Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:29:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Bannon indicted on 2 counts of contempt of Congress for failing to comply with subpoena from J  (Read 3500 times)
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »

The House is out of control in going after political opponents.

There must be consequences for ignoring Congressional subpoenas, otherwise the subpoena power is worthless.  This is true regardless of which party is issuing the subpoenas.

What about consequences for lying to Congress? Fauci should be indicted too.

You're better than lazy whataboutism, c'mon
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »

2012: Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive.

2021: Steve Bannon is indicted and Britney is free.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »

Nobody should be above the law, whether you agree or disagree with their politics, Bannon deserved this, and I support abolishing executive privilege and pardoning the whistleblowers because the public needs to know what is going on in government.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2021, 10:04:55 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2021, 10:10:56 PM by Obama-Biden Democrat »

About time. Lock this terrorist up.

You have to treat right wing MAGA domestic terrorism and Islamic extremist terrorism the same way. I am glad the DOJ is doing this.

If ISIS had tried to storm the Capitol building, Republicans would be up in arms demanding the death penalty.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 10:47:04 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »

No logically thinking and reasonable person could genuinely believe this is case of “going after political opponents.”

Obviously, it is. Otherwise, they could appoint a special counsel or something.

I guess, when Dems did, they thought, Trump would be a factor in 2022. But VA/NJ etc proved them wrong. Biden, Dems and the economy is the main factors. T-Mac's sore attempts to talk about TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP backfired spectacularly. Imagine, it's 2022, people have bread-and-butter issues, and this Jan 6 Witch Hunt is still going on. Oh, Dems will be massacred.

Congress has 0 need or historical basis to appoint special counsel every time they want to engage in a  Hearing or investigation that is It's not 100% by partisan, which is effectively everything right now. These are sapinas, not RSVP invitations. Either go to court and show good cause  Under the law to get the sapina squashed, or show up and testify.

You are a hack of the worst sort on a good day. don't add whining to the list as well.. Suck it up Bannon boy!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2021, 10:56:48 PM »

Those who attempted to nullify the 2020 election betrayed certain decencies that underpin formal democracy. Most obviously, elections are how we choose Representatives, Senators, and the President.

Steve Bannon was never going to run for elective office.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2021, 11:18:33 PM »

Are you able to admit that Trump lost yet? It's been over a year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2021, 01:29:57 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2021, 01:36:34 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Trump isn't getting near the WH over this Bannon, he is dreaming, he only beat Hillary narrowly on third party candidate Gary Johnson, but he thinks he wins landslides

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-bolton-predicted-trump-wont-121123675.html

Bolton said if Trump tries to run he would lose BADLY

Christie, Karl Rove, Synder, Bill Kristol, Late Charles Krauthamer, Colin Powell and Kasich all came out against Trump
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2021, 02:27:32 AM »

Nobody should be above the law, whether you agree or disagree with their politics, Bannon deserved this, and I support abolishing executive privilege and pardoning the whistleblowers because the public needs to know what is going on in government.

The aggregation of power in the hands of the executive branch is magnet for people to lust after and steal. The history of the world has shown that absolutely power corrupts absolutely and we will pay a heavy price for the empowerment of the government over the people, the central authority over the states and the Presidency over the other branches.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2021, 02:30:49 AM »

Steve Bannon is dangerous either in or out of custody, just like Vladimir Montesinos.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2021, 06:06:02 AM »

It's easy to deflect and to change the topic. I will respond though. It's also an easy "attack" to misrepresent my comments consistently.

As I already said on here multiple times I don't know if the election was fair or not but I am leaning toward that there was at least some unfairness in the election proceedings toward Pres. Biden. I am assuming that Pres. Biden would have won anyway w/o tipping the scales, due to COVID, protests, etc.

I have also recognized Biden as my President (and Trump as a Former President) since Jan. 20. I disagree with those that say "Let's go, Brandon" or F#ck Biden because I believe the current occupant of the Office of President deserves respect regardless of party or ideology.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2021, 06:13:24 AM »

It's easy to deflect and to change the topic. I will respond though. It's also an easy "attack" to misrepresent my comments consistently.

As I already said on here multiple times I don't know if the election was fair or not but I am leaning toward that there was at least some unfairness in the election proceedings toward Pres. Biden. I am assuming that Pres. Biden would have won anyway w/o tipping the scales, due to COVID, protests, etc.

I have also recognized Biden as my President (and Trump as a Former President) since Jan. 20. I disagree with those that say "Let's go, Brandon" or F#ck Biden because I believe the current occupant of the Office of President deserves respect regardless of party or ideology.

Not enough.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2021, 09:25:03 AM »

A big LOL at all the right-wing jackwagons who spent years cheering Benghazi hearings and are now so upset at the House "going after political opponents".
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2021, 09:42:56 AM »

About time. Lock this terrorist up.

You have to treat right wing MAGA domestic terrorism and Islamic extremist terrorism the same way. I am glad the DOJ is doing this.

If ISIS had tried to storm the Capitol building, Republicans would be up in arms demanding the death penalty.
If ISIS had stormed Capitol Hill not a single one of those terrorists would have been alive today and the GOP would have been leading the bloodbath.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2021, 09:46:46 AM »

It's the right call, clearly.  Now there will a long period of negotiations and legal wrangling, so it's far from over.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2021, 12:28:02 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »

I couldn't find anything on the Fox website about it all day. Usually these types of stories are buried but still exist on there.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2021, 12:35:19 PM »

There must be consequences for ignoring Congressional subpoenas, otherwise the subpoena power is worthless.  This is true regardless of which party is issuing the subpoenas.

What about consequences for lying to Congress? Fauci should be indicted too.

Oh baby, indicting Fauci and Steve Bannon? That would be a dream come true for me!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2021, 12:42:20 PM »

It's the right call, clearly.  Now there will a long period of negotiations and legal wrangling, so it's far from over.

The obvious goal for Bannon/the GOP will be to drag the process out until they win control of the House, at which point subpoenaing Trump's political enemies will become a matter of utmost urgency, and how dare anyone not respond to a subpoena
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »

Bannon will reportedly turn himself into authorities on Monday.

Bannon did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He is expected to self-surrender on Monday and appear in court Monday afternoon, according a source familiar with the matter. The case has been referred to District Judge Carl Nichols, who was appointed by Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics/steve-bannon-indicted/index.html
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »

Bannon will reportedly turn himself into authorities on Monday.

Bannon did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He is expected to self-surrender on Monday and appear in court Monday afternoon, according a source familiar with the matter. The case has been referred to District Judge Carl Nichols, who was appointed by Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/politics/steve-bannon-indicted/index.html
He knows he’s not going to be there long and will still have the ability to organize with the help of ideologically-friendly Prison officials.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2021, 03:02:22 PM by South Dakota Democrat »

Not that it matters, but the democrats lost me today. Guess I’m voting R or blank in 2022 and 2024.

Well, that's a very stupid reason to not vote Democratic.  People should just be able to ignore subpoenas, eh?

I suspect you were never going to vote Democratic anyway.  As such, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for misrepresenting yourself as a swing voter.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2021, 03:26:08 PM »

I don't think it helps Bannon if he drags it out until the midterms. Congress can ask for the case to be dropped, but Garland doesn't have to comply. He'd have to drag it out until the next administration and hope it's Trump, so the Justice Department drops the case or he gets a pardon or something.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2021, 05:13:34 PM »

Not that it matters, but the democrats lost me today. Guess I’m voting R or blank in 2022 and 2024.

Well, that's a very stupid reason to not vote Democratic.  People should just be able to ignore subpoenas, eh?

I suspect you were never going to vote Democratic anyway.  As such, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for misrepresenting yourself as a swing voter.
I don’t know what gave you the idea I’m pro law and order. I’m anti-institution.

Anyhow I could still vote for Biden if he makes clear that this was the DOJ going rogue.

Regardless, I voted for Kerry and Obama. So I don’t need to “prove” I’m a swing voter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies