Matt Taibbi is an A**clown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 08:05:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Taibbi is an A**clown
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Matt Taibbi is an A**clown  (Read 6133 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »

If you're in government office in a very high position, it's inappropriate to take money from people who will be pressuring you and your colleagues to change laws in their favor.

Ok well she wasn't in government, or I would agree.

OR, you already helped them get / keep the laws they wanted, and paying you thus much fkr a speech is essentially a legal form of after-the-fact bribery payment.

If there was collaboration to that effect I guess. I haven't seen any evidence of that though.

Bernie Sanders would not have taken the money.

Under what scenario? Where he sponsors laws that help the banks, and then they try to pay him back for it? Or where they offer him 6 figures to give speeches after he's done nothing for them? Either seems antithetical to your argument.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2019, 07:44:25 PM »

The Young Turks dislike Hillary Clintom for being a corrupt corpiratist establishment centrist

This is your near-daily reminder that there is not a single shred of evidence that Hillary Clinton has ever, even once in her forty-year career, engaged in corruption.

Zero.  Zip.  Nada.

You'd think, given that we have access to nearly every single e-mail she's ever sent or received, and that she's the most thoroughly investigated human being in the history of the planet, that something would have come up by now.

Instead, Republicans like Peter Schweizer, John Solomon, Sean Hannity, Glenn Greenwald, etc. have to keep inventing "scandals" out of thin air like Glenn Beck on his chalkboard.
I'm referring to legal corruption... Super-PACs, getting overpaid for Wall Street speeches, etc etc. Corruption of political mission to sell out for money to tje rixh and corporations, legal or not.

I don't think you know what "corruption" means, then.
cor·rupt
/kəˈrəpt/
adjective

having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.

What is the dishonest behavior?  Giving a speech?  Having a Super PAC?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »

The Young Turks dislike Hillary Clintom for being a corrupt corpiratist establishment centrist

This is your near-daily reminder that there is not a single shred of evidence that Hillary Clinton has ever, even once in her forty-year career, engaged in corruption.

Zero.  Zip.  Nada.

You'd think, given that we have access to nearly every single e-mail she's ever sent or received, and that she's the most thoroughly investigated human being in the history of the planet, that something would have come up by now.

Instead, Republicans like Peter Schweizer, John Solomon, Sean Hannity, Glenn Greenwald, etc. have to keep inventing "scandals" out of thin air like Glenn Beck on his chalkboard.
I'm referring to legal corruption... Super-PACs, getting overpaid for Wall Street speeches, etc etc. Corruption of political mission to sell out for money to tje rixh and corporations, legal or not.

I don't think you know what "corruption" means, then.
cor·rupt
/kəˈrəpt/
adjective

having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.

What is the dishonest behavior?  Giving a speech?  Having a Super PAC?
Taking huge campaign contributions (super PACs) and being beholden to your donors and their interests above your political and moral principles.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:53 PM »

This thread is about Taibbi’s awful take on the whistleblower not Hillary giving fundraising speeches
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »

Awful takes seem to be his general MO these days.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »

Russiagate broke him
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 05:50:41 AM »

Russiagate broke him

Or exposed him as another paid-off Putin hack.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »

Taibbi has posted a new defense of Trump/attack on his investigators. Maggie Wheeler critiques it as the morally and intellectually bankrupt piece of junk it is:
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2019, 07:32:22 PM by forgotten manatee »

I'm severely disappointed with Taibbi, and I'm frankly suspicious of his motives. The guy acted like there was no "there" there throughout the Russia investigation, and now publishes stuff like this. Given his affinity for Russia as a younger man, including a decent chunk of time spent there, I find his articles troubling - especially considering the enhanced Russian information warfare of recent years.

Conflating "an affinity for Russian culture" with "acting as a paid agent of the Kremlin" is exactly the sort of bizarre logical leap that encouraged people to be — correctly — skeptical of the phony Russia investigation. Please tell the rest of us how we can get our Kremlin checks.

There was no reason to be skeptical of the Russia scandal. Between the Trump Tower meeting, Roger Stone's antics, and Trump's own public announcements, its very clear something was going on -- not to mention all the other stuff uncovered from 2017-2019. You're a moron and a hackish dope, and so is Matt Taibbi.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2019, 11:36:03 PM »

Whatever real scandal might have lurked behind the Russia stuff was obscured by the political frenzy surrounding it.

That sad affair achieved nothing beyond bolstering Trump's credibility relative to his opponents, alienating potential allies, and providing the script for anyone defending Trump even now that Congress should have him dead to rights. Anyone still going around speculating about the meaning of a journalist's "affinity for Russia" deserves to be a laughing stock.

Alienating “potential” allies? Anyone not already against Trump and the Republican Party is not going to be an ally, period.

And there was no real scandal “lurking behind” the Russia stuff, it was out in the open, or enough of it to anyone who wasn’t being intellectually dishonest and/or buying into the Right’s Obama/Clinton Deep State conspiracy theories.

“The Russia investigation was a hoax/witch hunt” is as credible as the notion that Hillary Clinton had Seth Rich murdered. Unsurprisingly, these are parroted by the same people.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »

Welp he’s done it. Matt has dropped the facade and admitted he likes Trump
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 03:27:11 PM »

Welp he’s done it. Matt has dropped the facade and admitted he likes Trump

F Taibbi and the keyboard he wrote on.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »

Horseshoe theory in action.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 06:19:15 PM »

Seriously. He hates establishment democrats so much he is honestly arguing that Pelosi is somehow more dangerous then the kid concentration camp guy.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »

Seriously. He hates establishment democrats so much he is honestly arguing that Pelosi is somehow more dangerous then the kid concentration camp guy.
This is a really revealing comment regarding what Democrats think about the Kievan Ruse.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »

This is a really revealing comment regarding what Democrats think about the Kievan Ruse.
Not as revealing as you calling it a “Ruse” when Trump releases a transcript confirming what the whistleblower said
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »

Not as revealing as you calling it a “Ruse” when Trump releases a transcript confirming what the whistleblower said
...You realize that the primary arguments of the Left have become the "whistleblower complaint" and the "lack of cooperation from the White House" precisely because the phone call didn't confirm that the allegations were correct, right?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »

...You realize that the primary arguments of the Left have become the "whistleblower complaint" and the "lack of cooperation from the White House" precisely because the phone call didn't confirm that the allegations were correct, right?
Yes it totally did cultist. Or are you arguing that it’s pure coincidence that Trump says “I need you to do me a favor” right after the Ukraine president begged for missiles
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 02:27:02 PM »

Yes it totally did cultist. Or are you arguing that it’s pure coincidence that Trump says “I need you to do me a favor” right after the Ukraine president begged for missiles
I guess you haven't read it then. Do you know what the "whistleblower" alleged?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:21 PM »

I guess you haven't read it then. Do you know what the "whistleblower" alleged?
Yep have it right here and you mind telling me were in Trump’s transcripts the following doesn’t happen:
1) Trump pressured Zelenskyy to initiate or continue an investigation into the activities of Joe Biden and his son Hunter
2) meet with Giuliani and Barr on this and other matters
3) Assists in uncovering if the Russian investigation started in Ukraine
https://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2019/09/24/whistleblower-complaint/assets/amp.html
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »

In absolute fairness to Nuke, "Kievan Ruse" is a fantastic phrase that people who support the impeachment inquiry are using as well. The question is who's perpetrating the ruse.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »

In absolute fairness to Nuke, "Kievan Ruse" is a fantastic phrase that people who support the impeachment inquiry are using as well. The question is who's perpetrating the ruse.
The problem is he means “ruse” as in the democrats are making this up or some sh*t
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 08:20:04 PM »

He’s back and worse then ever
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »

"The entire premise was bogus".. what an idiot. Epically wrong on so many levels. I feel sad that I used to enjoy this tool's articles.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2019, 08:33:07 PM »

It’s actually amazing the Mueller report in no way shape or form reflect Matt’s Russiagate theories yet he runs around claiming this validation on the topic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies