The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:42:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 85
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 165297 times)
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: January 03, 2022, 09:33:14 AM »

Just like Nina Turner did two weeks ago, Marianne Williamson gives a no comment on whether she’d challenge Biden for the Dem. nomination:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/01/progressives-2024-primary-challenge-526299

Williamson, a self-help author who dropped out of the 2020 presidential campaign before the first caucuses, said “I think the president will definitely face a challenger in 2024 ... The yearning to make government actually work for the people again is so intense now, and yes, absolutely, someone will emerge to make a stand for it.”

She did not respond to a question about whether she would consider running against Biden.

She "joined" The People's Party, no?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1176 on: January 03, 2022, 03:57:12 PM »

Larry Hogan is going on a nationwide tour to support Republicans who supported Trump’s impeachment:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/03/larry-hogan-tour-republicans-trump-526370
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1177 on: January 06, 2022, 05:04:35 PM »

Rand Paul says that while he’s running for reeelection for his Senate seat in 2022, he hasn’t yet decided if he’ll run for prez again in 2024:

https://www.bgdailynews.com/news/paul-files-for-re-election-doesn-t-rule-out-2024-presidential-run/article_01c63620-fdd8-5bb6-8e19-fea914f4ea9e.html

In an interview with the Daily News, Paul said he wants to remain in the Senate but hasn’t ruled out another presidential run in 2024.

“I think it’s too early to know that,” Paul said of any presidential possibilities. “The focus right now is on this race in 2022. I have no definite plans to or not to run for president.”
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1178 on: January 06, 2022, 11:13:56 PM »

Pompeo's lost more weight:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/06/mike-pompeos-weight-loss-story-down-90-pounds-in-6-months/

Another social media rumor is that Pompeo dropped the pounds to gear up for a presidential run in 2024. He laughs at the suggestion.

“The truth is, I’m really getting ready for 2044 and hoping I’ll be around in 2054.”

Why those specific years? Grandchildren, he says hopefully.

“My son’s getting married in July, and I wanted to be healthier and be around for what I hope the Lord will bless us with as grandkids before too terribly long. I’m not supposed to talk about that, I’m told,” he said with a chuckle, knowing he is going to get a little good-natured grief for letting his true feelings slip.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1179 on: January 07, 2022, 01:44:35 PM »

Impressive, though dang that just makes him look old. Previously I always thought he was Sean Spicer's age.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1180 on: January 07, 2022, 02:16:17 PM »

Impressive, though dang that just makes him look old. Previously I always thought he was Sean Spicer's age.

Yeah, he definitely looks much older. But regardless of what you think about him politically, you got to give him credit for losing much weight.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1181 on: January 07, 2022, 02:57:31 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/07/gop-2024-convention-search-526707

Apparently the 2024 RNC will be hosted in one of Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Salt Lake City or Nashville. If they really think Trump will run and be the nominee, SLC seems like kind of a weird choice to me. Utah may be red, but it's certainly not Trump country.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1182 on: January 07, 2022, 10:04:57 PM »

Pompeo's lost more weight:

https://nypost.com/2022/01/06/mike-pompeos-weight-loss-story-down-90-pounds-in-6-months/

Another social media rumor is that Pompeo dropped the pounds to gear up for a presidential run in 2024. He laughs at the suggestion.

“The truth is, I’m really getting ready for 2044 and hoping I’ll be around in 2054.”

Why those specific years? Grandchildren, he says hopefully.

“My son’s getting married in July, and I wanted to be healthier and be around for what I hope the Lord will bless us with as grandkids before too terribly long. I’m not supposed to talk about that, I’m told,” he said with a chuckle, knowing he is going to get a little good-natured grief for letting his true feelings slip.

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance to Pataki?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1183 on: January 08, 2022, 09:22:55 PM »

Larry Elder gives a non-denial when asked if he'll run for president:

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1184 on: January 09, 2022, 04:16:04 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2022, 04:19:44 PM by Ishan »

Yang predicts that a significant third party candidate will run this year

On the latest episode of “Forward with Andrew Yang” he tells co-host Zach Graumann that he expects a serious third party challenger to emerge this year. Look for it at around the 14:30 minute in the video below.

“There will be a [significant] third party candidate who declares, in all likelihood before the mid-terms, but definitely before year end,” says Yang. “Do I also have a little bit of whispering in the wind coming my way on this? Yeah.”
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1185 on: January 10, 2022, 05:40:32 AM »

Yang predicts that a significant third party candidate will run this year

On the latest episode of “Forward with Andrew Yang” he tells co-host Zach Graumann that he expects a serious third party challenger to emerge this year. Look for it at around the 14:30 minute in the video below.

“There will be a [significant] third party candidate who declares, in all likelihood before the mid-terms, but definitely before year end,” says Yang. “Do I also have a little bit of whispering in the wind coming my way on this? Yeah.”

Yang's pretty much all but announced his candidacy at this point. He's literally got nothing to lose, except maybe his reputation by making it official tomorrow.
Flint

« Reply #1186 on: January 10, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »

Yang's pretty much all but announced his candidacy at this point. He's literally got nothing to lose, except maybe his reputation by making it official tomorrow.

Is there really even much of a reputation to ruin?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1187 on: January 10, 2022, 05:18:00 PM »

Is there really even much of a reputation to ruin?

Kind of impressive that he went from "frontrunner to be in charge of the biggest, most important city in America" to "pariah" in less than a year.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1188 on: January 12, 2022, 02:57:30 AM »

Thought about doing a thread but I'll just ask it here. I see a lot of blue avs hyping DeSantis for 2024. Do you think Trump's not running or that he'd actually have a shot in a primary against him? Personally I don't see Trump losing if he wants it so I'd be interesting in hearing if any people who follow his activities more closely than I do think he's not really running again.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1189 on: January 12, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1190 on: January 12, 2022, 09:12:16 AM »

Trump vs DeSantis race has begun?  Azn
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1191 on: January 12, 2022, 10:47:27 AM »

LOL, imagine a Trump-DeSantis primary with Trump as pro-vaccine candidate.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1192 on: January 12, 2022, 04:49:52 PM »

Just as some predicted Trump is already looking more rational than a lot of the new Republican leaders. The downward spiral continues.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2022, 10:34:57 PM »

Just as some predicted Trump is already looking more rational than a lot of the new Republican leaders. The downward spiral continues.

There’s no need to predict. All one needs to do is to look at recent history. In the span of the Obama years you’ve got Sarah Palin, the Tea Party movement, Herman Cain, then Trump himself in the Birther movement. There will always be another demagogue. It is inevitable.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1194 on: January 13, 2022, 05:25:18 PM »

LOL
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1195 on: January 13, 2022, 07:29:39 PM »

LOL
Looks like 100% reliable source!

By the way... I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1196 on: January 15, 2022, 06:30:36 PM »

DeSantis on what he thinks about his strong #s in (Trump-less) 2024 presidential primary polls:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/486757-gov-desantis-sidesteps-questions-about-donald-trump-2024/

The Governor addressed the 2024 question in an interview with the right-of-center Ruthless Podcast.
After promoting his gubernatorial re-election website, DeSantis pivoted to facing, yet again, the question of why a subset of Republicans believe he should be their standard bearer. DeSantis repeated his explanation that people respond to the fact he takes action.

“I just do my job. But I think what people see, quite frankly, Republicans, they want to see people actually lead and get things done and fight back. And that’s what we’ve done. We’ve had to do it tooth and nail. We don’t back down from anybody. And we do things. And so, I don’t just wait for things to happen,” DeSantis said. “We’re out front.”

Harris on 2024:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-running-mate-again-2024-craig-melvin-question-video-2022-1

In an interview for NBC's "Today," Vice President Kamala Harris swatted away a question about whether she'd be President Joe Biden's running mate in 2024.
"I'm sorry, we are thinking about today," Harris said in the interview, which aired Thursday. "I mean, honestly — I know why you're asking the question because this is part of the punditry and the gossip around places like Washington, DC.

"Let me just tell you something: We're focused on the things in front of us."
"So there've been no conversations about 2024?" Melvin said.

Harris didn't answer that, either.

"The American people sent us here to do a job, and right now, there's a lot of work to be done," Harris said. "And that is my focus, sincerely."
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1197 on: January 17, 2022, 06:38:11 PM »

Interesting how Harris is now the third Vice President in this century to receive serious speculation about not being on the ticket for reelection. In 2004, Bush and Cheney's personal relationship was starting to tear and since Bush had gone from a 90% approval rating to barely 50% in less than three years' time, his reelection was obviously in doubt. As was Obama's even more so, whom people urged to replace Biden with Clinton (mostly by former Clinton supporters, to be fair) to save his ass. Literally nobody cares about Pence. And now that Biden is in deep trouble right now, he's under pressure to toss Harris aside (or not run at all, for that matter).
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1198 on: January 18, 2022, 11:57:21 AM »

Interesting how Harris is now the third Vice President in this century to receive serious speculation about not being on the ticket for reelection. In 2004, Bush and Cheney's personal relationship was starting to tear and since Bush had gone from a 90% approval rating to barely 50% in less than three years' time, his reelection was obviously in doubt. As was Obama's even more so, whom people urged to replace Biden with Clinton (mostly by former Clinton supporters, to be fair) to save his ass. Literally nobody cares about Pence. And now that Biden is in deep trouble right now, he's under pressure to toss Harris aside (or not run at all, for that matter).

You don't remember all the speculation he was going to drop him for Nikki Haley?

In any event, this is just the media stirring sh**t. There is no reason for an incumbent president to drop the VP from the ticket unless there were a massive personal scandal. Why go out of your way to draw negative attention?
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1199 on: January 18, 2022, 12:16:14 PM »

NYT: DeSantis says he "will not bend the knee" to Trump, supporting him in 2024 is "too much to ask".

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/16/us/politics/trump-desantis.html

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies