New Jersey legislative elections megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:39:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Jersey legislative elections megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Jersey legislative elections megathread  (Read 4387 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 05, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »

I expect dismal turnout, as always in off-year New Jersey elections, but even more so with the weather forecast. Weirdly, it's rained three years in a row on election day here.

I have no doubt that the legislature will stay majority Democratic in both chambers, I just really don't want my Councilman, Chris DiPiazza, to win a seat in my Assembly district. I actually went to middle school with him, he was kind of an arrogant prick, if I'm being honest. Back then, he gave me a scar on my lip when he idiotically zipped the sweatshirt I was wearing all the way up to my lip, causing it to gush blood to the point of leaving a scar. I didn't cry or resent him for that. I was mostly just confused about why he did that for seemingly no reason. I mean, who even does that?That's not why I don't want him to win though, it's because he's a Republican, and apparently a very ambitious one. My district is usually solidly Democratic, but in an off-year election with low turnout like this, he or the other Republican he is running with could possibly win. They are already winning the lawn sign campaign.

I see DiPiazza as a future leader in NJ.

Was he really a prick? He has a charismatic look about him.

https://savejersey.com/2019/10/election-2019-new-jersey-assembly-legislative-race-results/

Other than that, I think Bramnick and Munoz both lose, and that does not bode well for Kean Jr. ext year. I think he loses to Malinowski and retires in 2021.

Suburban Westfield/Union County is trending D because of a lot of New Yorkers moving in.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 06:04:09 PM »

There must be some share of voters in AD 21 who voted Democratic federally because they were reamed by the SALT deduction cap but by the same token are going to vote for state Republicans to keep taxes down.

Yes, swing voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies