New Sheriff in Town (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:57:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Sheriff in Town (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Sheriff in Town  (Read 11729 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: November 16, 2019, 10:19:01 AM »

Also I said this on Discord already but we should make sure Yankee can't be sentenced to a criminal case in Atlasia for doing his mod duties. I remember a couple of loopholes that end with Yankee behind bars for doing his job.

Not like I expect him to actually be found prosecuted or sentenced; most likely the AG does nothing or he gets pardoned if someone even dared to bring a case.

Comment from Windjammer and/or Truman would probably help here though, just in case.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »

Also I said this on Discord already but we should make sure Yankee can't be sentenced to a criminal case in Atlasia for doing his mod duties. I remember a couple of loopholes that end with Yankee behind bars for doing his job.

Not like I expect him to actually be found prosecuted or sentenced; most likely the AG does nothing or he gets pardoned if someone even dared to bring a case.

Comment from Windjammer and/or Truman would probably help here though, just in case.
I don't believe the Atlasian government has any authority to prosecute mods for doing their job (any more than the DoJ can indict God IRL). I'd be interested to know what "loopholes" you're referring to.

The loophole would follow a very specific sequence of events:

1: During a federal election, someone who wants to get Yankee in trouble posts a ballot that clearly breaks the TOS (like ASV's infamous ballot for example) shortly before polls close. The closer to midnight, the better; especially considering Yankee is literally the Fed chairman and will probably be around on election night when polls close. I imagine a 23:59 vote will probably be necessary here.

2: The ballot stands in the forum after polls close.

3: Yankee deletes the ballot to comply with the terms of service.

4: Said poster with a deleted ballot sues Yankee for ballot tampering. Ballot tampering was designed for posters who delete their own votes (back when that was possible), but it technically doesn't specify who does the deletion.

(g) Ballot Tampering. This offense shall be defined as the deletion of a ballot during a period between vote was closed and elected officeholders sworn-in, soliciting to delete a ballot during the same period or deleting a ballot within the election period after 20 minutes of the vote being cast and re-voting within the election period.

An even better alternative involves a regional governor or elections officer posting a voting booth that clearly breaks the TOS while Yankee is not paying attention. If then Yankee deletes the booth, he could be accused of treason.

(d) Destruction of a Voting Booth. This shall be defined as the deleting of the thread in which a voting booth or an absentee voting booth for an active election is contained.

Of course, the involved governor or officer would probably be impeached or fired themselves and I doubt any of Peebs / Peanut / Yourself Tongue would do this but still.

Also, editing the ballot / booth instead of removing it would probably shield Yankee but I am still not sure if it would work. I am also not sure of the standards moderators use for editing vs removal of posts and threads.

And of course there is always the possibility of Gustaf (or Virginia / muon if they have the power to do so) doing the moderating in these very niche cases, at the cost of possibly having TOS-breaking posts up for long time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies