Is Biden done if he loses Iowa, NH and Nevada? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:31:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Is Biden done if he loses Iowa, NH and Nevada? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Biden done if he loses the 3 states?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Is Biden done if he loses Iowa, NH and Nevada?  (Read 3782 times)
RGM2609
« on: November 27, 2019, 01:48:04 PM »

If Biden loses all 3 of them, in a not too unlikely scenario, would his campaign be doomed or would he still have a shot at the nomination?
RGM2609
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »

Going in 4th in Iowa probably means he's done in New Hampshire.
Interesting. If he manages to surpass Sanders in Iowa and come in third as most poll suggest, would he be more likely to win NH?
RGM2609
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 02:20:10 PM »

No, and wont lose NV, only Sanders tops him in Latino support and Sanders trails Biden in NV. SC is his freiwall
I disagree with the Nevada thing. If Buttigieg for example manages to win IA and NH, he will likely steal enough votes from Biden to put Sanders into a narrow first.
RGM2609
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »

The Chaos Scenario (IA-Buttigieg, NH-Warren, NV-Sanders, SC-Biden): I mean, Biden probably wins here because of a lack of unified opposition but honestly who tf knows? Contested Convention?

How about IA-Buttigieg, NH-Sanders, NV-Sanders, SC-Biden? That seems more likely.
I disagree. NH, with its older liberals, seems like tailor-made for Warren.
RGM2609
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

Hillary and Bernie were not done in 2008 and 2016 despite losing 2/3 of these, not sure why Biden would be done then...even if losing IA would likely be a bad sign anyway.
They were not facing a field containing 20 people
RGM2609
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »

The Chaos Scenario (IA-Buttigieg, NH-Warren, NV-Sanders, SC-Biden): I mean, Biden probably wins here because of a lack of unified opposition but honestly who tf knows? Contested Convention?

How about IA-Buttigieg, NH-Sanders, NV-Sanders, SC-Biden? That seems more likely.
I disagree. NH, with its older liberals, seems like tailor-made for Warren.
Right now she is losing them to Buttigieg, I think Warren blew it. Anyway, you didn't answer my question.
I wasn't the one writing the analysis, but anyway, if Sanders wins NH and NV, he is probably the frontrunner. Warren will be out by Super Tuesday and most of her supporters will defect to Sanders, while Biden can't unite the moderates because of Buttigieg, who will not drop out soon enough because of his IA win. Sanders will be a narrow presumptive nominee at the convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies