If Trump was acquited by a single vote?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If Trump was acquited by a single vote?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Trump was acquited by a single vote?  (Read 739 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2019, 02:19:42 AM »

I know this is extremely unlikely, but what if impeachment in the senate ends with Mr. Trump's acquittal by a single vote? Like it happend in 1868 with Andrew Johnson. Who would be the GOPers voted against him and how would Mr. Trump react to such a vote? And what would be the implications for the 2020 election?

I think he'd go after the GOP senators who voted against him but still tweet garbage like: "HUGE victory for us! Massive win for Trump! Dem hoax destroyed! MAGA!" and say "we won acquittal very, very easily, believe me."
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »

It won't be by a single vote. At most, Murkowski (and MAYYYYYBE Romney, though that's a huge stretch) might vote with the Dems to remove.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »

Yeah I think if it was going to be that close then the leadership would make a decision and whip it one way or the other.

But if he is acquitted by a single vote I think Trump would claim total victory, no different than if acquittal got majority support.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 03:40:41 PM »

I can't see a single vote decision (in either direction) happening without nationwide riots resulting.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »

Trump will be acquitted, I don't know what the numbers will be, but if the polls continue reflecting a growing number of Americans favoring his impeachment and removal there will be electoral consequences for him and his party in 2020...hopefully. There is the possibility of Americans forgetting this ever happened by then, of course....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 03:38:08 AM »

Pelosi wont even call a roll call vote on the impeachment inquiry, shouldnt we wait on if there is gonna be one article of impeachment voted out of House.  The media, is jumping to conclusions, just like Monicagate and is making money; as a result, it installed Bush W in the WH and we got 911. Clinton wasnt guilty as he was portrayed. Biden is being ignored by the media and is escaping responsibility. Which he wont, once the nomination is over and faces Trump.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies