NYT/Siena Polls of 6 Battleground States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:33:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NYT/Siena Polls of 6 Battleground States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT/Siena Polls of 6 Battleground States  (Read 13636 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: November 04, 2019, 09:37:01 AM »

These polls probably show what Trump's ceiling is, but he's not going to win next year. Undecideds break for the challenger (as Republicans constantly say).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:49:24 AM »

And it's important to note that Siena's polls for Senate races last year were biased toward Republicans. They had McSally and Heller winning, as well as having Cruz up 8%.

This is a pollster connected the New York Times who employers Nate Silver who went off on Twitter using the right-wing slang ""libs". Not sure it's wise to buy into these polls considering that.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 10:05:39 AM »

And it's important to note that Siena's polls for Senate races last year were biased toward Republicans. They had McSally and Heller winning, as well as having Cruz up 8%.

This is a pollster connected the New York Times who employers Nate Silver who went off on Twitter using the right-wing slang ""libs". Not sure it's wise to buy into these polls considering that.

Highly deranged stuff. You can also pretty easily check who Nate Silver is employed by currently.

The fact that you feel the need to call me deranged for not believing a poll says more about you than it does about me. If you want to hear deranged go listen to the audio of conservative leader Richard Spencer ranting after Charlottesville. But that's off topic so I won't dwell on it here.

Knock off the insults.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:12:05 AM »

Highly deranged stuff. You can also pretty easily check who Nate Silver is employed by currently.

The fact that you feel the need to call me deranged for not believing a poll says more about you than it does about me. If you want to hear deranged go listen to the audio of conservative leader Richard Spencer ranting after Charlottesville. But that's off topic so I won't dwell on it here.

Knock off the insults.

He didn't call you deranged because you don't "believe" a poll. He called you deranged because you think the poll is the result of a pro-Trump conspiracy, ran by the NY Times because they once employed Nate Silver (who was not involved in the poll!), because he used the word "lib" in a tweet recently.

I never said anything about a pro-Trump conspiracy, I just said pollsters involved with a newspaper are going to push the narrative of a competitive race. That is good for headlines. Stop creating your own fairy tale about what I actually said. This board is insufferable.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 10:23:12 AM »

Knock off the insults.

And it’s been pointed out to you why, you should probably take this poll seriously based on the pollster’s overall track record rather than cherry-picked races, as well as their methodology that picks up more non-college white voters, something many other pollsters fail to do. You don’t need to Baghdad Bob everything.

And I know all about Charlottesville lol. Setting yourself up to be compared with white nationalist lunatics wasn’t what you wanted here. Bad!

You had no call to refer to me as deranged. I didn't cherrypick races, I referred to their record in 2018 in statewide races.

Deranged is what your what your side of the aisle has become. Projection won't change that. But God bless you and have a blessed day.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »

Stop creating your own fairy tale about what I actually said. This board is insufferable.

Dude, read your post again. It reads like an OC post, seriously.

I apologize if I've offended you. It breaks my heart for blue avatars to be upset with me.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 10:37:05 AM »

These look like numbers with undecided leaners not pushed. I've done a bit of work in Michigan this cycle so far and we have yet to see any of the top three Dems fall under 48% when leaners were pushed.

Leaners were definitely not pushed in this poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies