New Jersey legislative elections megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:23:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Jersey legislative elections megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Jersey legislative elections megathread  (Read 4419 times)
Cinemark

« on: November 05, 2019, 10:32:09 PM »

Stockton really screwed the pooch with their 1st District poll.

https://stockton.edu/hughes-center/polling/documents/2019-1024-stockton-poll-1st-district-senate-and-assembly.pdf

14 point lead my butt.
Cinemark

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 11:40:47 PM »

I lived in NJ for 20 years and rarely voted in these off year elections. Guess many current New Jerseians have similar experiences.

Cinemark

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 07:53:52 AM »

Going from a 56-24 to 48-32 majority is insane. NJ Dems need to get their ish together.

Ehh, they're not running the state all that well from what I hear.
Cinemark

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 08:07:19 AM »

Going from a 56-24 to 48-32 majority is insane. NJ Dems need to get their ish together.

Ehh, they're not running the state all that well from what I hear.

Nobody ever seems to run New Jersey all that well.  Maybe that's part of the reason why we see swings between the governorship.  

Probably.

And I should note, NJ is a blue state. But its not that blue. This giant trifecta they've had the last few years was untenable. There are alot of moderates turned off by Trump, but that doesn't mean they are permanent blue voters on the state level. 
Cinemark

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 10:00:23 PM »

https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2019/11/06/murphy-losing-democrats-should-have-embraced-him-1226458

Hahahahahaha. He literally sounds like the Democratic version of Trump here. For 2021, I think Republicans have a much better shot here than in Virginia.

Also this just occurred to me but it seems like Jon (with that spelling) is an unusually common name in New Jersey politics, between Bramnick, Runyan and Corzine.

Murphy isnt Corzine. Atleast not yet.

Lest you forget, Corzine was incredibly unpopular due to the recession and being a dumbass. And NJ still almost relected him. Not to mention NJ has gotten bluer in the last ten years.

So, your getting way ahead of yourself if you think democrats are safer in Virginia then they are in NJ. 
Cinemark

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 01:02:42 PM »

Totally, good thing the election is in 2021.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies