2020 Poll Hype Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:25:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Poll Hype Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99
Author Topic: 2020 Poll Hype Thread  (Read 192914 times)
SaneDemocrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: October 11, 2020, 08:32:53 PM »

NYT/Siena has announced more polls for this week:

- Michigan and Wisconsin tomorrow at 1 PM ET
- Alaska, North Carolina, and South Carolina later in the week

Previous NYT/Siena poll of MI (from June) had Biden 47%, Trump 36%. Their most recent WI poll (mid-September) had Biden 48%, Trump 43%. Hoping for far fewer undecideds in both.

For some reason, all the NYT polls this cycle have had an annoyingly high number of undecides, and that will likely be the case in these new polls too

Exactly lol .
Watch New York Times have it 44-40 Trump in South Carolina
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1601 on: October 11, 2020, 08:34:45 PM »

NYT/Siena
Michigan: Biden+12
Wisconsin: Biden+8
Alaska: Trump+3
South Carolina: Trump+3
North Carolina: Biden+6

Emerson
Florida: Biden+2
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1602 on: October 11, 2020, 08:34:57 PM »

Previous NYT/Siena poll of MI (from June) had Biden 47%, Trump 36%. Their most recent WI poll (mid-September) had Biden 48%, Trump 43%. Hoping for far fewer undecideds in both.

For some reason, all the NYT polls this cycle have had an annoyingly high number of undecides, and that will likely be the case in these new polls too

Exactly lol .
Watch New York Times have it 44-40 Trump in South Carolina

Or Trump 42-38 in AK, with Sullivan up 41-36. If either their AK or SC poll have more than 10% undecided, I'm going to be mad unless someone is at 48% or higher because it's a waste of what could be a great poll.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1603 on: October 11, 2020, 08:35:33 PM »

Prepare yourselves
Emerson always has weird results but let's see
Buzz

« Reply #1604 on: October 11, 2020, 08:36:35 PM »

*Predictions*

NYT/Siena
Michigan: Biden+9
Wisconsin: Biden+8
Alaska: Trump+5
South Carolina: Trump+4
North Carolina: Biden+7

Emerson
Florida: Biden+2
forza nocta

« Reply #1605 on: October 11, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »

The NYT polls are useless with how many undecided they have
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1606 on: October 11, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »

Prepare yourselves
Inject in my veins.  Anyways, I think it will have Biden up 49-47.

Personally, although I am against drugs generally, I do not believe that folks who smoke a bowl, light a "J", or consume medicinal MJ  should be criminalized and sent to prison.

The sound of National Guard Helicopters patrolling the Cities and Rural areas of Oregon as party of "Operation Ghost-dancer" back in the late '80s / early '90s, the raid of "Head Shops", which targeted businesses who sold glass pipes, the raids on media companies who used their Freedom of Speech to have publications such as Sinsemilla Tips, having their front doors kicked in by the Bush Senior "Jackbooted Stormtrooper" crew, made many of us in the late '80s feel like we were living in a state under Martial Law (Especially with all the Mill jobs getting shut down at the height of the Reagan / Bush Recessions).

Wanna inject something in your veins, def gotta be Heroin or Crys...

Don't believe in "Jacking Up".... never done it myself and never will. Pretty clear that anybody out here on Atlas / TE who doesn't live in reality, is likely residing somewhere in the Country of Egypt along one the world's largest rivers...  "Da Nial" River....

Folks that still live in the State of Denial, might require some of the harder stuff, in order to ease the pain of what is an inevitable complete destruction of the PUB Party in NOV 2020 (Hell Ted Cruz even brought that up a few days back).

Here is a song to ease your pain Buzz.   Wink

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1607 on: October 11, 2020, 10:49:24 PM »

Glad we're getting some AK and SC polls. We really haven't gotten many polls from that Likely R category of SC, AK, MT, and KS. 
Panda Express

« Reply #1608 on: October 11, 2020, 11:55:02 PM »

boring

aww yeah, now that's the stuff
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1609 on: October 12, 2020, 12:48:50 AM »

24 hours in and I'm 💤 about these supposed disaster polls. Where are they?
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1610 on: October 12, 2020, 12:56:35 AM »

I think it's probably a dud. Promising a shock poll in the near future that will cause mass GOP panic is the sort of thing someone does for attention. I think its either not real or exaggerated (A +12/+14 nationwide poll, of the sort we've been seeing).

Then again, I could be completely wrong and we could be getting a Biden +21 poll from Fox News tomorrow.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1611 on: October 12, 2020, 01:28:30 AM »

The only possible shocking results from those polls would be Biden leading in Alaska and/or South Carolina, along with Gross and Harisson.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2020, 03:21:29 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2020, 11:19:48 AM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

Granted it was stated "24-48 hours", I'm getting the feeling it was all hype. And even then, unless it was something like a solid Biden lead in Texas or South Carolina, I feel another double-digit Florida poll will be met with as much skepticism as the Quinnipiac poll that even Democratic pundits were downplaying
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2020, 03:46:59 AM »

Granted it was stated "24-48 hours, I'm getting the feeling it was all hype. And even then, unless it was something like a solid Biden lead in Texas or South Carolina, I feel another double-digit Florida poll will be met with as much skepticism as the Quinnipiac poll that even Democratic pundits were downplaying

I'd believe the same if Wasserman didn't confirm what this guy said. And Wasserman is hardly a guy who hypes Democratic chances on anything.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2020, 05:54:12 AM »

Granted it was stated "24-48 hours, I'm getting the feeling it was all hype. And even then, unless it was something like a solid Biden lead in Texas or South Carolina, I feel another double-digit Florida poll will be met with as much skepticism as the Quinnipiac poll that even Democratic pundits were downplaying

I'd believe the same if Wasserman didn't confirm what this guy said. And Wasserman is hardly a guy who hypes Democratic chances on anything.

Maybe Wasserman is so entrenched in his own narrative bubble that a couple days ago, someone showed him a normal poll, completely in line with all the other polls we've seen, and he freaked out that it was some kind of game changer.
woodley park

« Reply #1615 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:06 AM »

Maybe Wasserman is so entrenched in his own narrative bubble that a couple days ago, someone showed him a normal poll, completely in line with all the other polls we've seen, and he freaked out that it was some kind of game changer.

Or he is over correcting on his concern trolling. I’ve noticed folks are calling him out for it on his Twitter feed.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1616 on: October 12, 2020, 06:46:46 AM »

I mean, let's way to see if anything comes out today. They did say "24-48 hours". Wasserman is a hack sometimes but I wouldn't think he would troll about something like this
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1617 on: October 12, 2020, 08:13:04 AM »

Prepare yourselves
Inject in my veins.  Anyways, I think it will have Biden up 49-47.

Personally, although I am against drugs generally, I do not believe that folks who smoke a bowl, light a "J", or consume medicinal MJ  should be criminalized and sent to prison.

The sound of National Guard Helicopters patrolling the Cities and Rural areas of Oregon as party of "Operation Ghost-dancer" back in the late '80s / early '90s, the raid of "Head Shops", which targeted businesses who sold glass pipes, the raids on media companies who used their Freedom of Speech to have publications such as Sinsemilla Tips, having their front doors kicked in by the Bush Senior "Jackbooted Stormtrooper" crew, made many of us in the late '80s feel like we were living in a state under Martial Law (Especially with all the Mill jobs getting shut down at the height of the Reagan / Bush Recessions).

Wanna inject something in your veins, def gotta be Heroin or Crys...

Don't believe in "Jacking Up".... never done it myself and never will. Pretty clear that anybody out here on Atlas / TE who doesn't live in reality, is likely residing somewhere in the Country of Egypt along one the world's largest rivers...  "Da Nial" River....

Folks that still live in the State of Denial, might require some of the harder stuff, in order to ease the pain of what is an inevitable complete destruction of the PUB Party in NOV 2020 (Hell Ted Cruz even brought that up a few days back).

Here is a song to ease your pain Buzz.   Wink

Oh please. All I heard directly following GWB’s presidency in 2008 and Obama’s big ‘08 victory, was that Bush destroyed the Republican Party forever, and how 2008 was a realigning election.

Ask how 2010, 2014, and 2016 went. Elections are just cycles.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1618 on: October 12, 2020, 08:19:04 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2020, 08:22:20 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Prepare yourselves
Inject in my veins.  Anyways, I think it will have Biden up 49-47.

Snip

Oh please. All I heard directly following GWB’s presidency in 2008 and Obama’s big ‘08 victory, was that Bush destroyed the Republican Party forever, and how 2008 was a realigning election.

Ask how 2010, 2014, and 2016 went. Elections are just cycles.

I imagine that the GOP felt invincible after 1984 (and 1988 to a lesser extent).  

After a fourth blowout loss in five cycles (if we're including 1988), the Democrats were pretty scrambled and unable to unite around any sort of movement that could even begin to rival Reaganism.  It was, of course, over ten years before I was born, but I assume that there were those in the GOP who believed that the Democrats wouldn't win the Presidency for many more cycles.  

And then, enter William J. Clinton....

(Paging OSR and his knowledge of 1980s-GOP politics).  

--

More to the subject of this thread, though, I rolled my eyes when Trump supporters were crowing about how 2016 was the death of the Democratic Party.  Ditto for those who believe that Trumpism will outright kill the GOP, regardless of this year's election results.  
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1619 on: October 12, 2020, 08:33:46 AM »

Lol. I told ya'll all this hype was misplaced. We'll likely get some good Biden polls later today, which are in line with what we've been seeing, but I doubt we're going to get a high quality poll that shows Biden up in SC, MT, or AK, or with a solid 5% lead in TX.

I could see maybe like a SC, KS, or MT senate poll with the D leading, but that wouldn't be a shock, it would just be a more useful data point since these senate races have had so few polls for their competitiveness.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1620 on: October 12, 2020, 08:39:55 AM »

Lol. I told ya'll all this hype was misplaced. We'll likely get some good Biden polls later today, which are in line with what we've been seeing, but I doubt we're going to get a high quality poll that shows Biden up in SC, MT, or AK, or with a solid 5% lead in TX.

I could see maybe like a SC, KS, or MT senate poll with the D leading, but that wouldn't be a shock, it would just be a more useful data point since these senate races have had so few polls for their competitiveness.

Its literally 9:30 on Monday morning. We still don't know what they were talking about, yet you seem assured that it's never coming
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1621 on: October 12, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »

Its literally 9:30 on Monday morning. We still don't know what they were talking about, yet you seem assured that it's never coming

I don't doubt new polls will be coming, but I don't think they're going to be all that different from what we've already seen.
Buzz

« Reply #1622 on: October 12, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »

Y’all are crazy or delusional.  That IBD poll WAS the devastating poll.  If Trump is losing in that poll by 9, he is screwed.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1623 on: October 12, 2020, 08:50:28 AM »

The Michigan poll should be the first after the exposure of the plot against the Governor.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1624 on: October 12, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »

The Michigan poll should be the first after the exposure of the plot against the Governor.

Mmm...let's say:

Michigan +8
Wisconsin....+5
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies