what are you drinking tonight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:09:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  what are you drinking tonight?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: what are you drinking tonight?  (Read 7706 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 02:11:06 AM »

Jack and Coke
Water
Pineapple shot-something or another
Labatt Blue
Water

in that order
and I think it's about time for a soda.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 02:38:18 AM »

I had a couple of screwdrivers, as well some "cider"
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 02:57:49 AM »

just wine. I don't really drink that much over the holidays. It's sort of detox for me.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 03:06:45 AM »

Vodka

Champagne (people are horrified when i gulp it)

Diet dr pepper
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 04:11:47 AM »

Well, I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed that no one made any disgusted comments about me eating calf fries for New Year's ...

However! Happy New Year to each and every one of you -- I truly wish the best for everyone who visits the forum.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2006, 04:12:34 AM »

i just finished a Tecate, but i didn't have anything to celebrate the night

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2006, 06:12:35 AM »

I'm wasted right now and got shot down by a fat chick.  Let's see I had 2 Miller Lites on the bus going up and about 6 Vodka and Red bulls along with 3 Cherry Vodka and Tonics then 2 Gin and Tonics along with 2 Cherry Vodkas and Tonics along with some Champagne at midnight then 3 Miller Lites on the bus ride back then 3 more back at my friend's place.  You guys should also try Cherry Vodka and Red Bull.  Then I danced on someone's coffee table then fell over to impress some ing girl who said she wanted to go home.  Wow, I'm ing wasted right now.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!  Let Rick Santorum be kicked out of office and the Murphys gets elected to the US House!  Salut and Cheers!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 06:39:06 AM »

Well, I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed that no one made any disgusted comments about me eating calf fries for New Year's ...

I want to try those, J-Mann!  I guess a lot of people eat certain odd foods at the new year - in my family it was pickled herring, though I think we picked that up from some German-american who married in recently.  Does anyone know the origins of the various new years foods?

That said I ate no such thing here - sticking to Thai food.  I also had a single Chang beer - largish bottle, maybe 1.5 US style cans - but that was at 3:00 AM sitting in the lobby of the short time hotel.  Lots of fun stuff to watch, comings and goings, as I sipped my beer. 

I'm wasted right now and got shot down by a fat chick. 

Ouch.. that is painful.. but slightly funny too.  I sympathize, Flyers.  I had a tall slim 25-ish girl I haven't had in a few weeks.. she was really looking hot for the festivities - tight jeans, halter top, lots of gold.  She gave me something special for the occasion that she had never given up on our previous dates! Wink   

I also have a ladyboy freebie story from last night but I won't burden anyone with that.

You really have to get over here man.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 09:21:21 AM »

Last night? Beer. And a sip of Sekt right around midnight.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 10:42:02 AM »

A lot of mead, some vodka coolers, and then hard vodka.  Ugh, this morning I work up with a "I'm never drinking again."
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »

I'm wasted right now and got shot down by a fat chick.  Let's see I had 2 Miller Lites on the bus going up and about 6 Vodka and Red bulls along with 3 Cherry Vodka and Tonics then 2 Gin and Tonics along with 2 Cherry Vodkas and Tonics along with some Champagne at midnight then 3 Miller Lites on the bus ride back then 3 more back at my friend's place.  You guys should also try Cherry Vodka and Red Bull.  Then I danced on someone's coffee table then fell over to impress some ing girl who said she wanted to go home.  Wow, I'm ing wasted right now.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!  Let Rick Santorum be kicked out of office and the Murphys gets elected to the US House!  Salut and Cheers!

Flyers, that's 22 drinks if I'm counting correctly, man.  Are you sure you're not exaggerating a little? Tongue
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 12:06:09 PM »

Oh, and I'll be drinking beer -- and lots of it.  Free beer at one local bar.  $1.00 bottles and $1.00 draws at the one across the street ... not sure what they're doing at the bar on the south end of main street, but I never go to that one anyway (there you go -- my hometown, a block-long main street, three bars).

Anyhow, the one with free beer is great -- we have a nut fry (mountain oysters, or fried calf testicles for those of you unfamiliar) every New Year's eve.  All the food is free and so is the beer.  The bar across the street is charging, but as you can see, a $20 bill goes a long ways around here.  It'll be a fun night either place!

I just caught this -- fried calf nuts!! Holy crap, man, that's totally disgusting. Tongue  What do they taste like?  Hopefully, you were pretty well hammered before you ate those things. Tongue
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »

i just finished a Tecate, but i didn't have anything to celebrate the night

Why not, man?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 02:09:39 PM »

Flyers, that's 22 drinks if I'm counting correctly, man.  Are you sure you're not exaggerating a little? Tongue

And he can still turn on his computer, log onto the forum and post an almost completely error free post. Isn't he amazing?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2006, 02:16:01 PM »

And he can still turn on his computer, log onto the forum and post an almost completely error free post. Isn't he amazing?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Tongue  I smell a rat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 02:20:40 PM »

I think he begs for attention and it's pretty sad. The best is when he comes on here and says "I'M SOOOOOOO HIGH!!!!" Now do you think someone who was really high would come onto the forum and say that?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »

For a larger sized man with the mick genes that is not that much and I wouldn't assume an exaggeration.   I am unfortunately (for caloric and monetary purposes) cursed with an insane tolerance.  It takes me on the order of around 12 Americans beer before I even feel the slightest effects of alcohol. 

As for myself, I stayed in last night and worked out for a few hours.  I am not a big fan of New Year's Eve- it is amateur hour.  You get way too many people who can't handle their booze and the inevitable fist fight, shouting matches and puking that goes with people who don't drink often and don't know their limits. 
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »

For a larger sized man with the mick genes that is not that much and I wouldn't assume an exaggeration.   I am unfortunately (for caloric and monetary purposes) cursed with an insane tolerance.  It takes me on the order of around 12 Americans beer before I even feel the slightest effects of alcohol. 

As for myself, I stayed in last night and worked out for a few hours.  I am not a big fan of New Year's Eve- it is amateur hour.  You get way too many people who can't handle their booze and the inevitable fist fight, shouting matches and puking that goes with people who don't drink often and don't know their limits. 

Maybe you're right Pat, but I would think that with 22 drinks, the guy would at least make a lot of typing errors.  He is a big mick, so that would definitely increase his tolerance.

Despite my mick genes, my tolerance was always moderate at best, and now it's pretty low because I don't drink much on a regular basis.  In my heyday, I could have about 9-10 drinks and be functional the next day.  I'm not a particularly big guy -- about 5'11" and moderate weight.

I still remember the New Year's Eve when my friend had 18 vodka and orange juice drinks, with peppermint schnapps added to each (don't ask me why -- insanity).  He was a total wreck, and his hangover lasted for 2 days. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 02:44:35 PM »

Maybe you're right Pat, but I would think that with 22 drinks, the guy would at least make a lot of typing errors.  He is a big mick, so that would definitely increase his tolerance.

Despite my mick genes, my tolerance was always moderate at best, and now it's pretty low because I don't drink much on a regular basis.  In my heyday, I could have about 9-10 drinks and be functional the next day.  I'm not a particularly big guy -- about 5'11" and moderate weight.

I still remember the New Year's Eve when my friend had 18 vodka and orange juice drinks, with peppermint schnapps added to each (don't ask me why -- insanity).  He was a total wreck, and his hangover lasted for 2 days. 

Practice+genetics+mass=tolerance.  I'd assume Flyers and myself both have more of those than the normal drinker. 

There have been times in my life when I clearly drank way too much, too frequently.  In my tempting drink drunk phases I could launch back a quart of scotch and top it off with a dozen beers.  That is clearly dangerous, obscene and sad really. 

Now If I do go out out it is usually once a week on Friday night.  You are right about the age thing- It is harder and harder to bounce back from too much drink as the years go by.   I went out on Friday and had a few beers.  I can't stand how crowded some places on New Years are.  Anyway Happy New Year.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »

Practice+genetics+mass=tolerance.  I'd assume Flyers and myself both have more of those than the normal drinker. 

There have been times in my life when I clearly drank way too much, too frequently.  In my tempting drink drunk phases I could launch back a quart of scotch and top it off with a dozen beers.  That is clearly dangerous, obscene and sad really. 

Now If I do go out out it is usually once a week on Friday night.  You are right about the age thing- It is harder and harder to bounce back from too much drink as the years go by.   I went out on Friday and had a few beers.  I can't stand how crowded some places on New Years are.  Anyway Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you too buddy.

I woke this morning with a pounding headache.  And I didn't even drink that much.  As the years go by, it just takes too long to bounce back from a night of over-imbibing, and the pleasure-punishment scale from a night of heavy drinking tilts inexoribly toward punishment and away from pleasure.  I used to be a pretty big booze hound, but eventually I realized that the punishment from it was getting greater and greater relative to the pleasure it brought, and I cut way back.

At this point, I can't stand loud, crowded bars, either.  I guess I'm just turning into an old man...Tongue
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2006, 03:16:16 PM »

patrick man I think I did exaggerate a bit, but you have to remember it was over a period of time between 8 and 4 last night.  I lost count, but I know I had a lot to drink and that number was at least 15 and it was open bar so I had to take advantage of the $100 I spent to go to this place.   I had 5 drinks within the first hour at the place and that's after drinking 2 beers on the bus.  And yes patrick1, I'm sure you would love to know there was a "police presence" so to speak because there was about 2 separate fist fights that some strippers caused.  One guy had blood pouring down the side of his face.  Chairs were being thrown and of course that killed the good time at the end and about 5 women were hiding behind me.  Although I'm Irish, I am not a violent drunk, but I become far more aggressive with the opposite sex and I'm sure I made myself look like an idiot.  I had my arm around this chick named Liz the whole bus ride home trying to hook up with her and she was giving me looks like what the hell is worng with this guy.  I was also trying to get with her friend Kristen earlier that night.  Like I said before, I can be a bit of a loose cannon with alcohol, but I know NEVER to stir up a hornets net by going for some guy's girlfriend. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »

I know I am! 
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »

I was online once drunk out of my skull, and drinking more while typing, and nobody noticed. This was right before my presidential election, a little over a year ago now. I anxiously reviewed my posts the next day because I wasn't sure what I'd written, and it looked entirely lucid - far more lucid than I felt while typing. It's not that hard.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 10:27:21 AM »

I had orange juice with dinner, and some milk before bed.

On New Year's Eve I had Bailey's Irish Cream, the only kind of alcohol I drink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2006, 11:52:30 AM »

I had two White Russians, one with vanilla vodka and one with peach vodka, and a glass of Korbel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies