Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:46:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12552 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: December 12, 2019, 04:39:41 PM »

If it were actually a generally accepted rule that one had to disavow all stupid behavior by those who agree with their political beliefs in order to be taken seriously, Joe Biden would've had to "condemn" you a thousand times over by this point.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »

A bunch of Bernie bros harass private citizens who dare to support another candidate and what our resident Sanders supporters (and sympathizers) do?
They start calling names the messenger.
Typical.

Before you know it, they'll start calling names the Lyndon next!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »

Sanders is the leader of a movement battling the Democratic Party from the inside with extremist policies and tactics and a neverending avalanche of bad-faith demands and arguments.  It's a whole group of people trying to tear the party apart and create a left-wing tea party.  And there's a big social media and alternative media pipeline trying to push young people into this movement.  They lie and lie and lie to foster a hatred for Democrats in the minds of progressive-minded young people.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.  I think he's a big threat to the party and needs to be taken down.

It says a lot that I agree with everything you said but I still think you're the most obnoxious poster on this site.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:30:30 AM »

Same type of person as this...

Yeah, keep tarring Sanders supporters with the same brush, great way to win them over.

At this point I'm just convinced that progressives should start their own party.

Why is it that you always see Sanders supporters doing this and never supporters of any other candidate.

Also this guy is running for Congress, he's not just a random Twitter account.

You genuinely spend twice as much time attacking your fellow leftists as you do going after Trump/right-wing policies. Someday you and Badger will swap parties and balance will finally be restored to this forum.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:14:10 AM »

You genuinely spend twice as much time attacking your fellow leftists as you do going after Trump/right-wing policies. Someday you and Badger will swap parties and balance will finally be restored to this forum.

Why do you care? You are supposed to be a libertarian. You should be delighted seeing leftists at each others throats.

^^ Yeah the entire forum got onto a groupchat last night and we decided unanimously that you guys are super annoying and that we should all totally just ignore you or whatever because you're, like, really starting to creep us out
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 06:03:00 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2019, 06:09:46 AM by Smiling John »

Yesterday on twitter, a Warren staffer was harassed as an "establishment shill" and a "centrist" by a throng of bros just because he had the gall to say that Saint Bernie's endorsement of Cenk was disqualifying.
As long as you don't denounce and isolate these people don't complain about the unflattering general impression other people have about you.  

These are the mistakes you make when you write a post like this:

1) Assuming that Twitter is representative of any segment of the population of the US. 90% of Twitter content is generated by just 2% of Americans, which means that when you make extrapolations based on what you've seen on that site, you're actually making sweeping generalizations based on an extremely angry group of activists who aren't at all representative of their demographic groups.

2) Assuming that anyone on Atlas cares what happened on Twitter yesterday. Telling us that "someone did something stupid on Twitter" is like telling us that "someone was murdered in Syria." It's become so ubiquitous that we're all now desensitized to it. Nobody cares. Its influence is extremely limited (see point #1).

3) Drawing an equivalency between Twitter users and Atlas users. Atlas is comprised of people who are much more levelheaded and intelligent than the average Twitter mob. Constantly demanding that Atlas Berniecrats (who support Sanders for perfectly legitimate policy-oriented reasons) disavow the behavior of their intellectual inferiors on a completely different website is nothing short of insulting. It shows that you are willing to paint all of Sanders' supporters with the same brush, which is one major reason why nobody takes you seriously on this site.

4) Using the term "Saint Bernie." It detracts from any legitimate points you might've made about Sanders' base. Nobody will listen to your reasonable political opinions if they're interspersed with condescension and ad-hominems. Also, "Saint Bernard" would've been much cleverer.

5) Setting up an unfair ultimatum. There is no reason for you to have an "unflattering general impression" of Sanders' supporters on Atlas because they have never participated in any of the things you've whined about on here. Berniecrats are actually among the least obnoxious posters I've met on this site. Yet for some reason, you think it's fair to demand that they disavow every idiot in every Twitter feud you dredge up-- and if they don't, you'll have an "unflattering impression" of them. Perish the thought! Let's forget the fact that most posters aren't too concerned with your impression of them, seeing as you have a terrible reputation on this site due to your unwarranted antagonism and complete lack of self-awareness. Overall I would say that you either need to leave this site due to your crippling hypocrisy, or simply take a few deep breaths before posting every time you feel your blood pressure starting to rise.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »

Yeah... PittsburghSteel, known Bernie Bro and Atlas progressive.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 02:26:56 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 08:14:43 AM »

I'm disappointed that Speaker YE would make such an insulting, degrading title for this thread, especially since I originally suggested making this a megathread in the first place.

Really shows what's going on with the moderation on this board when the most active mod re-titles a thread to characterize us as "whining, moaning, and complaining" because we don't like it when Sanders supporters break into a private home to harass fundraisers for Buttigieg, wish for President Obama to get cancer, send death threats to the WFP for endorsing Warren, and threaten the children of a woman doing research on a Cenk Uygur.

@MissScarlett, if you want to fix it you can modify your original post for this thread to be any title you want.

Whining about being called a whiner. I didn't think it was possible to be this oblivious.

I don't know why people keep expecting me to be a doormat and not call out bullsh*t when I see it but you need to get with the program.  There are users on this site you can bully around, and they'll just meekly take it, but I am not one of them.

Oh please, you are the biggest bully on this site and you know it. You shop around on Twitter for things to be outraged about and then bring that anger here, demanding that users "disavow" the behavior of people who share even the smallest sliver of their political views. I get that you're mad and I understand your reasons for hating Sanders' supporters on social media, but the moment you brought that bile into this forum and turned it against people who've never engaged in that sort of behavior, you discredited your entire argument. You need to stop playing the victim card and accept that your poor reputation on this site is earned.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies