How do I get into watching the NBA?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  How do I get into watching the NBA?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I get into watching the NBA?  (Read 224 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »

I mean like what channels is it usually on and stuff? Also what time of year does it start?

I have a friend who is really into it and it seems like it slaps, and I need a hobby instead of drinking, so this seems like it might be fun.

Oh also is there fantasy NBA?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 03:27:44 AM »

Nov starts NBA season, but X-mas is the official start, as both College and NFL winds down. March Madness also leads into the NBA playoffs. LAKERS or Clippers are favs to win it all. TNT is the best channel to watch
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:34:57 PM »

Yeah I guess its probably too late but I'd suggest fantasy basketball. That's the best way to start caring about what is happening in a random Minnesota vs. Sacramento game that you would otherwise have no reason to tune in for. Its a great way to start following rising stars in the league. TNT thursday nights is what stands out to me.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 01:27:05 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2019, 01:35:43 AM by Old School Republican »

Get Youtube TV with like 3-4 friends so you van get it for under $15 dollars a piece and then you will get ESPN , TNT and your local cable sports team channel(For is its NBC Sports North West) . If you wanna follow it more in depth also watch pre and post game, watch debate shows like First Take and other  shows such as the Jump.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:35:10 AM »

Nov starts NBA season, but X-mas is the official start, as both College and NFL winds down. March Madness also leads into the NBA playoffs. LAKERS or Clippers are favs to win it all. TNT is the best channel to watch

Lol at Lakers , they are massively overrated.

LeBron is clearly aging and is no longer the best player in the league(I would argue he isnt top 3 anymore either) , and the Lakers supporting Cast around LeBron and Davis is horrible. Look at LeBron's Miami Team in 2012 and 2013 where the non LeBron Heat > non LeBron Lakers(even if it may not look so on paper) and even then they struggled to win a title both those years against teams like an Aged Celtics team , Pacers , and Spurs and those Heat teams not only had Prime LeBron but Peak LeBron as well.

Clippers, Nuggets and Blazers this year>> 2012 Celtics and 2013 Pacers so I will say the Lakers will be bounced in round 2. Maybe Round 1 if Harden and Westbrook can coexist.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies