Trump: Melania wouldn't cry if I was shot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:45:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: Melania wouldn't cry if I was shot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump: Melania wouldn't cry if I was shot  (Read 1839 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2019, 11:49:46 PM »

This is shocking to me... not that Melania hates Trump, but that Trump would openly admit it instead of acting like his marriage is "tremendous", "perfect", "beautiful", etc. The fact that Trump openly admitted a shortcoming makes me see him as a little bit more human, and a little bit less pathetic.

He said "not many wives would react that way" though. What the hell is he talking about? Does Trump just assume everybody's marriage is as transactional as his is? This guy is detached from reality.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 12:43:54 AM »

Yes he is detached from reality in so many ways.

And yes it does seem strange that he said that about his wife.

He's just weird all around.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 12:59:05 AM »

For once he actually tells that truth.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 01:30:44 AM »

He doesn't see this as a shortcoming. He assumes most marriages are like his. I'm sure his parents didn't display much love.

I feel bad for him in this regard. I'm sure his life would be very different if there was more true affection in his life, especially early on.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 04:14:12 AM »

Extremely bizarre.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 05:45:03 AM »

Imagine Bill saying something like that about Hillary. The feeding frenzy by the media and the Republican noise machine would have been a sight to behold.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:43:20 AM »

He doesn't see this as a shortcoming. He assumes most marriages are like his. I'm sure his parents didn't display much love.

I feel bad for him in this regard. I'm sure his life would be very different if there was more true affection in his life, especially early on.

This. It's quite sad that he's perplexed by the sight of a wife sobbing over her husband being shot. It explains a lot, though.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 07:50:37 AM »

This. It's quite sad that he's perplexed by the sight of a wife sobbing over her husband being shot. It explains a lot, though.

It also says something about Melania. People may like her or think they like her because she stays in hiding most of the time and tries to stay out of trouble, but in my view those two are two peas in a pod.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 07:53:38 AM »

Forget Melania -would his kids shed tears if he were shot dead?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 07:58:03 AM »

I think they would. They seem to all be onboard with dad. Except for Baron. Don't know about that one.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »

Melania knows something Steve Scalise’s wife didn’t.  That’s all.

Steve Scalise’s wife cried her eyes out.  She was so sad and devastated that she cried not only all the fried and pain and suffering and loneliness out, but something more...and it was just enough room for her husband.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »

Scalise's wife was crying tears of joy.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2019, 09:03:50 AM by Hi Friends! »

Tears of grief tbf...but joy heard them and rang the bell.

I had that experience when my mom died.  Except it took 6 months to get there.  When she died I was so numb that I had to get drunk 8 hours before her funeral to write a eulogy...I finally broke completely down 6 months later...I had hit rock bottom...but already I had found my husband around Christmas that year a couple weeks after the funeral so I had to lean on him a lot...but he and his mom Joy supported me and despite ups and downs they progressively evened out as my life situation improved overall until one day it just got to difficult to beat myself up anymore...so I stopped.  So in the voice eeyore...”ready or not...here i come”

And for beep boop and Genie Moos from CNN...that’s “dot dot dot bink bink...bink bink bonk”
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »

Very strange, but no one is shocked.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 01:16:29 PM »

Well, he wouldn't cry if Melania were shot, so naturally he assumes she feels the same way. Maybe she does, or maybe she doesn't.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 02:01:44 PM »

It also says something about Melania. People may like her or think they like her because she stays in hiding most of the time and tries to stay out of trouble, but in my view those two are two peas in a pod.

If he is as you state "detached from reality in so many ways," why would you assume this is an accurate statement about Melania?

For that matter why is everyone assuming Trump is making a somber and serious statement about his marital relationship at the same time as he is talking about how he would not recommend getting shot?
Basil
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 1.13

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »

If he is as you state "detached from reality in so many ways," why would you assume this is an accurate statement about Melania?

For that matter why is everyone assuming Trump is making a somber and serious statement about his marital relationship at the same time as he is talking about how he would not recommend getting shot?

Must you defend everything he does? Honestly, I just feel bad that he has such a warped view of what marriage should be.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »

Must you defend everything he does? Honestly, I just feel bad that he has such a warped view of what marriage should be.

I don't see how it counts as "defending" Trump to not think he has such a low opinion of himself that he seriously believes his wife wouldn't cry if he died. 

In fact I haven't made any post that could be remotely considered a defense of Trump in the  time you've been registered here.  Who are you?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »

I say it from experience watching her. Remember that jacket she wore that said "I don't care, do you?" That was all about her, nothing that a First Lady "should" say. From then, on I saw how her character was so much like Trump it was unsettling. Not in the bully sense, but in the egoistic "it's all about me" sense. There's a reason she can stand being around Trump.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 06:14:54 PM »

You’re a classy guy, pal.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »

I suspect Melania probably would cry if Trump were shot.

Tears of joy still count, right?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »

I say it from experience watching her. Remember that jacket she wore that said "I don't care, do you?" That was all about her, nothing that a First Lady "should" say. From then, on I saw how her character was so much like Trump it was unsettling. Not in the bully sense, but in the egoistic "it's all about me" sense. There's a reason she can stand being around Trump.

Except that in any interaction with Trump whatsoever, it's not all about her, ever , at all.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »

Imagine Bill saying something like that about Hillary. The feeding frenzy by the media and the Republican noise machine would have been a sight to behold.

Episode number 5967 and Counting
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »

Some very rare honesty out of Trump.

The question is though, what is he going to do about rectifying that? Nothing? Then that's the fate he and his marriage deserves.

Yes. With the exceptions of Baron and Tiffany maybe. But it wouldn't be out of genuine emotion, but out of losing their way of staying relevant.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »

Except that in any interaction with Trump whatsoever, it's not all about her, ever , at all.

There is a reason she stays with this man. She is getting what she wants out of the relationship.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies