NY-Sen: Pirro Calls It Quits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:02:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-Sen: Pirro Calls It Quits
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NY-Sen: Pirro Calls It Quits  (Read 3633 times)
RJ
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2005, 01:58:41 AM »

Now you all know I'm hardly a fan of Hillary's husband, but when you have a husband who just got out of jail for tax evasion, fathered a child with another woman while married to you, and is suspected of passing confidential information from your prosecutor office on to the mob, it's probably best to stay off the topic of husbands.

Wow, I actually agree with you on something.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2005, 02:09:46 AM »

Now you all know I'm hardly a fan of Hillary's husband, but when you have a husband who just got out of jail for tax evasion, fathered a child with another woman while married to you, and is suspected of passing confidential information from your prosecutor office on to the mob, it's probably best to stay off the topic of husbands.

not to mention with Bill's popularity here, even without Pirro's husband massive troubles, husband bashing of Hillary would backfire
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 04:13:02 PM »

With Pirro's abrupt departure, Edward Cox is reconsidering jumping back into the Senate race:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N.Y. Republican: Cox may make Senate bid

By MARC HUMBERT
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Edward Cox, a son-in-law of the late President Richard Nixon, is reconsidering his decision two months ago to withdraw from the race for the Republican nomination to challenge Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the state's GOP chairman said Friday.

"I spoke with him yesterday and he said he was reviewing whether or not to run," said Stephen Minarik.

Minarik said he had reached out at the behest of several county GOP chairmen in the wake of Jeanine Pirro's Wednesday announcement that she was giving up her struggling campaign for the Senate nomination to run instead for state attorney general.

The Westchester County district attorney was the best-known of Clinton's potential GOP challengers, but had been under pressure from GOP leaders to switch races. Cox had withdrawn from the race in October after Republican Gov. George Pataki endorsed Pirro.

Minarik, Pataki's hand-picked state party chairman, said he did not expect any decision from Cox until January.

link
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 04:28:59 PM »

not to mention with Bill's popularity here, even without Pirro's husband massive troubles, husband bashing of Hillary would backfire

Correct.  It's dumb politics.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 07:31:49 PM »

Good to see Pirro's botched it horribly--her losing for AG is the best-case scenario, as hopefully she'll be out of our hair thereafter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 08:21:25 PM »

What does Ed Cox do, again?
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 08:21:59 PM »

I just wish Colin Powell would run.  Or that NY Democrats would get her to sign an agreement to fulfill her term.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »

I think he's a lawyer.  What else?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies