This was an amazing night for Republicans. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  This was an amazing night for Republicans. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This was an amazing night for Republicans.  (Read 5305 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 15, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »

Are you really cheering over Louisiana, Mississippi, and ing Kentucky?

Yes. All 3 were thought to be toss-up or safe Democratic not long ago. I really think we will take all 3 now. I see it as 3 races we have that Democrats don't.

...in what world were any of these considered "Safe Democratic" not long ago?

At any rate, drawing huge conclusions here is pretty dumb at this point. JBE's underperformance in the primary (compared to the 2015 runoff) was no greater than the GOP's underperformance in the primary compared to the 2016 presidential (16 points). We all know where the trends are pointing, but come on. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

Are you really cheering over Louisiana, Mississippi, and ing Kentucky?

Yes. All 3 were thought to be toss-up or safe Democratic not long ago. I really think we will take all 3 now. I see it as 3 races we have that Democrats don't.

...in what world were any of these considered "Safe Democratic" not long ago?

At any rate, drawing huge conclusions here is pretty dumb at this point. JBE's underperformance in the primary (compared to the 2015 runoff) was no greater than the GOP's underperformance in the primary compared to the 2016 presidential (16 points). We all know where the trends are pointing, but come on.  

There were a lot of people calling LA likely/Safe D

By "a lot of people" I assume you mean "Atlas posters and others randos on the internet"? Nobody with a lick of sense (and credentials) would be caught dead saying that about MS/KY given historical patterns, and the most that was likely ever claimed as far as actual ratings for LA would be Lean D.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies