New Sheriff in Town (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:56:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Sheriff in Town (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Sheriff in Town  (Read 11728 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: December 01, 2019, 01:56:00 AM »

Also I said this on Discord already but we should make sure Yankee can't be sentenced to a criminal case in Atlasia for doing his mod duties. I remember a couple of loopholes that end with Yankee behind bars for doing his job.

Not like I expect him to actually be found prosecuted or sentenced; most likely the AG does nothing or he gets pardoned if someone even dared to bring a case.

Comment from Windjammer and/or Truman would probably help here though, just in case.
I don't believe the Atlasian government has any authority to prosecute mods for doing their job (any more than the DoJ can indict God IRL). I'd be interested to know what "loopholes" you're referring to.

From an in game standpoint, the forum as a whole and the moderation team are given no specific mention in the constitution (the TOS isn't mentioned either), therefore in order to give them in game powers or protections, one must grant them such powers in formal law, as we are doing in the new FEA for a hypothetical full game collapse. Of course, the moderators are free to delete whatever they like, but this doesn't exempt them from losing their right to vote as a result, if a court were to rule as such. In order to create such an exemption, we'd need to write a law/constitutional amendment granting one.

Under current law, while we cannot reverse a moderator's post deletion, we can indeed deprive them of their right to vote under the reason that they violated either of the sections of the law Tack Cited, or in the event that we had evidence they acted with definite intent to influence the election, under the section that criminalizes voter fraud.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies