New Sheriff in Town (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Sheriff in Town (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Sheriff in Town  (Read 11718 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: November 15, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »

Good luck! Being a moderator is by all outward appearances a thankless job, but we'll be rooting for you.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »

Also I said this on Discord already but we should make sure Yankee can't be sentenced to a criminal case in Atlasia for doing his mod duties. I remember a couple of loopholes that end with Yankee behind bars for doing his job.

Not like I expect him to actually be found prosecuted or sentenced; most likely the AG does nothing or he gets pardoned if someone even dared to bring a case.

Comment from Windjammer and/or Truman would probably help here though, just in case.
I don't believe the Atlasian government has any authority to prosecute mods for doing their job (any more than the DoJ can indict God IRL). I'd be interested to know what "loopholes" you're referring to.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 02:29:52 AM »

As far as federal law is concerned, moderators do not exist, in lieu of a defined statutory relationship with the state: any actions they take with regard to the Fantasy Elections board or its subforums are taken in their capacity as agents of the Modcave (an organ existing outside the scope and realm of Atlasia) and not as citizens of Atlasia. I would therefore interpret the loss of a ballot as a result of moderator action to be an act of God, as if the post containing the ballot disappeared as a result of a software glitch.

In any case, my Justice Department is not going to bring charges against Yankee or anyone else for doing their job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies