Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:45:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12562 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: December 05, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 10:59:08 AM by Tintrlvr »

Generally, I find this type of paternalism cringeworthy and distasteful. I'll let the video speak for itself. "Where are the black leaders" juxtaposed with Eric Logan's brother (don't get any ideas - he's still anti-Buttigieg) trying to keep the peace is absurd. I have my own views, but I'm not gonna knock a black person for expressing theirs.

That being said, I think it's funny MacArthur's doing the exact same thing these people did to McBride. As I've said, "Bernie Bro" marginalizes and otherizes Bernie's female supporters and supporters of color. It's primarily used by establishment-leaning "Democrats" to bludgeon people who don't think like them. Quite frankly, calling someone a Bernie Bro is no different from calling them an Uncle Tom or a house ******. I'll call whoever on here uses it out just as I did the protester.

But why am I going so hard on this? MacArthur trying to paternalize the black community pales to defending cops who have committed police brutality. Knepper couldn't just be human refuse who doesn't belong in a cop uniform, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy! The Bernie Bros and BLM and Rose Twitter just want to smear a good man to hurt Buttigieg!

For someone claiming to stand up for the black community of South Bend, you certainly seem to have a high view of one of their biggest threats.

That wasn't enough though so they also took the whitest guy imaginable, had him put on a Black Lives Matter t-shirt, and act as obnoxious as possible to try to disrupt the event.

So funny story - he's actually Hispanic. It's not that relevant, since Hispanic people can be racist against black people too (just look at the news today and you'll see an example), but it pops your narrative about Bernie supporters being lily-white.

Calling a straight man a "Bernie Bro" is like calling a black person a "house n-word"? You sound like boomers complaining about "Ok boomer" being an ageist insult.

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".

Who said "Bernie Bro" implies being white? And who is calling women "Bernie Bros"? For someone who complained a lot about hyper-woke Harris supporters, this is hyper-wokeness taken to an extreme. And it actually is racist to make this argument; frankly, you seem not to understand why calling someone a "house n-word" isn't okay if you're going to make the ludicrous claim that "Bernie Bro" is an equivalent.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »

Can we please not do this "bernie bro is a racist sexist term" argument? It was incredibly idiotic the first time it was trotted out and it gets dumber each time it gets repeated.

Nah. It's 100% true.

Calling anyone a Bernie Bro is. The term was created explicitly to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Hence the whole otherization thing I talked about. It's extremely paternalistic to try and tell a POC they're "acting like a white man".

Who said "Bernie Bro" implies being white? And who is calling women "Bernie Bros"? For someone who complained a lot about hyper-woke Harris supporters, this is hyper-wokeness taken to an extreme. And it actually is racist to make this argument; frankly, you seem not to understand why calling someone a "house n-word" isn't okay if you're going to make the ludicrous claim that "Bernie Bro" is an equivalent.

The guy who coined the term did. It was satirical at first, but the way people use the two terms is exactly the same.

Stop trying to wiggle out of this. Please tell me what you think is offensive about "house n-word". And then tell me how those same things are true about "Bernie bro". Let's not beat around the bush here: You claimed that calling someone a "Bernie bro" is equivalent to and equally as offensive as calling someone a "house n-word". I want it on the record what you think is offensive about "house n-word" and why you think the two terms are equivalent so that we can all laugh at you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies