Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:45:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actions of Bernie Sanders supporters thread  (Read 12476 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: December 05, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

Bidenbros like GM are part of why I will never vote for Biden in the general.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 09:12:21 PM »

Bidenbros like GM are part of why I will never vote for Biden in the general.
I mean you are just feeding into the typical BernieBro stereotype by helping to hand Trump a victory in 2020.

I don't care.  Bernie's not even my first choice in the primary, but, y'know, stick to your narrative.

And BTW, Biden Bros doesn't work because Biden does BETTER with women than men. Just because he happens to have male supporters on a male-dominated forum does not make it any more of a thing.

The SJWs supporting Clinton were the ones who said that merely running against a woman is sexism.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 02:07:47 AM »

Three pages in and still not a single Sanders supporter has condemned or otherwise said that he disagrees with what these jerks did at New York.
Depressing but predictable.

Alright, fine.

The original subjects of the thread are certified assclowns.  So is General MacArthur (and his "woe is me" act in this thread doesn't change that).  And so was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

Satisfied?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 03:01:53 AM »

Three pages in and still not a single Sanders supporter has condemned or otherwise said that he disagrees with what these jerks did at New York.
Depressing but predictable.

Alright, fine.

The original subjects of the thread are certified assclowns.  So is General MacArthur (and his "woe is me" act in this thread doesn't change that).  And so was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem.

Satisfied?

What, if anything, would you recommend the Sanders campaign do to stop these kinds of incidents?

Why is it only the Sanders campaign that consistently exhibits this kind of behavior?

My recommendation would be to:
  • Publicly ask his supporters to STOP, and condemn this kind of behavior when it becomes a story.  I don't care how he does it.  Pick out some particularly egregious incident and turn it into a Sister Soulja thing.
  • Replace the belligerent Twitter trolls running his campaign (Sirota, Gray, Turner, etc.) with professional, respectable, well-behaved staff.  They don't have to be suits, they just have to not be assholes.
  • Try to make amends with the other candidates, and the low-paid hard-working staff at the DNC, the WFP, state Democratic parties, and other liberal organizations.  It is mostly low-level people and volunteers who have to deal with abuse from his campaign and supporters.
  • Stop using us-vs-them, everyone-except-me-is-corrupt language about the Democratic party.  This only encourages his supporters to see everyone else in the primary as an enemy and treat them just as badly as the Trump supporters do.
  • When conspiracy theories featuring Sanders or his campaign pop up on the radar, come out publicly and put the kibosh on them.  He's become a useful idiot for the Republicans and the Russians because when they use him to concoct conspiracy theories to divide our party, he plays along.

If Sanders did even, like, one of these things, my respect for him would double overnight.

If he did all five he might reach Warren-tier respect levels where I think she's a good person who just has bad policy ideas and some dumb populist tactics.

I don't think he will do any of this, though, because the truth is that these kinds of incidents are the bread and butter of the Sanders "movement" and this is a feature, not a bug, of the campaign.

I'm actually not opposed to any of those ideas.  Most of the reason I jumped on the Warren train early in the cycle is that I have more faith in her to surround herself with right-minded people and not let her campaign be overshadowed by bad-faith actors.  I get the impression that Sanders is not on the up-and-up on many of the people trying to co-opt his message, Cenk Uygur being a prime example.  That is much of why I've hesitated to support Sanders outright, although barring a surprise Warren comeback I may be resigned to voting for him if the race comes down to him and Biden.

Without defending the behavior of some of Bernie's more eccentric supporters, I do believe that these people, by and large, represent a vocal minority of his base.  If you want to argue that Sanders hasn't done enough to keep his supporters in line or refocus his message to the issues that brought him to the spotlight in 2016, fine.  He has not, to my knowledge, incited these types of stunts or encouraged his supporters to go after other campaigns with violence and hostility.  There is only one candidate in this election who has a history of doing exactly that, and that is the incumbent president.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:04 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2020, 05:05:28 AM by Bolshevik Biden »

This is eye-opening stuff:

>‘I know Bernie Sanders talks about “universal healthcare” and “canceling college debt”,’ he said, ‘but the real reason I like him is that he is good at keeping women down.’

>‘I don’t like Trump,’ he said, ‘but we have to recognise the real threat, which is a woman in the White House.’

>Of course, the misogyny of the Bernie Bros comes straight from the top. Bernie Sanders has been criticized for displaying such woman-hating antics as ‘denying that he said a sexist thing’ (if there is anything more sexist than saying a sexist thing, it is denying it)

>‘What motivates you?’ I asked one man, who, like everybody in the room, bore a strange resemblance to a host of Chapo Trap House.

Bitterness,’ he said, without a pause, ‘I look at the face of Warren, or Clinton, and all I see is Anna, that girl in junior high with the cute smile and ginger hair who went on one date with me and then said she was “too busy” to meet me again. Why did you do it, Anna? Because my breath stank? I had a medical condition, Anna! It’s called xerostomia. Just because that idiot Darren had nice breath it doesn’t mean he wasn’t stupid.’

He wiped the corners of his mouth.

‘I also support single-payer.’

This can't be real.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies