WI-Marquette: Trump in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WI-Marquette: Trump in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Marquette: Trump in the lead  (Read 5880 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: November 22, 2019, 11:21:31 AM »

Wisconsin will once again have yuge numbers of voters who hate Trump but vote for him anyway. I thought 2016 was about Hillary, but I'm starting to wonder if his repugnance is a selling point for these people.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »

I wonder why no one has mentioned that "Trump won Wisconsin with fewer votes than Romney" (or some variation of that like "Trump won PA and MI, but Clinton lost WI"). It’s usually such a popular (absurdly simplistic) talking point to explain away obvious trends/shifts in the state's voting patterns which favor Republicans and fly in the face of the theory that 2016 was a "fluke."

Exit polls showed more Trump voters in Wisconsin who thought that he was unfit and unqualified for the job than any other state. The easiest interpretation of this is that they hated Clinton more. Today we continue to see Trump way underwater on approvals, but the actual election polls tight. This demands some sort of explanation. I can throw a few out there:

1. For many voters in WI the Trump ideology is attractive even if Trump is repulsive, and they're willing to put up with keeping him in office in the hope that we'll make China play fair on trade and continue the economic growth of the past 10 years.

2. These voters simply hate Democrats, and aren't willing to vote for one (for president, at least) under any circumstances.

3. Gary Johnson voters are coming home.

I don't know. It belies explanation. Either the approvals are wonky, or the election polling is wonky.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »

If Trump, Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Romney are all unpopular, then who the hell do the voters want exactly?

Baldwin and Ron Johnson of course Purple heart

Expecting anything reasonable or policy specific from the most idiotic possible swing voters is lol tier.

This is the state whose Republican Party threw out Bob LaFollette in favor of Joe McCarthy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies