The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:38:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult  (Read 21360 times)
Mechavada
The News

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2023, 08:04:31 AM »

You can question anything you like, just don't pitch a fit when the answer isn't what you were hoping for.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2023, 01:36:56 PM »

CAMBODIAN: Is that who I think it is? FINALLY! I've been waiting for you for forty-five years you f---ing monster, enjoy the lowest circle of Hell!
HENRY KISSINGER: But consider zis: if I hadn't stopped ze guy über zere, you'd have been waiting here for fifty years.
RICHARD NIXON [coming closer]: Hey, long time no see Henry! But what are you doing?
HENRY KISSINGER: I am echsplaining to zis Cambodian why he should be grateful to me.
RICHARD NIXON: A Cambodian? Damn Henry, all these years and you're still so goddamned concerned about the civilians.

Not a one-liner but I loved the implicit references to Futurama Nixon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #302 on: December 19, 2023, 12:53:39 PM »

I mean, it might just be an image problem that the animating principles of progressive left activist groups went from "Medicare for all" to "uncritical support for Hamas", just spitballing.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #303 on: December 24, 2023, 07:44:18 AM »

Harvard should be eminent domained and turned into UMass at Cambridge
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: January 01, 2024, 12:31:26 AM »

To highlight the barbaric scale of destruction in Gaza, nearly 70% of all homes there are either destroyed or damaged. Yes, 70%.

Let's be clear about what is happening.

Hamas chose to invade Israel for the distinct purpose of........the kidnap, murder, rape, beheading and burning of families including women and children.

Choose your action. Choose your consequences.
Do you just ever like...acknowledge the 50+ years of occupation, colonization, and economic repression of Palestine or do you just not care?

This is the most disgusting and open lie pushed by the pro-Palestine faction: that Palestine has no choice but to respond to "the occupation" with terror and radical Islam. In reality, the occupation exists because Palestine keeps choosing terror. In reality, peoples all over the world have dealt with land losses and population transfers, and have not responded by electing terrorists, teaching their children to be martyrs, and starting suicidal wars over and over again. Palestinian culture is deeply sick, and is egged on by the rest of the world and the UN, who affirm the lie that "they have no choice".

ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2024, 03:20:12 PM »

Re: CNN reporter reports on Insulin capped at $35; fails to mention it's due to Biden

Years and years of Republican shrieking about how "biased" the media is (despite Republicans having the #1 cable news channel, 2 of the 4 largest newspapers, and virtually all of political radio) have made journalists petrified to say anything remotely favorable toward Democrats out of fear of being labeled biased themselves.

It's like a multi-decade psy op that actually worked.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #306 on: January 07, 2024, 11:38:31 PM »

If I took a shot everytime disagreement emerged between pppolitics and a Zionist in this thread, I'd already have been a member of Alcohols Anonymous.

This has nothing to do with Zionism and everything to do with pppress being a fanatical anti-Semite

Anti-semitism lost its meaning because Zionists started calling any criticism of Israel "anti-semitism".

"Zionist" lost meaning when it just started replacing Jew in anti-semitic tropes.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2024, 02:30:49 PM »

Abbott is just one of those mainstream conservatives who thinks that life starts at conception and ends at birth.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2024, 03:38:56 PM »

A loser from the 2020 primary endorses another loser running in 2024. And tells another loser to drop out. Yawn
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2024, 09:06:15 PM »

There's a correlation between Haley's performance and how blue a town is, but what's an even slightly stronger correlation is a community's income and how Haley is doing. There are wealthier swing towns or lean-Republican towns that she's doing better in than some light blue mill towns. Trump truly is the candidate of the uneducated. Populism is cancer.

Elitist attitudes such as this are part of why he does so well with the uneducated...

Yeah I get really tired of liberals who fetishize Ivy League schools and worship people because they got college degrees. It totally ignores a lot of socio-economic barriers that prevent working class people from obtaining such education and puts blame on the individual for being a dumb dumb. Very elitist and ironically conservative position.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2024, 11:46:51 PM »

Re: Opinion of the dropouts: Ron DeSantis

Props for originality! Porcini Ron has a greener and more plant-forward vibe than Meatball Ron
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2024, 09:33:53 AM »

She was so good at losing. Why end the streak now?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2024, 06:50:09 PM »

Good thing we had people like you around in 1968. Everyone was furious with Johnson's handling of Vietnam, so they took a principled stand and refused to vote for Humphrey. This resulted in antiwar pacifist Richard Nixon winning the presidency, and everything was fixed. Something similar will happen this coming November.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »

Not all stupid people are nazis, but all nazis are stupid people.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2024, 10:02:50 AM »

I would disagree with this on the grounds that some Nazis are highly intelligent (and therefore more dangerous).  Substitute "evil" for "stupid" and I'd agree.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2024, 05:01:10 PM »

It's from a comment on another website, but still a good point, re: Atlas posters who say they have "the science" on their side when it comes to gender and sex:

Ah, the "brain sex" nonsense again...

The study with the postmortem brain slides is bunk for one major reason:  you can't infer causality.  Our brains are plastic, they morph and change as we age and grow.  Cut out your eyes and the region of your brain responsible for processing images will atrophy and die.  Stop living as a man/woman, and the part of your brain that governs those functions will decay, too.  There's no indication that their brains were any different before they transitioned, that they "were born that way."  

From a comment on the video

It's so interesting how people will immediately write off one of the most prominent neurobiologist's in the world because they disagree with him, while at the same time, pretending they only believe what the science says.

Here's the youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QScpDGqwsQ
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2024, 05:03:00 PM »

This is in my sig, but also belongs here

I don't like TYT at all but these news trends are genuinely terrifying. It really seems like the only way to make news profitable at this point is to either just make sh*t up or focus on the most inane bullsh*t imaginable. Turns out that when you orient your entire society around ~maximizing profit~ it turns out truth just isn't profitable. Smiley Smiley Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2024, 05:06:51 PM »

This is in my sig, but also belongs here

I don't like TYT at all but these news trends are genuinely terrifying. It really seems like the only way to make news profitable at this point is to either just make sh*t up or focus on the most inane bullsh*t imaginable. Turns out that when you orient your entire society around ~maximizing profit~ it turns out truth just isn't profitable. Smiley Smiley Smiley
We live in a society either unwilling or unable to look with a long-term perspective.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #318 on: February 29, 2024, 09:30:52 AM »

Most people do not have interesting lives.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2024, 06:46:26 PM »

as I like to say (because it's true) no human in history has ever been harmed by seeing a lady boob.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2024, 12:43:04 AM »

I saw this homeless man trying to pee in a Burger King soda machine. The homeless rate is ridiculous
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2024, 08:30:25 PM »

Two of his three wives are immigrants.  So was his mother.

Legal, non-criminal immigrants.  An important distinction.  And a glaring omission from your post.

That was not her question.

Fair enough, but Trump has never been an opponent of legal immigration.

Let's face it. The distinction between the two are in perceivable not only to himself but to his supporters. People who oppose illegal immigration oppose legal immigration for much the same reasons.

No they don't, but keep lying. Trump and the GOP at large do not oppose legal immigration.

We live in a day an age where liberals call undocumented illegal aliens "immigrates" and call you a racist or bigot if you support deporting undocumented illegals. Personally, as someone who's parents immigrated here legally from the middle east by obtaining a Visa, it's insulting to me that they refer to illegals as "immigrant"

It's the highlighted part that earned Cyrusman's place here!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2024, 02:19:14 PM »

If Ukrainians were really Nazis MTG would be sponsoring a bill to give Ukraine a trillion dollars.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2024, 12:32:01 AM »

Who cares about Trump endorsement by British PM
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2024, 06:25:09 PM »

Calm down. There are worse things in the world than defending a democracy from a murderous dictator.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies