Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:20:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 51102 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 16, 2020, 12:12:05 PM »

The more you talk about Bloomberg as though he were a serious contender for the nomination, the more you sow division among the Democratic Party and hurt Bernie's chances of defeating Trump.

Bloomberg handily loses a head to head matchup against Bernie by 15 points. Democratic primary voters have rejected Bloomberg and chosen Bernie as the nominee, now it is time to rally the party behind the nominee and focus on defeating Trump.

Amtrak Joe
Roosevelt
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -0.70

P P
« Reply #501 on: February 16, 2020, 12:16:18 PM »

The more you talk about Bloomberg as though he were a serious contender for the nomination, the more you sow division among the Democratic Party and hurt Bernie's chances of defeating Trump.
Maybe Bernie should be a stronger candidate then, or you should back a stronger candidate? If he can be hurt by so-called not-serious contender Mike Bloomberg, Lord knows what will happen to him in the GE.
Amtrak Joe
Roosevelt
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #502 on: February 16, 2020, 12:32:04 PM »

These people are mental...

Keep in mind, these people would rather have a runaway Greenhouse Effect following another 4 years of Donald Trump than elect a Democrat who's name is not "Bernard Sanders"
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »

This new Bloomberg ad is actually pretty good:

Half the country loves this. That's the problem.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

Bloomberg is increasingly looking like a Ronald Hump candidate:

Holy sh!t. Thank you for posting this. I was looking for it everywhere to post in this thread.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2020, 12:55:12 PM »

Keep in mind, these people would rather have a runaway Greenhouse Effect following another 4 years of Donald Trump than elect a Democrat who's name is not "Bernard Sanders"

Bloomberg is probably worse than Trump, more racist, more sexist & more of an oligarch. He treats women like scum.

If Trump was running on a D Ticket & was surrounded by Democratic politicians, he will 100% better than Bloomberg, far more liberal. Bloomberg, a racist & a sexist buying the nomination probably should be followed by a Trump 2nd Term, filling the Court with conservative judges so that Democrats don't even think of nominating a racist, sexist, evil oligarch.
Amtrak Joe
Roosevelt
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2020, 12:59:06 PM »

Bloomberg is probably worse than Trump, more racist, more sexist & more of an oligarch. He treats women like scum.

If Trump was running on a D Ticket & was surrounded by Democratic politicians, he will 100% better than Bloomberg, far more liberal. Bloomberg, a racist & a sexist buying the nomination probably should be followed by a Trump 2nd Term, filling the Court with conservative judges so that Democrats don't even think of nominating a racist, sexist, evil oligarch.
https://youtu.be/uq-v1TTUyhM
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »

Bloomberg has been sued by 40 women in 64 cases of sexual harassment. If that is who Democrats want to nominate, then they deserved to die as a party.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2020, 01:11:54 PM »

I was in that crew. I think the biggest thing is that I underestimated the degree to which people would look past Bloomberg's past as a moderate and a Republican/independent. I also thought Biden would do better in the early states, and probably underestimated the skill of the Bloomberg campaign and the difference that ads could make (partly because they didn't seem to help Steyer all that much).

With all that said, I still think a lot of people on here are really overestimating Bloomberg's chances. He's starting to receive real scrutiny now that people see him as a real threat to win the nomination, and all three of Klobuchar/Biden/Buttigieg still have a shot at being the last moderate standing.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

Bloomberg has been sued by 40 women in 64 cases of sexual harassment. If that is who Democrats want to nominate, then they deserved to die as a party.

Bloomberg's company has been sued for missbehavior. It was over 20,000 employees and Mike probably didn't even know about most cases. They didn't involve him personally. And unlike Trump, Mike is known to be paying fair wages and doesn't defraud his business partners. He also didn't hire illegals like Trump.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »

I remember in late 2019 people mocking Mayor Mike, saying he would be lucky if he got more than 2-4% nationally. What did these people get wrong?

Voting happened
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #511 on: February 16, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 02:21:17 PM by Neoliberalism is Evil »

Some people are infiltrating Bloomberg's texting and calling operations to show voters just how awful he is. Maybe I'll join them.

Maybe they'll start vetting volunteers, to remedy that situation. But that would still slow down their operation. It's a win-win.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »

Who is this person? Just ugh at this old white man telling folks to blacklist 22 year old kids taking a job where they knock doors and make phone calls.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 02:28:16 PM by GP270watch »

Bloomberg is a terrible candidate.  This is why the Democrats lose what should be their base. I talk to so many younger people who vote Democrat if they vote at all, but refuse to ID as Democrats because they think most Democratic politicians are the same as Republicans.  While I think their logic is wrong, a Bloomberg candidacy just reinforces this. Saying Bloomberg is not as bad as Trump is saying nothing at all. Trump is uniquely awful. But Bloomberg is the exact type of person who turns people off from politics and makes them think it's all a rigged sham.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2020, 03:15:20 PM »

Funny how blacklists are suddenly over the line when the left make them
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »

This new Bloomberg ad is actually pretty good:

I saw that, and my first thought is that, if anything would probably boost Trump's support among certain segments of society.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

Bloomberg is a terrible candidate.  This is why the Democrats lose what should be their base. I talk to so many younger people who vote Democrat if they vote at all, but refuse to ID as Democrats because they think most Democratic politicians are the same as Republicans.  While I think their logic is wrong, a Bloomberg candidacy just reinforces this. Saying Bloomberg is not as bad as Trump is saying nothing at all. Trump is uniquely awful. But Bloomberg is the exact type of person who turns people off from politics and makes them think it's all a rigged sham.

I think people are making a misconception by saying Mike is a terrible candidate just because they don't like him due to his pragmatism and his wealth. It's plain obvious Donald Trump will run on the economy to justify why he needs a second term. And some swing voters will vote for him because of that, even if they are disgusted by his behavior. If Bernie is the nominee, Trump can easily say his opponent will crush the economy if he gets elected and scare off a lot voters in these moderate districts Democrats flipped in 2018. If Bloomberg is the candidate, it's much more difficult to play the economic card since he has high credentials on economic policies. Mike already gets under Trump's skin, because he can't stand the fact he's so much richer and much more successful in business.

I'm not saying Bernie hasn't a chance to win the general election, but the economy could be his biggest weakness. Unless a downturn occurs before November, which is unlikely.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »

How do 40 women have 64 cases against him? Also aren't most billionaires sued by disgruntled people  trying to cash in.

Like Bezos' girlfriends brother
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 03:41:21 PM by PA is Lean D »

Literally everything you accuse Bloomberg of being is what Trump has been accused of as well: a rich, self-absorbed, racist, sexual abuser.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2020, 03:39:33 PM »

Some people are infiltrating Bloomberg's texting and calling operations to show voters just how awful he is. Maybe I'll join them.

Maybe they'll start vetting volunteers, to remedy that situation. But that would still slow down their operation. It's a win-win.

Are you also going to help blacklist a bunch of 20-year-olds and ruin their lives as well? #Activism
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »

Are you also going to help blacklist a bunch of 20-year-olds and ruin their lives as well? #Activism
EJ24
United States

« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »

The media and the Bernie stans can go on and on about Stop and Frisk, a policy Bloomberg was wrong about and has denounced. What they won't talk about is the fact that Mike was elected 3 times in NYC, which is heavily black and Latino, and how he expanded health care to thousands of New Yorkers.

Meanwhile, after 30 years in Congress, the only accomplishment Sanders has to his name is a bill renaming a post office and of course his vote for the 96 Crime Bill.

I LIKE MIKE!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2020, 03:47:43 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 03:51:03 PM by Michael Avenatti Will be Living Rent Free in Federal Prison »

Bloomberg is increasingly looking like a Ronald Hump candidate:

This reminds me of the dumb "turnout was moderate" cartoon Jfern used to have in his sig back when he was insisting that Obama would lose in 2012 b/c he was an evil Moderate Hero or some such nonsense.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2020, 03:48:00 PM »

Bernie "I voted for the Clinton Mass Incarceration Bill Because We Need More Jails" criticizing Bloomberg for stop and frisk is just rich. The only candidate who has a clean criminal justice in this race is Elizabeth Warren.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »

Literally everything you accuse Bloomberg of being is what Trump has been accused of as well: a rich, self-absorbed, racist, sexual abuser.

That is a great argument for not nominating Bloomberg. Last time I checked, the whole point of being the opposition to Donald Trump is actually being the opposite of Donald Trump, not the exact same except in blue.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies