Will any of the Dem. candidates run negative TV ads in the primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:38:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will any of the Dem. candidates run negative TV ads in the primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will any of the Dem. candidates run negative TV ads against each other in the primary?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 3

Author Topic: Will any of the Dem. candidates run negative TV ads in the primary?  (Read 139 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »

Prompted by a comment I made in another thread: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there were any negative TV ads run in the 2008 or 2016 Dem. presidential primary campaigns.  I think there may have been some negative radio ads and the candidates of course went after each other on the debate stage, but I don't think Clinton ran any negative TV ads against Obama or vice versa, and same with Clinton and Sanders in '16.  (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)  This stands in contrast to 2004, when we saw the Dean vs. Gephardt brawl, which boomberanged on them and paved the way for Kerry and Edwards finishing 1 and 2 in Iowa.

Will we see negative TV ads in the primary this time?  And if so, which candidate is the most likely to fire first, and against whom?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:07:44 PM »

Not directed at specific candidates, but I fully expect some ads deriding the ideas and policies of other candidates whether it be from a more idealistic perspective or a more pragmatic one, and anyone who isn't an idiot can probably piece together which candidates those ads are referring to.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies