2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:21:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Maryland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Maryland  (Read 23331 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: May 06, 2020, 11:26:14 AM »

Nice job on the first one utilizing the Eastern Shore black population in the black districts.

I feel like you should be able to create an 8-0 map with three majority black VAP seats - just a matter of making Steny Hoyer unhappy about the black population in his district.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »

I think there's a decent shot that Sarbanes might give up his bizarre "I want to be in all media markets" fixation; can't speak to the others. The hardest to ignore will be Steny Hoyer of course.
Why would he want that ? just seems like a way to make it massively more expensive to campagin.

He doesn't have to campaign; it's a safe seat. What it means is that local news in DC, Baltimore and Annapolis all have to report on him and things that happen related to him because he's a local representative in all three places, so he in theory gets more statewide exposure to set him up for future statewide races.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies