2020 Democratic Primary Condorcet Ranked Ballot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Democratic Primary Condorcet Ranked Ballot
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Democratic Primary Condorcet Ranked Ballot  (Read 139 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2019, 04:49:50 PM »
« edited: September 26, 2019, 04:58:38 PM by Sorenroy »

Under a Condorcet style election, how would you rank the following candidates? Feel free to leave some out, have ties (!!!), or just put down your first choice.

Biden
Warren
Sanders
Buttigieg
Harris
Yang
O'Rourke
Booker
Klobuchar
Castro
Gabbard
Steyer
Bennet
Delaney
Ryan
Williamson
Bullock
Sestak
Messam

With 19 candidates still in the race, it is still incredibly unlikely that any one of them ends up with majority support. What might some type of ranked system do to the outcome?

About five months ago, I put out a post asking people to put down their votes in a approval method election. I have been wanting to test the election under some additional types of balloting methods for some time, but it has been difficult to explain them in a succinct manor. However, a recent FairVote/YouGov poll has made that issue a lot easier. With their interactive, you can take the poll they have done and use their numbers to see how the election would change by removing certain candidates. The Condorcet method, as simply as possible, takes your ranked ballot and essentially matches every candidate against each-other. To simulate this through the poll above, simply remove all but two candidates and mark down who won. Since Warren beat every candidate in a one-on-one race, she is the Condorcet winner!

I will be locking the thread right before the October debates so I can tally the numbers, but feel free to come back and edit your posts until then.

Link to the YouGov poll for those who can't interact with hyperlinked text:
https://www.fairvote.org/interact_with_the_data
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 04:52:36 PM »

For example, my current ballot would look something like this:

1) Warren

2) Sanders

3) O'Rourke

4) Buttigieg
4) Harris
4) Yang
4) Booker

5) Biden

I like Warren the most, Sanders the second most, and O'Rourke (I guess) the third. I don't really care about the rest so I have them tied, but I think that they're all better than Biden. The rest have no chance so I'm leaving them out (effectively tying them for 6th).

Technically, Biden is in 8th here, but as long as I can understand your rankings, I will use what you give me.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies