Yang says he and Biden have discussed him being VP pick possibly.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Yang says he and Biden have discussed him being VP pick possibly.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Yang says he and Biden have discussed him being VP pick possibly.  (Read 2877 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 02:09:31 AM »

If I were Biden and won the nomination I think the best choice would be Harris.  She balances out the ticket in a lot of ways and they're not very ideologically dissimilar.  This is the only ticket I would consider the overwhelming favorite to beat Trump because I think they would be heavily favored in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and probably put North Carolina and Georgia in serious contention.

NEWS FLASH: Senator Harris is absolutely detested in every single one of the the states you suggested she could be popular.

Wow, I guess 4 out of 5 of those states were willing to overlook their deep hatred of her.

Biden probably would've done better in all 5 states with Yang on the ticket. He has a real appeal to working class people and seems to be at least respected by independents on the left, right, and center.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »

If I were Biden and won the nomination I think the best choice would be Harris.  She balances out the ticket in a lot of ways and they're not very ideologically dissimilar.  This is the only ticket I would consider the overwhelming favorite to beat Trump because I think they would be heavily favored in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and probably put North Carolina and Georgia in serious contention.

NEWS FLASH: Senator Harris is absolutely detested in every single one of the the states you suggested she could be popular.

Wow, I guess 4 out of 5 of those states were willing to overlook their deep hatred of her.

Biden probably would've done better in all 5 states with Yang on the ticket. He has a real appeal to working class people and seems to be at least respected by independents on the left, right, and center.

Doubtful Biden would have done better in Georgia with Yang on the ticket for a multitude of reasons.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2021, 03:26:53 PM »

Doubtful Biden would have done better in Georgia with Yang on the ticket for a multitude of reasons.

Why?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2021, 09:46:11 PM »

Why?

The same reason Obama over performed in North Carolina in 2008.  Obviously Kamala helped with black female voters and Biden picking her was widely seen as a thank you and nod to black and brown women who supported him in the primaries.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/harris-vp-pick-say-black-women-biden-has-decided-write-n1236474

It's not really rocket science here.  The vote was very close.  He wanted to drive up the minority female vote at the margins.  Making history picking the first black female VP helped with that. 

Also, Yang was highly overrated.  Look at his performance in the NYC primary.  2020 wasn't a persuasion election it was a get your base out election.  Yang had no ability to do that. 

And finally, the biggest evidence that Kamala was a better choice was BIDEN PICKING HER, considering his campaign had access to all kinds of internal polling and analysis.  It's not like she came out of nowhere.  Many people thought she would be the best VP candidate for him.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies