The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult  (Read 21333 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 29, 2020, 06:20:38 AM »

Credit where credit is due

*snip*

I'm fine with commutation of this sentence.  Stone deserves a new trial due to bias issues with the jury foreperson, but one isn't forthcoming due to the bias of an activist Obama appointee. *snip*

With all due respect, the quoted part of your post is "1+1= Eleventy-Twix" level absurd.  I mean, it simply has no objective basis in reality.  I'm sorry, but there is no way that any reasonable person could honestly believe the quoted part of your post unless they had been so blinded by partisanship that they were no longer capable of reacting to current events with any semblance of objectivity.  

The rule of law matters more than partisan loyalty, no matter who is in charge.  I know there was a time when you still knew this on some level because you opposed Kavanaugh's confirmation and I don't know what happened, but I really hope you put down the kool-aid because it has been really sad to watch.

You ask what's happened to me.

There are three (3) types of Atlas Left.  One is the deranged sort; runeghost, is the classic example, but there are others in his league.  (AtorBoltox comes to mind.)  They are unreachable, and they are the sort of people that give me the creeps in real life.  (Chancellor Gowron falls into this group; his hatred of Trump goes way beyond politics.)

The second (and larger type) are the Broken Record Technique Left.  Badger.  Harry.  Joe Republic.  Frodo (who has lied about me on this forum and refuses to acknowledge it).  Dr. Scholl.  The whole lot of Hyena Packers.  They repeat lies over and over again to where they become axioms.  You know this; you've SEEN this.  Between this group, and the group above, I don't expect anything more.

Then we come to the group that has actually disappointed me. It's the group of reasonable liberals who don't reflexively hate America who are needed to be the last bastion of common sense in America today that aren't showing up for that role because they can't get past their personal hatred for Trump.

As a member of the latter group, let me unequivocally affirm that nothing is more dear to me than the preservation of democracy and the rule of law. And Trump is, without question, the greatest threat to said principles in my lifetime. So your point is nonsensical — my personal distaste for Trump is a direct consequence of his appalling, authoritarian, treasonous behavior.

You're free to question my ideological bonafides, but let me assure you, I've never voted for Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. What you're failing to come to terms with is the degree to which Trump's disgraceful conduct has radicalized center-left Democrats, myself included. There seems to be this pipe dream on the right that everyone will forget about the Trump administration, and the GOP will successfully shirk responsibility. I'm afraid not.

A simple truth is that R. P. McMin is NOT a member of the latter group.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 03:28:22 PM »

2012: Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive.

2021: Steve Bannon is indicted and Britney is free.

Kyle Rittenhouse is acquitted and Ferguson97 is whining.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »

2012: Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive.

2021: Steve Bannon is indicted and Britney is free.

Kyle Rittenhouse is acquitted and Ferguson97 is whining.

How do you take that post as having anything to do with Kyle Rittenhouse? Even the thread it came from was about Steve Bannon being indicted. Huh

Every now and then I utilize my sarcasm.  I'm a tad out of practice.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 03:21:29 PM »

How the hell is this thread now about incels and Antifa?
I’ll tell you why. Because people in this thread are attacking innocent elderly people who did nothing wrong. Just because they live in a retirement community that’s largest enough to be considered a city.

These people did nothing wrong. They worked, saved, and retired. These incels just don’t like them because they are white and part of the boomer generation.

Just because you majored in art and borrowed 50k with no hope of ever saving doesn’t mean you have to hate/resent people who were smarter/more fortune than you are.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 12:02:50 PM »

Regarding the abortion question:

I think it should be used for stupid control. I think there needs to be a license to procreate and that certain people should not be allowed to have children.

Well yes, we should probably find a way to contain the spread and proliferation of antisocial attitudes such as yours.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 06:34:45 PM »

Puberty blockers for minors is immoral.

This seems like a troll bait comment, but to respond to it seriously, a lot of people disagree with you and aren't going to stop pushing for it just because you disagree with them.

It is not a troll comment, and you are seeing growing backlash toward it. Why can’t you leave kids bodies alone? Why do you want children to make life altering decisions and get irreversible surgeries? Stop putting kids under the knife

Puberty blockers aren't surgeries. Also, almost nobody is pushing for surgeries for kids. Seems like you have difficulties with reading comprehension and reality comprehension.

Puberty blockers themselves do harm. A young kid isn’t old enough to even comprehend what they do, or the long term effects. Again, stop treating kids’ bodies like your own personal science project
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 06:05:01 AM »

Give a man an endorsement, and he'll lose a Supreme Court election once. Teach a man to refuse an endorsement, and he'll lose a Supreme Court election for a lifetime.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he'll have a lifelong excuse for drinking.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:30:25 PM »

Two of his three wives are immigrants.  So was his mother.

Legal, non-criminal immigrants.  An important distinction.  And a glaring omission from your post.

That was not her question.

Fair enough, but Trump has never been an opponent of legal immigration.

Let's face it. The distinction between the two are in perceivable not only to himself but to his supporters. People who oppose illegal immigration oppose legal immigration for much the same reasons.

No they don't, but keep lying. Trump and the GOP at large do not oppose legal immigration.

We live in a day an age where liberals call undocumented illegal aliens "immigrates" and call you a racist or bigot if you support deporting undocumented illegals. Personally, as someone who's parents immigrated here legally from the middle east by obtaining a Visa, it's insulting to me that they refer to illegals as "immigrant"

It's the highlighted part that earned Cyrusman's place here!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies