Pennsylvania Registration Statistics, 2016-present (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Pennsylvania Registration Statistics, 2016-present (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Registration Statistics, 2016-present  (Read 2366 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:46 PM »

That's interesting but I find the population changes more interesting.  Clearly there are a lot of democrats in rural areas voting republican and a lot of republicans in the Philly suburbs voting democrat.  If you look at census population statistics, the areas that trended Democrat in 2016 are almost all growing in population while the areas that trended Republican in 2016 are almost all shrinking in population (since 2016).

Also I think I read somewhere that the decrease in Philly was some kind of error that has been corrected.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:55:08 PM »

This is all a nothing burger.  9,000 in a state as large as PA?  When we all know it's just Dems who haven't voted Dem for years anyways. 

I think we need to stop looking at states based on how they vote relative to the nation.  The "nation" if it were a state would be tilt or lean D.  Dems consistently win the national popular vote by 3-5 points and that's without drumming up huge turnout in states like NY and CA. 

The reality is that SEPA is the fastest growing part of the state and even the GOP exurban counties around that area, which are seeing heavy growth, are only gaining because of Dem transplants.  PA will probably end up like the Dem version of FL, a "swing" state that mostly favors Dems and stabilizes as a Dem +3 state.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies