said she’s “thinking about” a presidential run — remains one of the big wild cards ahead of 2024. Though third-party presidential campaigns have historically fallen flat, Cheney’s high profile means an independent bid has the potential to scramble the political calculus as GOP primary voters increasingly nominate hard-right candidates for office, frustrating more moderate Republicans. 
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1559 on: September 28, 2022, 08:49:04 AM »

Bernie won't run again. I think this non-answer is more about keeping the door open for another person to run to carry his torch rather than he himself running. But he has also made clear that he will support Biden if he runs again.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1560 on: September 29, 2022, 07:53:36 AM »

As someone who voted for Bernie in the 2020 primary, he shouldn't run. Fairly or not, he's seen as a perennial candidate by now, plus he'll be 83. I also think he's way too nice. I'm all aboard the Newsom train.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1561 on: October 01, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »

Rep. Liz Cheney’s (R-Wyo.) comment that she will not be a Republican if former President Trump wins the party’s 2024 presidential nomination is sparking chatter that she might mount an independent White House run. 

While Cheney lost her House primary to the former president’s endorsed candidate last month, her break with the MAGA wing of the GOP has made her the leader of the anti-Trump movement among Republicans and beyond.

It’s unclear whether Cheney will run in 2024 at all, whether she would run as an independent if she mounted a bid or what impact an independent bid could have on what’s shaping up to be another Trump-focused presidential election. But observers say she’ll continue to be an important figure on the national stage no matter what. 

“I’m gonna make sure Donald Trump — I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure he’s not the nominee,” she said during an interview at The Texas Tribune Festival on Saturday.   

Additionally, the outgoing congresswoman said that she would be willing to campaign for Democrats ahead of November’s midterm elections.   

Cheney — who has said she’s “thinking about” a presidential run — remains one of the big wild cards ahead of 2024. Though third-party presidential campaigns have historically fallen flat, Cheney’s high profile means an independent bid has the potential to scramble the political calculus as GOP primary voters increasingly nominate hard-right candidates for office, frustrating more moderate Republicans. 

Cheney's career as an elected official is over. She's not going to be able to win any Republican primaries ever again. Even if she were to switch parties and become a Democrat, she wouldn't be able to win a primary on their ticket either.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1562 on: October 01, 2022, 10:18:13 AM »

Cheney's career as an elected official is over. She's not going to be able to win any Republican primaries ever again. Even if she were to switch parties and become a Democrat, she wouldn't be able to win a primary on their ticket either.

Yup. I could see her being appointed to some semi-important ambassador role by Biden or another D-POTUS in the future though. So basically a female version of Jeff Flake.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1563 on: October 03, 2022, 07:10:40 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1564 on: October 04, 2022, 05:49:08 PM »

Tim Scott now has a Super PAC, and was in New Hampshire last week.

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott’s closest adviser is leaving his office to take a broader role in his political operation, a move that comes amid a growing role in the midterm campaign — and speculation that he could run for president in 2024.

Jennifer DeCasper, who has been Scott’s chief of staff since 2015, is departing the Senate to start her own consulting firm, where she will help guide his political activities ahead of the midterm elections, including advising a new Scott-aligned super PAC that is expected to spend heavily for candidates on the ballot this year. The group — dubbed Opportunity Matters Fund Action — is focused on voter turnout and digital and mail advertising.

Scott has taken a highly active role in the midterm election: He has endorsed an array of candidates and is expected to visit more than a half-dozen states to bolster Republican contenders. Meanwhile, a separate pro-Scott super PAC launched in 2020, Opportunity Matters Fund, has spent $17 million to boost more than a dozen candidates, including sending $5 million to Senate Leadership Fund, the GOP’s primary Senate super PAC.

Scott’s increasingly high profile has sparked buzz that he is readying a national campaign. In August, he traveled to Iowa, which hosts the GOP’s first presidential nominating contest, and he is expected to return to the state later this week. Last fall, he made a trip to New Hampshire, another key state on the calendar.

And Opportunity Matters Fund’s ads have backed a pair of House Republicans in Iowa and the GOP Senate nominee in Nevada, a third early-voting state in the presidential nominating process. Scott’s leadership PAC, meanwhile, has lavished hundreds of thousands of dollars on Republicans in his home state, which hosts the first-in-the-South primary.

beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1565 on: October 06, 2022, 10:22:41 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1566 on: October 07, 2022, 03:01:14 AM »

The sad part of this is, if he ran in the Senate race, he'd beat Tester by more than Gianforte would if he ran.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1567 on: October 07, 2022, 02:15:18 PM »

The John Delaney of 2024 has declared.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1568 on: October 07, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »

Dwayne Johnson will apparently rule out a run for President on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is no longer cooking up a White House bid, saying a run for president is “off the table.”

“I will say this because it requires a B side to this,” Johnson said in a preview clip from “CBS Sunday Morning” released Friday.

“I love our country and everyone in it. I also love being a daddy,” the wrestler-turned-actor and father of three told CBS’s Tracy Smith.

“Especially during this time, this critical time in my daughters’ lives,” Johnson, 50, said. “Because I know what it was like to be on the road and be so busy that I was absent for a lot of years in my first daughter’s growing up in this critical age and at this critical time in her life.”
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1569 on: October 08, 2022, 03:42:14 PM »

Dwayne Johnson will apparently rule out a run for President on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is no longer cooking up a White House bid, saying a run for president is “off the table.”

“I will say this because it requires a B side to this,” Johnson said in a preview clip from “CBS Sunday Morning” released Friday.

“I love our country and everyone in it. I also love being a daddy,” the wrestler-turned-actor and father of three told CBS’s Tracy Smith.

“Especially during this time, this critical time in my daughters’ lives,” Johnson, 50, said. “Because I know what it was like to be on the road and be so busy that I was absent for a lot of years in my first daughter’s growing up in this critical age and at this critical time in her life.”
Running the XFL is hard work.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1570 on: October 11, 2022, 01:31:41 PM »

Would be funnier if it was Biden telling Al must run for president again
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1571 on: October 14, 2022, 01:06:04 PM »

There you go:

Now all what we have to do is to convince that stupid moron-like GOP Primary Electorate to abandon Trump.

While I don't like all the stuff Paul Ryan did as Speaker of the House these are good choices.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #1572 on: October 14, 2022, 01:18:16 PM »

There you go:

Now all what we have to do is to convince that stupid moron-like GOP Primary Electorate to abandon Trump.

While I don't like all the stuff Paul Ryan did as Speaker of the House these are good choices.
Out of any of these I'd prefer Tim Scott the most.
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #1573 on: October 14, 2022, 02:42:52 PM »

Youngkin/Scott is by far the strongest ticket they could put up. They’d win back the suburbs and be able to reclaim the rust belt from Biden. But they won’t, because their party has no clue how to think strategically like the Democrats do. So Trump and a narrow Biden win once again it is!
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1574 on: October 14, 2022, 03:36:47 PM »

Youngkin/Scott is by far the strongest ticket they could put up. They’d win back the suburbs and be able to reclaim the rust belt from Biden. But they won’t, because their party has no clue how to think strategically like the Democrats do. So Trump and a narrow Biden win once again it is!

DeSantis would be better suited, and is more likely to win a primary.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies