This was an amazing night for Republicans.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:37:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  This was an amazing night for Republicans.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: This was an amazing night for Republicans.  (Read 5294 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2019, 08:53:31 PM »

the only reason I haven't hit the button for TrendsAreReal is so I can still report his posts

So basically you’re just giving the mods a bunch of BS busy work to sift through. Nice.
He's complained about posts being deleted, so no.

I complained about literally one post being deleted out of two and that one was when it got deleted for “trolling” when I wasn’t even trolling. I wish Steve Cooley had won that race in 2010 so we wouldn’t have to deal with the nauseating Kamala Harris fandom. If you see that as your greatest accomplishment in your (checks notes) 13 years on here... congrats?
Nah my greatest achievement was being interviewed and quoted by the Wall Street Journal.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:01 PM »

I guess some people have to turn kibbles and bits into meatloaf to satisfy their hunger.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »

the only reason I haven't hit the button for TrendsAreReal is so I can still report his posts

So basically you’re just giving the mods a bunch of BS busy work to sift through. Nice.

I complained about literally one post being deleted out of two and that one was when it got deleted for “trolling” when I wasn’t even trolling. I wish Steve Cooley had won that race in 2010 so we wouldn’t have to deal with the nauseating Kamala Harris fandom. If you see that as your greatest accomplishment in your (checks notes) 13 years on here... congrats?
Nah my greatest achievement was being interviewed and quoted by the Wall Street Journal.

Was it in the Mental Health section?
538Electoral

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »

Are you really cheering over Louisiana, Mississippi, and ing Kentucky?

Yes. All 3 were thought to be toss-up or safe Democratic not long ago. I really think we will take all 3 now. I see it as 3 races we have that Democrats don't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2019, 11:59:03 PM »

Was it in the Mental Health section?
No.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »

Yes. All 3 were thought to be toss-up or safe Democratic not long ago. I really think we will take all 3 now. I see it as 3 races we have that Democrats don't.

...in what world were any of these considered "Safe Democratic" not long ago?

At any rate, drawing huge conclusions here is pretty dumb at this point. JBE's underperformance in the primary (compared to the 2015 runoff) was no greater than the GOP's underperformance in the primary compared to the 2016 presidential (16 points). We all know where the trends are pointing, but come on. 
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »

At any rate, drawing huge conclusions here is pretty dumb at this point. JBE's underperformance in the primary (compared to the 2015 runoff) was no greater than the GOP's underperformance in the primary compared to the 2016 presidential (16 points). We all know where the trends are pointing, but come on. 

There were a lot of people calling LA likely/Safe D
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

There were a lot of people calling LA likely/Safe D

By "a lot of people" I assume you mean "Atlas posters and others randos on the internet"? Nobody with a lick of sense (and credentials) would be caught dead saying that about MS/KY given historical patterns, and the most that was likely ever claimed as far as actual ratings for LA would be Lean D.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »

Rispone was a terrible candidate and will always be; as a result, Kennedy was the only alternative to beating JBE. Every Gov of LA have been reelected; pragmatic Foster, Bobby Jindall. Only Blanco was defeated.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2022, 12:47:48 AM »

This sure aged well.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2022, 09:09:00 AM »

What are you talking about? Tate Reeves won and Republican swept every race in Mississippi and flipped KY-AG and KY-SOS! It was an amazing election cycle for Republicans!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »

What are you talking about? Tate Reeves won and Republican swept every race in Mississippi and flipped KY-AG and KY-SOS! It was an amazing election cycle for Republicans!
The OP focused on LA-GOV.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2022, 02:42:22 PM »

This is pretty old, but it's a good reminder that Southern runoffs mildly favor Dems nowadays.  Note that in addition to LA and GA (runoffs for everything), MS now has runoffs for all statewide offices except the federal Senate seats.   
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2022, 03:20:17 PM »

The conversation eventually shifted to other races.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2022, 06:59:02 PM »

These threads are going to be quite funny when Edwards ends up winning the run off like 52 to 48 while winning 55 to 57% in Jefferson Parish and 54% in St Charles Parish

Pretty close, well done jimmie!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2022, 07:03:33 PM »

These threads are going to be quite funny when Edwards ends up winning the run off like 52 to 48 while winning 55 to 57% in Jefferson Parish and 54% in St Charles Parish

Pretty close, well done jimmie!

If I study anything granularly, I can get quite a precise prediction. See Virginia, even if I underestimated the Dems in Fairfax a bit. I predicted Loudoun 55 to 44 and PWC 57 to 42.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies