Economic confidence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:28:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Economic confidence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Economic confidence  (Read 895 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2004, 03:09:24 PM »

I know I've been knocking Rasmussen these last few days, because his polls don't track with other polls much of the time.  However, he does an economic confidence survey that I still find very interesting.

He tracks both consumer and investor confidence in the market.  His baseline number is 100, and that number represents the level at which we were felling confidence in the economy right after 9/11.

Right now, the consumer confidence level is at 109, just barely better than after 9/11.  However, the INVESTOR index shows investors at a confidence level of 134, much higher than they were right after 9/11, when we were still basically in recession.

Consumers, 109.  Investors, 134.  I say this is more evidnece that most poeple have no concept of when the economy is doing well and when it isn't.  Investors seem to have a better idea of good and bad, and thus are less easily shaken by events not directly related to the economy like Abu Ghraib.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 03:23:44 PM »

I'm not sure if I agree that much with your observations.  As you said the base was right after 9/11 & it although both investors & consumer confidence was hit hard after 9/11,  investors confidence was hit even harder.  So while investor confidence level is higher in the survey its base is coming from a lower spot
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies