Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:34:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions  (Read 8590 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 09:33:07 PM »

Extreme levels of toxicity. Juvenile and hypocritical personal attacks, literal false information, threats at doxxing, etc.

Deflect, deny, deflect, deny, deflect, deny. "It was just a joke" etc.

Rinse, repeat.

It's a simple formula but one that's incredibly detrimental to the game and how much enjoyment people can get from it--both those receiving the attacks but probably more so the people who spend their time dragging down others over a damn forum game. I can't imagine the psychological toll of that.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 09:43:44 PM »

Extreme levels of toxicity. Juvenile and hypocritical personal attacks, literal false information, threats at doxxing, etc.

Rinse, repeat.

It's a simple formula but one that's incredibly detrimental to the game and how much enjoyment people can get from it--both those receiving the attacks but probably more so the people who spend their time dragging down others over a damn forum game. I can't imagine the psychological toll of that.

Literally none of the trolling would have happened if people minded their own business to begin with.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »

Rinse, repeat.

Literally none of the trolling would have happened if people minded their own business to begin with.

Doesn't make it right.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:08 PM »

Rinse, repeat.

Doesn't make it right.

As I said before, I'm not going to apologize when the person affected brought it on themselves.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:19 PM »

Don't blame us for exposing your horrible beliefs, blame yourselves for having horrible beliefs. And furthermore, it's our business to know if people who choose to put themselves forward for office in Atlasia have horrible beliefs.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:50 PM »

Don't blame us for exposing your horrible beliefs, blame yourselves for having horrible beliefs. And furthermore, it's our business to know if people who choose to put themselves forward for office in Atlasia have horrible beliefs.
Good to know you have nothing better to do with your free time.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »

Good to know you have nothing better to do with your free time.

Hey, feel free to deregister. You'll be better off and so will everyone else. Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:51 PM »

Rinse, repeat.

Doesn't make it right.

As I said before, I'm not going to apologize when the person affected brought it on themselves.
100% proof you don't care about being friends with me, the choice for you was: continue partisan grandstanding or save a friendship, clearly you don't and haven't cared.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 10:01:32 PM »

Rinse, repeat.

Doesn't make it right.

100% proof you don't care about being friends with me, the choice for you was: continue partisan grandstanding or save a friendship, clearly you don't and haven't cared.

Already addressed:
You can say what you want about your claim that you "tried to be friends with the right wingers", but when you go out of your way to try to  creep on them in places where you know you aren't welcome, that's not friendship.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 10:02:14 PM »

Rinse, repeat.

Doesn't make it right.

Already addressed:
You can say what you want about your claim that you "tried to be friends with the right wingers", but when you go out of your way to try to  creep on them in places where you know you aren't welcome, that's not friendship.

you used to leak stuff to me all the time lol, including from a fed-acp meeting room
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 10:06:19 PM »

It's funny that the left is getting their panties in a bunch over trolling when we know they're watching, when we all know for a fact that they trash talk other users in their own servers, and have been doing so for quite some time.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 10:09:12 PM »

It's interesting how Yankee is trying to be a voice of reason in the right and is just being totally ignored.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 10:09:40 PM »

It's funny that the left is getting their panties in a bunch over trolling when we know they're watching, when we all know for a fact that they trash talk other users in their own servers, and have been doing so for quite some time.

I have never desired it on my part to emulate the left and their despicable actions. Once upon a time the right thought it desirable to contrast, not adopt their horrendous ways. I long for those days back.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »

It's interesting how Yankee is trying to be a voice of reason in the right and is just being totally ignored.

Its all fun and games until someone's bleeding to death on the floor, then they typically come begging for me to save them.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2019, 11:17:31 PM »

Its all fun and games until someone's bleeding to death on the floor, then they typically come begging for me to save them.

If this result doesn't qualify as a mortal wound on the right then what does? And yet the right isn't heeding any reasonable advice and is instead diving further down the rabbit hole.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 12:52:23 AM »

Honestly I think Yankee might be the only one left who cares about "reason."
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:50 AM »

surely this thread and others coming only a day after one of the biggest landslides since the reset  shows that it’s going to be a long wilderness for the right.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2019, 02:32:44 AM »

surely this thread and others coming only a day after one of the biggest landslides since the reset  shows that it’s going to be a long wilderness for the right.

*ahem* the biggest landslide Wink
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2019, 04:53:05 AM »

Many bad (or sick) people in that thread! I cannot wait for the usual suspects to come along and insist that their threats to doxx specific users were a hilarious joke and actually the left are the REAL bad guys because "something something Adam Griffin."

I just want this post on the second page also so that everyone can look at it again.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »

And these same people wonder why the largest labor landslide to date just happened.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »

Honestly I think Yankee might be the only one left who cares about "reason."

No there are a couple of others, but they lose their minds when in the Discord echo chambers and start developing tunnel vision around a certain objective.

Opposition to the left becomes a contest to see who can mock and attack Leinad, DFW, Adam or Pericles the most. Even though I have repeatedly said this is the exact mindset that revived Labor and harmed us in the past. Fixating on one person on the left and turning a bunch of people on the left against them was YT's go to strategy but it was a house of cards that only he could pull together and then only for a short time.

Here again ironically, the interest in recruiting derives from a desire not to repeat the same failed strategy. But here again also, even that is subjected to the same extremes that one often finds in an echo chamber and which I spent a good part of this morning talking back down off the ledge.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2019, 03:38:50 PM »

Also I should probably respond to their EPIC TAKEDOWN of DUMB SJW LEINAD with FACTS AND LOGIC or whatever. ("They mentioned me so I get to respond!" Tongue)

I based my response to RI on values instead of "facts" because, unlike you guys who pretend to be Philosophy Experts, I don't pretend to be a Philosophy Expert but even I know that you can not derive what ought to be from what is. I also know that the data that is typically cited is grossly misrepresented, so to say that "facts are on their side" is a fantasy.

I could've spent two hours "debunking" the information (and I could, although some people could do it in one hour!), but why should I? I don't derive my ethical beliefs from cherry-picked (and often misinterpreted!) studies and articles, and I know that even if I had my own folder of articles that explains why their points are wrong they will continue to believe what they believe about the rights of trans people. Besides, what sane person would want to spend their time digging through trans suicide data to argue with people just trying to justify bigoted views on the internet?

And yeah, I don't think these views are just "innocent rationality." Maybe a few of you genuinely want what's best for all people, including trans people, but disagree with the consensus held by most trans people on how to do that. I hope those people change their minds (and at the risk of sounding too optimistic I think some of you will). But I think many of you are simply using cherry-picked data and mental gymnastics (or, as you say, "facts and logic") and discounting any questions of morality or how your words and actions could affect others (because you're sociopathic "facts don't care about your feelings") to, ultimately, justify your unchallenged feeling that "a woman who was born with a penis is kinda weird and gross." My evidence that most of you fall into that camp is that you don't sound very "concerned about the effects this has on trans people" when you're posting boomer memes about "thousands of genders" and "are you assuming my gender" and all that. Not very "compassionate" conservatives when you're like "LOL I IDENTIFY AS A BEE." I don't know why social conservative became so sociopathic and pseudo-intellectual--maybe it's Ben Shapiro's fault? Maybe it's just demographics as evangelicals die off and are replaced by nihilists? Regardless it's just as harmful a view to take (not my opinion, ask just about any trans person).

To address fhtagn's question about "there are two genders," that is actually off-topic (also I stopped reading the thread because I didn't want to waste my time making a post like this in there, oh well Tongue). We were talking about trans people, not "7000 GENDERS HURR DURR" or whatever. Again, social conservatives use strawman arguments and ask questions in bad faith, pretending like they are part of some second enlightenment of intellectual rebels, when all they're doing is defending the status quo (a status quo that is objectively bad for LGBT people in most places).

But, go ahead, if you want to believe my position lacks any rigor or consideration, I can't legally stop you! Tongue
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »

I guess some people did not realize The Giver was not an instruction manual for how to improve your life and own the libs with totalitarian psychopathy. A truly fascinating phenomenon —almost as fascinating as fhtagn's reply to this post will be when she suggests everyone else in this thread is illiterate as if that were some kind of debating masterstroke.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:59 PM »

To address fhtagn's question about "there are two genders," that is actually off-topic (also I stopped reading the thread because I didn't want to waste my time making a post like this in there, oh well Tongue). We were talking about trans people, not "7000 GENDERS HURR DURR" or whatever. Again, social conservatives use strawman arguments and ask questions in bad faith, pretending like they are part of some second enlightenment of intellectual rebels, when all they're doing is defending the status quo (a status quo that is objectively bad for LGBT people in most places).

It wasn't an off-topic question. Even if you took out the idea of multiple genders (which there are people who genuinely believe this), the point is still valid and factual. Regardless of whether someone has a traditional view of gender or if someone has a different view of gender similar to yours, to say that the former must believe the same thing you do is still forcing your view of gender on someone else, just as you feel their view of gender is being forced on you.

Of course, we already know intentionally misgendering someone knowing it would hurt said person is a dick move and shouldn't be tolerated (in fact, that's the very reason Ben Kenobi isn't on speaking terms with me at the moment), but it's not really acceptable to suggest that those who hold a traditional view are wrong and bigoted.

You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »

Besides, what sane person would want to spend their time digging through trans suicide data to argue with people just trying to justify bigoted views on the internet?
Yeah, you really think pointing out that our high suicide rate is often literally their fault will get them to change their views? Most people who bring up suicide data are indifferent toward the fact at best and outright encouraging it at worst (i.e. transphobe making remarks about a trans person who's bothering them "joining the 41%" [of trans people surveyed in 2011 who had attempted suicide] as a way of telling them to kill themselves).

to, ultimately, justify your unchallenged feeling that "a woman who was born with a penis is kinda weird and gross."
To be fair, I'm probably the only woman who was born with a penis that a lot of people here have interacted with, and I am kinda weird and gross (though more because I'm me than because I have an unwanted flesh tube in my pants), so it makes sense that they'd extrapolate my shortcomings onto all trans women.

Not very "compassionate" conservatives when you're like "LOL I IDENTIFY AS A BEE."
I have nothing of value to add to this, but this is what I thought of:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies