My 2020 Senate Map (September 2019)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:15:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  My 2020 Senate Map (September 2019)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My 2020 Senate Map (September 2019)  (Read 1096 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »

GA Special: Likely R
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:24:18 AM »

In a scenario where GA is Likely R, and probably most realistic scenarios, AL is Safe R. This is too optimistic for the Republicans imo, I think AZ and NC are tossups, and given GA's trend it is Lean R and ME is either Lean R or Tossup. TX is Likely R.
538Electoral

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:27:50 AM »

In a scenario where GA is Likely R, and probably most realistic scenarios, AL is Safe R. This is too optimistic for the Republicans imo, I think AZ and NC are tossups, and given GA's trend it is Lean R and ME is either Lean R or Tossup. TX is Likely R.

I don't do toss-ups for my senate maps. I think Tillis and McSally will both win. AL we don't know who the Republican nominee will be yet.I put it as Likely R for a baseline. GA I also put Likely R as a baseline. The only polls out of ME still show Collins ahead by a comfortable margin. Cornyn is pretty popular thus I put TX as Safe R.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 12:32:57 AM »

I don't do toss-ups for my senate maps. I think Tillis and McSally will both win. AL we don't know who the Republican nominee will be yet.I put it as Likely R for a baseline. GA I also put Likely R as a baseline. The only polls out of ME still show Collins ahead by a comfortable margin. Cornyn is pretty popular thus I put TX as Safe R.

Ah ok. Gideon has low name recognition in the polls and Collins' approval rating is much worse than it was before, perhaps even net negative. Cornyn also isn't hugely popular, he's a bit like Bill Nelson and he has a 43% approval rating.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 12:36:51 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2019, 12:43:39 AM by Storr »

How is Maine Safe R and Arizona not at least a Tossup? I'm not even mentioning North Carolina and Texas.
I'd have GA-not special (lol) at Likely R if I had the special at Likely R, but Safe R isn't that ridiculous even if I disagree with it, due to the state's inelasticity and Perdue's incumbency. There are some others I disagree with (I'd have New Hampshire and Michigan at Likely R, but it's not illogical to have them as Lean D so I don't have any problem with that) but this isn't bad by any means.
In my mind the Senate will come down to NC, Arizona, Colorado, Maine, and Texas (not in any order). I'm going out on a limb, but I feel Texas will vote to the left of the Georgia elections, especially considering the Dem will have to reach 50% + 1 to avoid a runoff. Doug Jones is DOA. I don't think New Hampshire will be particularly close. Michigan won't be a blowout, but D by a fair amount (by maybe 5-ish percent).

Edit: I just saw your comment about not having tossups. That makes your Arizona and North Carolina predictions fine in my mind.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 01:30:58 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2019, 01:36:57 AM by Cory Booker »

ME isnt safe R and AZ is a tossup. I think 538 thinks like all Republicans do think, that inpeachment will help Trump.  Thats why he is putting out these R maps
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 08:10:07 AM »

In terms of specifics, do you have CO on the same level as NH?  (As in it's just as likely Gardner will win there as the Republican candidate will win in NH?)

I'd say that NH is more lean D and CO is lean to likely D.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »

Mine:

GA special: Likely R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »

A poll has Cooper 43/30 approvals and Tillis at 27% approvals, Tillis will lose
538Electoral

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »

In terms of specifics, do you have CO on the same level as NH?  (As in it's just as likely Gardner will win there as the Republican candidate will win in NH?)

I have the Democrat winning in CO by 2-3% and NH by 3-4%. I think CO is more likely to stay on our side than NH flipping simply because Gardner is the incumbent.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 12:16:14 PM »

In terms of specifics, do you have CO on the same level as NH?  (As in it's just as likely Gardner will win there as the Republican candidate will win in NH?)

I have the Democrat winning in CO by 2-3% and NH by 3-4%.

You think Trump is going to make up 3-4% of the margin by which he lost CO in 2016?
538Electoral

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

I have the Democrat winning in CO by 2-3% and NH by 3-4%.

You think Trump is going to make up 3-4% of the margin by which he lost CO in 2016?

Gardner is an incumbent Republican, So I'm being slightly more generous to him than Republicans in NH. But I can definitely see the argument of NH voting right of CO even though CO has an incumbent Republican.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »

The path to a Democratic majority is Colorado, North Carolina, Arizona and either Maine or the Georgia special.
538Electoral

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »

The path to a Democratic majority is Colorado, North Carolina, Arizona and either Maine or the Georgia special.

I think AL will go Republican so their best bet may to win both ME and GA-special.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 06:10:47 AM »

I think AL will go Republican so their best bet may to win both ME and GA-special.

If Dems win the presidency (which they probably would in a scenario where they're winning the Senate) they need a net gain of 3 seats so losing AL while gaining CO, AZ, NC and let's say ME would be enough.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 04:59:58 PM »

Me as of now. I teeter on MI every week, and MT, KS, and AL, are heavily subject to change due to primaries and who may enter, and these are just based on who I think will win the primary, but could easily change. This map will obvs change.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 05:06:33 PM »

The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »

It looks almost like a possible presidential election map. Is that what you're aiming for?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »

Except ME isnt solid R
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »

A lot of you guys are way too bearish on Democrats' chances.  This map is as likely as (maybe more likely than) any other...

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »

538 and the GOP are only putting these bearish maps, they impeachment will help their chances
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies