Smash255 vs. Keystone Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:53:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Smash255 vs. Keystone Phil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who do you vote for/who wins?
Smash/Smash

Smash/Phil

Phil/Smash

Phil/Phil

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Smash255 vs. Keystone Phil  (Read 3574 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 09:40:39 AM »

You know how many people you have either called a hack or a scumbag for not agreeing with you?  Real mature there Phil.

Hacks - You, Smash, danwxman, jfern.  Can't think of many more that I've actually called hacks. I also refer to you, BRTD and opebo as scumbags because...well..you are and almost everyone agrees.

And please don't lecture me on maturity. Seriously.

Ok, so you admit to resorting to name calling to get your point across to me?  That is a sign of immaturity Phil.  As for partisan hackmanship, you rank pretty high up there for Republicans on this Forum and dare I say 2nd to htmldon though you are more conservative. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 11:26:03 AM »

I generally see you state your point of view, but you very rarley go beyond that or offer any type  of real insight into the debate in most cases

I thought you just said that you rarely see me offer an opinion on those issues, Smash? Which is it? Stop changing your story.

Ok, so you admit to resorting to name calling to get your point across to me?  That is a sign of immaturity Phil.  As for partisan hackmanship, you rank pretty high up there for Republicans on this Forum and dare I say 2nd to htmldon though you are more conservative. 

No, name calling does not get my point across. That's just my natural response when dealing with idiots such as yourself. You resort to it quite often. Again, don't lecture me about immaturity.

How am I one of the biggest hacks? Give me examples. When have I said that I'd pretty much only vote Republican or say Republicans would win almost every race? I can name just as many races in about a minute that you said the Dems would win (that were incorrect) that I said the GOP would win (that were incorrect) and that would just put me at your level. I can name more than that, proving that you are a bigger hack. But I seriously want to know how I am a hack and better yet, how you can even get away with calling me the second biggest hack.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 01:06:38 AM »

I generally see you state your point of view, but you very rarley go beyond that or offer any type  of real insight into the debate in most cases

I thought you just said that you rarely see me offer an opinion on those issues, Smash? Which is it? Stop changing your story.

Phil basically stating an opinon on an issue and pretty much leave it at that, is quite different between having a real actual discussion & a debate on an issue.  Thats what I was refering to when I said SERIOUS DISCUSSION.   You will state an opinon, but leave it at that & very rarley offer any real  detail or any actual insight ior even make any kind of argument to back up your point of view. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 01:09:08 AM »

Phil basically stating an opinon on an issue and pretty much leave it at that, is quite different between having a real actual discussion & a debate on an issue.  Thats what I was refering to when I said SERIOUS DISCUSSION.   You will state an opinon, but leave it at that & very rarley offer any real  detail or any actual insight ior even make any kind of argument to back up your point of view. 

And I haven't seen insight on your part either, hack. Like I said, I don't get too involved in many of the issue debates here but to say that I shy away when challenged about my views is laughable.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2006, 01:10:04 AM »

tossup.

i like both personally.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 01:13:04 AM »

I feel sorry for you.     Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 01:30:20 AM »

And I haven't seen insight on your part either, hack. Like I said, I don't get too involved in many of the issue debates here but to say that I shy away when challenged about my views is laughable.

I didn't say you shy away when challenged about your views.  I stated that you tend to give your opinon on an issue, but don't really go any further.

Anyway as far as me getting involved in issue discussions.  I have had quite a few posts on Iraq, the NSA Wiretaps, the budget, tax cuts (where & when they should be implemented) the budget, healthcare.  I'm not talking about just listing an opinon, but actually getting involved in an actual debate & real detailed discussion
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 01:54:30 AM »

Toss-up.  I like neither.  Tongue

But in a US election, Keystone Phil would win.

Smash winning Colorado and Iowa is actually pretty funny when you think about it, but not as funny as Smash taking over Phil's home state of Pennsylvania. 

The home state factor counts for at least 5%-7% on the whole, perhaps more depending on the election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 02:14:08 AM »

I'm not talking about just listing an opinon, but actually getting involved in an actual debate & real detailed discussion

And I'm telling you that just because I don't post about every single issue on the forum doesn't mean that I don't actually debate.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 02:23:29 AM »

I'm not talking about just listing an opinon, but actually getting involved in an actual debate & real detailed discussion

And I'm telling you that just because I don't post about every single issue on the forum doesn't mean that I don't actually debate.

I'm not saying every issue, but I have seen very little actual insight from you on the issues.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 02:39:50 AM »

I've seen none from you either Smash. Looking through your posts, they consist of arguments with Phil or posts about how the Democrats will dominate congressional races next year.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 02:47:36 AM »

I've seen none from you either Smash. Looking through your posts, they consist of arguments with Phil or posts about how the Democrats will dominate congressional races next year.

Some of the Iraq threads, the NSA threads, as well as some budget & tax cut threads, the healthcare threads.

Anyway when exactly have I stated the Dems would ominate the Congressional races tghis year.  I believe my pics was 2-3 Senate seats would go to the Dems and some more house seats, but the GOP would retain control in both.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies