Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:05:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58900 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: February 24, 2020, 07:54:36 PM »

Given what has been reported about Warren's campaign, and given that her candidacy is now on life support, I find it interesting that she just now decided to start running ads in my home state of Colorado. She is the only other candidate besides Bloomberg to have done so at this point. And in her ads, she's trying to tie herself to President Obama, using his comments from a decade ago when he placed her in charge of the CFPB. It's ironic, because she's doing the exact same thing as Bloomberg, whom she has heavily criticized: implying an Obama endorsement in her ads.

I enjoy the Obama references, when Sanders does it I'm particularly pleased

It pushes back on the anti-Obama lefties
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #726 on: February 24, 2020, 08:01:42 PM »

Given what has been reported about Warren's campaign, and given that her candidacy is now on life support, I find it interesting that she just now decided to start running ads in my home state of Colorado. She is the only other candidate besides Bloomberg to have done so at this point. And in her ads, she's trying to tie herself to President Obama, using his comments from a decade ago when he placed her in charge of the CFPB. It's ironic, because she's doing the exact same thing as Bloomberg, whom she has heavily criticized: implying an Obama endorsement in her ads.

I enjoy the Obama references, when Sanders does it I'm particularly pleased

It pushes back on the anti-Obama lefties

If he wants to win over the majority of the Democratic Party and have Obama help stump for him on the campaign trail, he pretty much has to do this. Nonetheless, I welcome it too.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #727 on: February 24, 2020, 09:04:22 PM »

I was a huge Warren fan in the fall. If she has no path after Super Tuesday I hope she drops out.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #728 on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:47 PM »

Pro-Warren Super PAC makes $3 million ad buy in Super Tuesday states:

Interesting her campaign didn't buy in Charlotte. I guess they may have chose not to because the Charlotte media market crosses into South Carolina, and I presume ads are quite expensive right now (with NC and SC primaries within days of each other).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #729 on: February 24, 2020, 09:32:43 PM »

So 2 of the poorest cities in California? Did they not notice what sort of voters vote Warren?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #730 on: February 24, 2020, 09:34:27 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2020, 09:40:39 PM by Interlocutor »

So 2 of the poorest cities in California? Did they not notice what sort of voters vote Warren?

Perhaps she thinks Bernie's got the UC student vote but she can make inroads with CSU students?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #731 on: February 24, 2020, 09:37:50 PM »

They probably noticed how much cheaper ads there were than in LA, San Francisco, San Diego, and Sacramento.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #732 on: February 25, 2020, 05:24:56 PM »

The latest entrance poll in Nevada actually didn't include any income data. Of course the stereotype that Warren supporters are not working class is a Sanders campaign shibboleth.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #733 on: February 25, 2020, 10:40:03 PM »

LOL f[inks]ing pathetic.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #734 on: February 25, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »

Warren's biggest mistake was not realizing that her main competition was Sanders.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #735 on: February 26, 2020, 04:21:53 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2020, 02:06:11 PM by Interlocutor »

I'd find it more petty if Warren was leading by 10-20% in the polls when he campaigns there. Sounds like he sees an opening and shes not fully prepared for that
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #736 on: February 26, 2020, 05:20:35 AM »

Sanders will be doing rallies in both Minnesota & Massachusetts where he is near or leading both Klobuchar & Warren. He can knock out 2 people on Super Tuesday itself. Especially knocking out Warren will be important.

He was in Texas last week & has been in California throughout the last few months but hasn't campaigned much in Minnesota & Massachusetts but now he sees a chance to win both states.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #737 on: February 26, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »

Warren's biggest mistake was not realizing that her main competition was Sanders.

By the same token, the establishment's mistake last year was relentlessly bashing Warren and not realizing that its main competition was Sanders.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #738 on: February 26, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »

I think it proves Warren really cares about the progressive agenda more than taking out Sanders and it being all about herself. She probably doesn't see the point in sinking Bernie, when she really wants to see the Democratic party move in Sanders/Warren direction of free higher education, higher wages/benefits for working families, and socialized medicine.

She really has saved her vitriol for Bloomberg(deservedly) and the incrementalist Democrats saying the problems we need to tackle are too hard. She also had no problem going after Biden and his bankruptcy/credit companies stances of the past and how she was in direct opposition to him.

Warren is unlikely to be the nominee but she has kept the energy on the progressive side of the Party. It's good because it shows the support is not about a single candidate but what the voters are demanding.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #739 on: February 26, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »

She knows she is done. She is going to try to transfer her support and supporters to Sanders as smoothly as possible.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #740 on: February 26, 2020, 02:36:47 PM »

Does Warren win Massachusetts at this point?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #741 on: February 26, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »

I think she will. What seems the most likely is she will drop out in her MA speech after winning the state.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #742 on: February 26, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »

I think she will. What seems the most likely is she will drop out in her MA speech after winning the state.

Yeah, but she's still on the ballot for every other Super Tuesday state as a legitimate option, which is 34% of total delegates.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #743 on: February 26, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »

Is it true? I think, it is.

More than 200 Cherokees and other Native Americans have signed a letter urging Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren to fully retract her past claims to being Native and help dispel false beliefs held by many white people that they have American Indian ancestry.

The letter cites a Los Angeles Times investigation that found more than $800 million in government contracts reserved for minorities instead went to companies set up by members of groups with dubious claims to being Cherokee and Creek Indian tribes.

The letter describes The Times’ findings as an example of the harm done when white people rely on family lore and DNA tests to falsely assert Native American identity.
LMAO.

Warren previously apologized for claiming to be Native American, and for publicizing the results of DNA test that showed she likely had a distant ancestor indigenous to the Americas. She has apologized to the chief of the Cherokee Nation, has said she is not a member of a tribe and expressed regret over causing “confusion” about tribal membership.

But the authors of the letter — Cherokee Nation citizens Daniel Heath Justice, Joseph Pierce, Rebecca Nagle and Twila Barnes — called those apologies “vague and inadequate.” They say she needs to state clearly that family stories she heard were false, and that it is wrong to use DNA tests to determine Native American identity.

“As the most public example of this behavior, you need to clearly state that Native people are the sole authority on who is — and who is not — Native,” wrote the authors, who are Cherokee citizens but don’t speak on behalf of the tribe.

After receiving Warren’s response, three of the authors — Justice, Pierce and Nagle — said Warren “made an effort” to address their points about DNA tests and who gets to determine who is Native, but noted that Warren hasn’t recanted her family story. “We hope that after further dialogue with the campaign, Warren will bravely and publicly tell the truth about her family,” they said in an email to The Times.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #744 on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:04 PM »

It was nice to see Warren finally contrast herself with Sanders last night as the more competent, pragmatic, and technocratic alternative...it's too bad that it's probably too late for that to make any difference.

Other than being a woman, clearly her biggest problem throughout the primary was being too similar to Sanders and portraying herself as his teammate more than as his opponent.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #745 on: February 27, 2020, 02:31:19 AM »

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #746 on: February 27, 2020, 09:16:22 AM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #747 on: February 27, 2020, 09:33:08 AM »

It's too bad Warren will probably not be President, she's exactly what this country needs.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #748 on: February 27, 2020, 11:08:24 AM »

One week from now Warren would have dropped out by losing her home state of Massachusetts. The countdown has begun.

Atleast Klobuchar will win Minnesota.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #749 on: February 28, 2020, 01:43:07 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies