Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:50:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17308 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2006, 12:15:50 AM »

I'd say B.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2006, 03:07:53 AM »

B+
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2006, 04:21:23 AM »

That implies that he's done nothing wrong at all.  Surely you can name at least one bad thing he's done and knock that down to an A+.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2006, 04:36:43 AM »

C-.

Below avergae, but not a total disaster.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »

I really hate it when people are stupid on purpose trying to win debates...

Yes I agree you were being dumb with your Doctor analogy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You shouldn't be advocating others to kill and die for a cause that you are to chicken to kill and die for yourself.

As for the draft they prevent people from leaving the army even when their time is up and they send national guard units to fight when they clearly signed up to defend Connecticut not to invade Iraq.

Liberation? Rotflamo you must be joking.  We took a moderate secular state and handed it over to Shi'ite Theocrats.

Yeah I'm sure it was real positive for the masses without water and electricity or the 147,000+ dead including a majority of women and children.

I don't see how anyone well anyone who isn't a cold blooded murder of children can support Iraq.  Surely anyone who believes Iraq was a good thing should be flying a blue avatar.

So you think that every action I want to be done I have to do myself, or I'm a hypocrite? Let's say I get sick from watching blood so I can't stand helping people at the scene of an accident. Should I then oppose others doing that, in order to not be a hypocrite?

You seriously think the Iraqis had it nice under Saddam Hussein? ou have any idea how he treated people there? I mean, do you have any sense of history at all? And I'm sure you don't mean to say that a majority of women and children died in Iraq. Tongue A lot of people used to die during the tyrannie that they lived under too. And that they're voting in religious loonies isn't anyone's fault but their own.

And I finally don't think that supporting freedom for Arabs automatically makes you a Republican.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »

And I finally don't think that supporting freedom for Arabs automatically makes you a Republican.

Good lord, Gustaf, it isn't 'freedom', it is imperialism.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »

D+

Dave
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2006, 11:07:03 AM »

That implies that he's done nothing wrong at all.  Surely you can name at least one bad thing he's done and knock that down to an A+.

I'd be hard-pressed to think of one thing he has done wrong.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2006, 11:35:43 AM »

lol
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2006, 01:24:15 PM »

You know, I honestly believe that Bush and his team have good intentions.  But the problem is that their organization skills are terribly lacking.

Bush has a tendency to put the absolute wrong person in key roles (Rumsfeld as Sec of Defense, Brown in charge of FEMA, nominating Meirs to the Supreme Court).

Also, the thing that strikes me is how petty and vindictive this administration can be.  Reagan and Bush the Elder were both great at turning their enemies into allies.  This admin just alienates people.

And lastly I have noticed when people leave this admin they all say the same thing.  That there is a tendency to want to push out anyone who presents disagreeable information.  I'm sorry but I think a President needs people around him who will tell him like it is, no matter how bad IT may be.

Final Grade = D+ based almost entirely on poor managerial skills
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »

You know, I honestly believe that Bush and his team have good intentions. 

Hah, seriously?  I suppose if you mean 'good intentions' towards their constitutency, which is at most one percent of the population.  Of course I suppose it is possible they believe their own nonsensical Horatio Alger rhetoric, but I really find that hard to believe.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2006, 01:36:33 PM »

b-

i have two big problems:

1.  he should push for social security privatization just as hard as he pressed for war

2.  he should be much tougher on syria.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »

b-

i have two big problems:

1.  he should push for social security privatization just as hard as he pressed for war

Hah, you are determined to shoot that foot of yours, aren't you worker!

What the hell? 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »

no im actually looking out for my future.

if left in government control, SS isnt going to be there when my generation retires.

do the math, opebo.  in a few years there will be more retirees than workers.  the government's ponzi scheme will be shot.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »

Federal Marriage Amendment?  PATRIOT Act?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »

I don't have a problem with either, since neither affect me, so (in my view) those would not be wrong.  (Again, we're dealing with opinions of individuals which might not be the same as yours.)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2006, 03:43:41 PM »

I don't have a problem with either, since neither affect me, so (in my view) those would not be wrong.  (Again, we're dealing with opinions of individuals which might not be the same as yours.)

I know.  But Don has stated in the past that he opposes both; that's why I mentioned them.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2006, 03:51:12 PM »

I know.  But Don has stated in the past that he opposes both; that's why I mentioned them.

In that case, grill away.  HAHAHA

htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »

Keep in mind that President Bush held off on supporting the FMA for a very long time.  I remember reading articles by people like Bob Novak who were criticizing the President for not jumping on board the bandwagon.  From a political standpoint, he had no choice.  If he opposed the FMA, its not like people like you would jump to his defense and make up for the lost support.

I used to be a staunch, staunch opponent of the PATRIOT Act but have been warming to it.  A friend of mine who knows a lot more about the legislation than I do has been working on me and slowly pulling me towards his cause.  Its not as bad as advertised - but I am glad there is pressure on the Congress to keep it limited.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »

Of course, Iraq has been handled PERFECTLY also.  Roll Eyes
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2006, 09:58:43 PM »

Its a war.  There is no perfect war.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2006, 10:00:02 PM »

Its a war.  There is no perfect war.

Hardly the point.  2200 Americans have died and who the hell knows how many Iraqis, and he still has no real plan.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2006, 10:00:35 PM »

Keep in mind that President Bush held off on supporting the FMA for a very long time.  I remember reading articles by people like Bob Novak who were criticizing the President for not jumping on board the bandwagon.  From a political standpoint, he had no choice.  If he opposed the FMA, its not like people like you would jump to his defense and make up for the lost support.

What do you mean, he had no choice?  Is the President supposed to form his policy over whatever the opinion polls say?  We can't defend President Bush's support of the amendment because he had "no choice" to support it; obviously, he had a choice, and chose to support it.  That being said, had he come out against the FMA, he certainly would have my respect over that issue, though not enough that I would support him.  It's not as if either of the two major candidates in 2004 supported gay marriage, anyway.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »

Hardly the point.  2200 Americans have died and who the hell knows how many Iraqis, and he still has no real plan.

What do y'all not understand about:

1. Provisional Government
2. Elections to draft Constitution
3. Ratify Constitution
4. Elect Assembly
5. Train Iraqi Troops
6. Reduce US troop levels

??
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2006, 10:13:49 PM »

What do y'all not understand about:

1. Provisional Government
2. Elections to draft Constitution
3. Ratify Constitution
4. Elect Assembly
5. Train Iraqi Troops
6. Reduce US troop levels

??

Jake, don't you know, it was all supposed to happen in two days, with no casualties.  And even that would have been called a 'failure.'

I hate war, but sometimes it is necessary.  Preventive war is always a gray area.  Had the French crushed Hitler in 1936 as they should have, people today would still be denouncing French aggression against Germany, and claiming that Hitler was just a misunderstood house painter who only wanted what Germany was entitled too (who would then have known that he would have defined that as the whole world?).

I can understand being against the Iraq war for honorable reasons, but many of the war's opponents are simply naysayers who'd rather see the US suffer a grievous defeat than see President Bush gain a victory.  For some inexplicable reason, they hate George Bush more than the love America.  And obviously many of them don't love America much.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies