Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:09:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129819 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: February 06, 2020, 03:15:28 AM »

"A group of prominent Upstate Republicans is preparing to launch a wide-scale effort this week to encourage GOP voters across South Carolina to vote for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Feb. 29 Democratic primary, The Post and Courier has learned.

The Republican plan to impact the Democratic race, emerging just weeks before the “First in the South” primary, has two goals: Boost the candidate who the Republicans believe presents the weakest general election threat to President Donald Trump and pressure Democrats to support closing state primaries in the future.

South Carolina has open primaries, meaning voters do not have to register by party and can participate in either party’s contest. But some conservative activists have long pushed to change that, arguing it would ensure a more pure party process, and they are hoping this effort will win over Democrats to that cause."

Republicans are so terrified of Bernie Sanders, you guys.

Of course, Hillary Clinton also wanted Trump has her opponent, and she only beat him by 3 million votes, so obviously any time any party wants to run against a particular candidate it means that candidate will win.

Let's have some more fun with this. Did you know that the overwhelming elite wanted Carter to go up against Reagan? They thought he'd be easy to beat because Reagan was a right wing extremist who campaigned for spooky man Barry Goldwater

Thats not true I was watching the ABC coverage of the 1980 Election and the pundits were saying they knew that Carter was basically finished , with one of them saying he knew he was finished since early on in the campaign season
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1876 on: February 06, 2020, 06:15:33 AM »

It looks really good for Bernie, but I'd really, really like to get a couple of high-quality-polls right now...

Bernie gets:
49% for majority of delegates.
59% for plurality.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1877 on: February 06, 2020, 06:19:24 AM »

Looking good folks. Sanders raised $25 million in the month of January alone

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1878 on: February 06, 2020, 06:41:31 AM »

Betting markets indicate Sanders on track for a John Kerry circa 2004 like sweep of the primaries (Biden on track to win only 4 states....real sad stuff folks)

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1879 on: February 06, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »

I'm hoping if Bernie is the nominee he can find 70 million to 75 million voters to put Trump away for good.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1880 on: February 06, 2020, 12:03:16 PM »

That reminds me of the 1964 map between Lyndon Johnson and Barry Goldwater. Maybe 2 states off.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1881 on: February 06, 2020, 12:15:55 PM »

I hope you all enjoy losing in 2020!
I know I won’t.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1882 on: February 06, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »

I hope you all enjoy losing in 2020!
I know I won’t.

I'm glad you don't like losing, because the surest bet to lose against Trump came in fourth.

Face it: if Joe Biden couldn't even get a single delegate in the opening state of the primary, he was doomed to hand Trump a second term from the very start.

Looking good folks. Sanders raised $25 million in the month of January alone

And there it is, finally investing in the South. I knew he'd start branching out his strategy if he had success in Iowa, which national polling very much says he did.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1883 on: February 06, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »

Woo

Lourdes
United States

« Reply #1884 on: February 06, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1885 on: February 06, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »

I'd like to formally apologize to the cultists who kept saying that the caucuses were rigged. You all were right.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1886 on: February 06, 2020, 03:10:54 PM »

Can someone tell me when the final 3% of results will be released?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1887 on: February 06, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »

Can someone tell me when the final 3% of results will be released?

Probably right after the Nevada caucuses if it has Bernie ahead in the final count. Otherwise, ASAP
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1888 on: February 06, 2020, 03:31:05 PM »

Why Bernie....
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1889 on: February 06, 2020, 03:37:39 PM »

Good on Bernie for declaring victory. He needs to be on the offensive if he's going to win this nomination.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1890 on: February 06, 2020, 03:48:48 PM »

Congrats, Senator Sanders! Onward to New Hampshire!
cvparty
United States

« Reply #1891 on: February 06, 2020, 03:53:30 PM »

Why Bernie....
honestly why not lol
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1892 on: February 06, 2020, 03:53:43 PM »

I think the victory declaration is more than sound. Bernie not only won thousands of more votes than Buttigieg, he'll probably win SDEs too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1893 on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »

Why Bernie....

Because it's true.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1894 on: February 06, 2020, 04:39:04 PM »

“This gonna be a base election” *guy who is loved by grassroots and has a well organized staff becomes front runner* “wait that’s illegal”
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1895 on: February 06, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 06:01:09 PM by Country Before Party »

Why Bernie....

Don't worry, I'm sure his base will turn on him for declaring victory before the winner has been determined Roll Eyes

Why Bernie....

Because it's true.

I mean, if by "true" you mean "Pete likely won Iowa, but it was really close and Bernie's declaring victory anyway because it's probably his best play from a strictly realpolitik standpoint" then sure, fair enough.  I hate that he's doing it and it's frustrating, but I can't very well chide him for it either.  It's not like Pete didn't do the same thing before it was clear that he'd won.  If you mean "Bernie actually won Iowa" then you're just plain wrong.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1896 on: February 06, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »

Why Bernie....

Don't worry, I'm sure his base will turn on him for declaring victory before the winner has been determined Roll Eyes

Why Bernie....

Because it's true.

I mean, if by "true" you mean "Pete likely won Iowa, but it was really close and Bernie's declaring victory anyway because it's probably his best play from a strictly realpolitik standpoint" then sure, fair enough.  I hate that he's doing it and it's frustrating, but I can't very well chide him for it either.  It's not like Pete didn't do the same thing before it was clear that he'd won.  If you mean "Bernie actually won Iowa" then you're just plain wrong.

Bernie won the most votes. This is a fact that no one is disputing.

Pete might possibly maybe have won more SDEs, but SDEs are a bullsh*t metric that no one who isn't a moron or a hack would give a sh*t about.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1897 on: February 06, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2020, 06:49:47 PM by Scott 🤡🌏 »

Poll: Majority of Democratic Voters 'More Likely' to Vote for Bernie Sanders After Iowa Caucuses
The majority of Democratic voters nationwide are "more likely" to vote for Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in the aftermath of the Iowa caucuses, while significantly less said the same about former Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg, according to new polling data.

A full 52 percent of respondents to the Morning Consult survey, which was released Thursday, said they were leaning more toward backing Sanders for the Democratic nomination following Iowa's Monday caucuses. Of those, 29 percent said they were "much more likely," while 23 percent said they were "somewhat more likely."

Despite performing poorly in Iowa, former Vice President Joe Biden came in second in the polling, with 48 percent saying they were more likely to vote for him. Buttigieg, who prematurely declared he was "victorious" in Iowa, saw significantly less enthusiasm, with just 38 percent saying they were more likely to back him. Of those respondents, only 14 percent said they were "much more likely" to vote for the former South Bend, Indiana, mayor.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1898 on: February 06, 2020, 09:01:49 PM »

The ridiculousness and injustice of measuring victory by "State Delegate Equivalents"--who aren't real voters even in the limited sense that Presidential Electors are real voters--is sort of like the existence of a mind-independent physical world. It's either so obvious to you that it's difficult to wrap your head around the concept of people having their heads so far up their asses that they believe otherwise, or it isn't.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1899 on: February 06, 2020, 11:25:59 PM »

The ridiculousness and injustice of measuring victory by "State Delegate Equivalents"--who aren't real voters even in the limited sense that Presidential Electors are real voters--is sort of like the existence of a mind-independent physical world. It's either so obvious to you that it's difficult to wrap your head around the concept of people having their heads so far up their asses that they believe otherwise, or it isn't.

Yeah. Anyone who is complaining about Sanders declaring victory when he obviously received more votes, or anyone who is assmad about his use of satellite caucuses, is on a level of hackery I wouldn't have thought was possible.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies