Midwest Prostitution Reform and Sex Industry Protection Proposition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Prostitution Reform and Sex Industry Protection Proposition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Midwest Prostitution Reform and Sex Industry Protection Proposition  (Read 539 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2006, 06:39:48 PM »

As me and Daniel have failed every time in our many attempts to legalize prostitution in the Midwest, here's a new attempt to partially legalize prostitution, and protect other sex businesses:

Section 1: There shall be no penalties for any transaction of sexual services for money in the Midwest provided all parties involved are over the age of 21
Section 2: The following activities shall remain regulated under current law:
a - Profiting off of the sale of sexual services by any party other than the one involved in the servicecs
b - Formally advertising the sale of sexual services in any way
c - Operating a piece of property for the purpose of arranging financial transactions for sexual services
Section 3: No business shall be prosecuted for the sale of sexual services within its premises as long as the business does not exist for the explicit purpose of arranging such transactions
Section 4: Section 2 does not apply to the sale of sexual services that do not involve oral, anal or vaginal contact
Section 5: Businesses covered under Section 4 may employ anyone over the age of 18 and may admit anyone over the age of 18.
Section 6: States and Municipalities are permitted to pass zoning laws covering such business protected under Section 4.
Section 7: States and Municipalities are not permitted to pass any type of restrictions on businesses protected in Section 4 that fall under the following:
a-Restrictions on the hours they may be in business
b-Requirements on a minimum distance between any consenting parties at these businesses
c-Banning of any form of contact between any consenting parties at these businesses that does not involve the genital region
d-Requirements mandating how much clothing must be worn in these businesses
e-Requirements on the lighting within these areas
f-Tying the activities permitted within these businesses to liquor laws and licenses
g-Banning any sort of activity within these businesses that contact with parts of one's own body
Section 8: Businesses covered under Section 4 are permitted to pass their own regulations, which they are free to enforce.
Section 9: Businesses covered under Section 4 are free to prohibit any sort of photographic device within their property, and are free to forcibly confiscate photographic devices from anyone who violates these regulations without legal penalties.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 06:44:43 PM »

So any suggestions on changes to language in the proposition? The intent of each section:

Section 1: Legalizes the act of prostitution
Section 2: Still prohibits most activities associate with prositution. Essentially the law in the UK, Portugal, Rhode Island, Brazil and a few other countries
Section 3: Means that businesses such as bars can not be prosecuted if prostitution takes place in their property as long as they don't exist for this purpose (i.e. are not a brothel)
Section 4: Protects strip clubs and peep show booths
Section 5: Simple age limits on who strip clubs and peep show booths may employ or admit
Section 6: Allows zoning laws to keep such businesses out of residential areas
Section 7: Bans strip club regulations such as bans on lapdances, certain types of contacts, restrictions on hours of business, additional requirements if one serves alcohol, minimum clothing strippers must wear, or prohibitions on strippers doing things such as licking their breasts and simulated and/or actual masturbation
Section 8: Allows clubs to pass their own regulations
Section 9: Allows clubs to ban cameras, video recorders, camera cell phones, etc. and allows them to legally confiscate these.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:46:30 AM »

Wow. I'm sooo shocked that this proposition exists!! Shocked
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 03:31:45 AM »

x Lewis Trondheim
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 06:44:23 AM »

I tend to oppose some sections of this bill, and would support the addition of others. I do believe that counties should be allowed to restrict zoning of sex industries. Also, I oppose Section 2.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 06:47:35 AM »

I tend to oppose some sections of this bill, and would support the addition of others. I do believe that counties should be allowed to restrict zoning of sex industries.
This bill does that. See Section 6.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Me too, but it's better than nothing. We lost by how much last time? One vote?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 12:07:50 PM »

Yeah, I only put that in becasue of pragmatism, since full legalize probably won't succeed.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »

x Yak's Hairbrush
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 08:41:35 AM »

This shall appear on the next ballot.
Pages: [1]