Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:09:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Twitter thread on Louisiana early voting  (Read 1900 times)
UncleSam

« on: October 05, 2019, 02:23:32 PM »

Obviously you never want to see the EV going so poorly but it’s not particularly predictive. It just means that the R base is more enthused to vote early, but that probably means fewer ED voters for Rs.
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 11:53:17 AM »

Obviously you never want to see the EV going so poorly but it’s not particularly predictive. It just means that the R base is more enthused to vote early, but that probably means fewer ED voters for Rs.

The thing is that the early voting electorate is not that different from the Election Day electorate.

Maybe my post wasn’t super clear

I’m saying that just because more Rs are voting early does not mean that Rs are necessarily gaining voters. They’re just gaining more early voters potentially or even probably at the expense of Election Day voters. It’s the same thing that happened with Democrats in Florida in 2016. The people who vote change how they vote less than they change when they vote.

Of course these numbers are still good news for Rs, don’t get me wrong. But I don’t think they’re as crushing as they might seem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies