Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:03:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting  (Read 1907 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 05, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »

Interesting.  The very extensive use of early voting this year is probably driven by the big LSU football game on election day, which will presumably drive down ED turnout.  My understanding is that college football viewership skews quite R vs. the general population, so I am not surprised they are so overrepresented in early voting this year.  I would be very careful about comparing to past EV turnout because of this dynamic.

310k voters voted early, you can’t just dismiss such numbers like that.
French R is correct here. Maybe it is just since I have no interest in sports, but I have serious doubts that a single sports game, however significant, would alter EV results to this degree. The fact of the matter is upballot patterns are catching up to JBE. He could still win, but he won't win in this round and if he wins in the runoff, it will only be by 2-4.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies