2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:19:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 86
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread v2  (Read 167249 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2019, 09:15:03 AM »

The NRCC is on twitter right now writing press releases against Wexton in VA-10.

How are we this stupid? How?
I feel with her district it's simply that a lot of big donor party insider types live there. The party kept spending tons of cash in VA-10 last year despite it being an obvious triage.

This is very true. I would also add that Comstock's connections to party officials likely played a role in the high amount of money spent here. Comstock has worked in various capacities in Republican party politics, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of her colleagues in high places were able to sway the NRCC to spend money on her race. An incumbent who didn't have a long history as a party insider likely would have been left for dead.

The fact she was a woman was certainly also a reason why they tried to save her. Men were not given the benefit of the doubt and they didn't hesitate to triage Rothfus or Blum
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »

For impeachment : 45%
Against : 50%
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2019, 12:47:30 PM »

Plus Kind won by 20% in 2018 so its not like he's in any danger. If Trump is that much underwater, an impeachment vote won't hurt Kind too much.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2019, 01:16:47 PM »

Thats just the 2016 numbers. Decent news for dems, actually.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »

Might be why so many vulnerable dems are onboard with the impeachment. Internal polls must look pretty decent.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2019, 02:08:46 PM »

Might be why so many vulnerable dems are onboard with the impeachment. Internal polls must look pretty decent.

I mean, Brad Parscale was tweeting one from OK-05 that even had it like 45/50 so MTE
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2019, 02:34:57 PM »

Another day of Republicans releasing polls that look bad for them. Today the Trump camp released a poll that only showed them up by 3 points in 30 seats that Trump won in 2016.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2019, 02:40:22 PM by Zaybay »

Considering Trump won this seat by 5 to get his razor-thin margin in WI, him being at 42-55 seems like a bad thing and the most important part of this poll, not the impeachment numbers.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2019, 03:04:34 PM by Pollster »

Another day of Republicans releasing polls that look bad for them. Today the Trump camp released a poll that only showed them up by 3 points in 30 seats that Trump won in 2016.

Only 38% say less likely to reelect because of impeachment in a series of districts where...38% of voters are already voting definitely Republican?

Impeachment is not the issue Republicans think it is. If I were the pollster, I'd be advising them to unify around a popular healthcare message, pronto.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »

But ElectionsGuy and Atlas told me Kind was vulnerable/this was a sleeper for the GOP/trends/rural WI will swing GOP!

The thing is that MuLaw has Trump approval rate at 47/50 so if he is doing so badly in this district it means that he is probably doing far better in WOW counties than in 2016. It would be funny to see WOW counties swinging hard toward him while sparsely populated counties in West WI swing against him
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »

Never read too much into polls of single congressional districts, especially with small sample sizes and if they’re only *reported* on Twitter.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #286 on: December 17, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »

Never read too much into polls of single congressional districts, especially with small sample sizes and if they’re only *reported* on Twitter.

This is MUlaw but did they even weight the 3rd district or is it just a regular sub sample?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #287 on: December 17, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »

But ElectionsGuy and Atlas told me Kind was vulnerable/this was a sleeper for the GOP/trends/rural WI will swing GOP!

The thing is that MuLaw has Trump approval rate at 47/50 so if he is doing so badly in this district it means that he is probably doing far better in WOW counties than in 2016. It would be funny to see WOW counties swinging hard toward him while sparsely populated counties in West WI swing against him

Or more likely, the northern chunk of the state found mostly in CDs 6, 7, and 8. The 2018 gov race and the 2019 court race showed that the GOP could lose ground in WOW compared to pre-2016, and lose ground in the Western towns but still win. They just couldn't lose too much ground, and the Fox valley/upstate/Twin cities exurbs need to keep their GOP majorities, and ideally build upon them.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: December 17, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »

lol. If this was a poll showing Trump unpopular in GA or something you'd cream your pants over it.

Believe it or not, but I wouldn’t. There’s so much evidence out there which points to Trump being in a world of trouble in GA that there’d be no need to cling to random tweets.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »

Brad Parscale strikes again. So Trump won all of those districts and the "Generic Dem" is only down by 3? Without the incumbents even being named? That's not a good poll for Rs.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

YouGov has Dems +8 in GCB

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ua3ar45wbg/econTabReport.pdf
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »

Brad Parscale strikes again. So Trump won all of those districts and the "Generic Dem" is only down by 3? Without the incumbents even being named? That's not a good poll for Rs.

While these numbers certainly aren’t the best for Trump, I feel like polls that lump all the Trump-Democratic districts together are not very instructive. There’s a world of difference between somewhere like GA-06 and MN-07 in terms of support for impeachment, so to mush these districts together really misses the bigger picture.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »

lol. If this was a poll showing Trump unpopular in GA or something you'd cream your pants over it.

Believe it or not, but I wouldn’t. There’s so much evidence out there which points to Trump being in a world of trouble in GA that there’d be no need to cling to random tweets.
Trump is still more likely to win GA than Wisconsin, I know trends are real but still, when you look at 2018 results it's clear where Trump is the more popular. (unpopular opinion on Atlas)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2019, 12:13:52 PM »

Trump is still more likely to win GA than Wisconsin, I know trends are real but still, when you look at 2018 results it's clear where Trump is the more popular. (unpopular opinion on Atlas)

Georgia swung towards Abrams more than Wisconsin did in favor of Evers. That alone makes me hesitant to say that Georgia is less likely to flip than Wisconsin at the moment.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »

Georgia swung towards Abrams more than Wisconsin did in favor of Evers. That alone makes me hesitant to say that Georgia is less likely to flip than Wisconsin at the moment.

No doubt that trends are far worse for republicans in GA than in WI (where they are quite good), but the thing is that Walker lost while Kemp won, as of now GA is still less competitive than WI
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2019, 03:32:06 PM »

I do think WI is more likely to flip than GA, but that doesn't mean GA is anywhere near safe for Trump.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2019, 05:16:52 PM »

The Generic Ballot is basically unchanged since the midterms.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

But I was told this would destroy the Dems careers...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2019, 05:21:30 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2019, 05:26:21 PM by PA is Lean D »

The Generic Ballot is basically unchanged since the midterms.

Dems in disarray, impeachment backfire, Hunter Biden, Hillary Clinton, read the transcript, etc. etc.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #299 on: December 19, 2019, 02:49:33 AM »

RCP's 2020 GCB aggregate has it D +7.2 which is up 1.4 from last week and levels almost exactly with where the Dems were for 2018 (+7.3)

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2020_generic_congressional_vote-6722.html

Obviously, it's useless this far out but the narrative that impeachment is destroying the Democrats is hot garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies