Warren's Senate successor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 08:02:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Warren's Senate successor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Warren's Senate successor  (Read 1678 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »

I assume the legislature will pass a law to make Baker pick a Dem. If he doesn't want to put his thumb on the scale by picking someone very ambitious, he could pick Michael Capuano.

But most likely, Healey or Moulton is the easy choice.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2020, 12:14:08 AM »

This is why Warren shouldn't retire while Baker is governor, and if Biden wins he certainly shouldn't pick her for a Cabinet seat. It's worth risking a Senate seat temporarily for a major role like President or VP but not for something like Cabinet.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »

I assume the legislature will pass a law to make Baker pick a Dem. If he doesn't want to put his thumb on the scale by picking someone very ambitious, he could pick Michael Capuano.

But most likely, Healey or Moulton is the easy choice.

As much as this state puked on itself in September, I’m (mildly) confident it will redeem itself if given the chance in regards to a warren successor.

It’s boring but Massachusetts 3 statewide offices seem pretty predictable at this point if the 3 individuals WANT those offices - I have a hard time seeing them not win them. Pressley then Kennedy for Senate and Healey for Governor.

Moulton has proven to be a hacks hack. I liked him a lot but I’m very lukewarm on him. He’s not as bad as Markey but still. He would be a horrific choice honestly

With that said, Warren will not be in the cabinet. Period.

Hopefully Baker doesn’t run in 2022 and hopefully Warren retires in 2024 and most importantly hope Markey finally gets the hell out in 2026.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies