Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:29:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 129863 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: February 04, 2020, 07:09:52 PM »

I honestly don't see him getting the nomination. He needed Iowa.

Thanks, we didn’t see the other 10 places you posted this
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #1826 on: February 04, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/iowa-democratic-party-anticipates-releasing-majority-caucus-results/story?id=68744850

"Polk County Democrats Chairman Sean Bagniewski confirmed to ABC News that the DNC has been calling precinct chairs and asking for results -- meaning the national party committee is actively engaging in calling the leaders of each precinct in order to verify the results.
And one Democratic official is being told that the DNC is "taking over" the accounting. The official said that to their knowledge, this has never happened before.
Ahead of that results release, Carl Voss, a precinct chairman for Des Moines-55, while attempting to drop off his precinct packet said that he'd been contacted by the Democratic National Committee.
"They wanted a copy of my math sheet," he said.
Voss said he didn't know why they wanted his math sheet or if it was standard procedure. This was only Voss' second time as a caucus precinct chair and said he wasn't asked for this the first time. "
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1827 on: February 04, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »

Yet to be proven wrong.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1828 on: February 04, 2020, 07:22:03 PM »

Yet to be proven wrong.

And we didn't see the other 10 places where you responded with that
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1829 on: February 04, 2020, 10:10:39 PM »

Weird I thought Bernie had been cancelled for being a racist after referring to the capitalist labor system as wage slavery.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1830 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:26 PM »

Bernie also won most of the Hispanic precincts (although Yang won a couple as well).
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1831 on: February 04, 2020, 10:30:57 PM »

The more I watch of the State of the Union, the more tempted I am to jump on Bernie’s bandwagon. We don’t need a return to normalcy, we need a Democratic Trump who will trigger the right with incendiary red meat. The pendulum swings equally as far in the opposite direction. I’m tired of getting treated like Germany after WWI.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1832 on: February 04, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »

The more I watch of the State of the Union, the more tempted I am to jump on Bernie’s bandwagon. We don’t need a return to normalcy, we need a Democratic Trump who will trigger the right with incendiary red meat. The pendulum swings equally as far in the opposite direction. I’m tired of getting treated like Germany after WWI.

Triggering the right is literally the only thing Sanders would accomplish since his agenda is a big joke that has a 0% chance of getting done.

It's a choice between actually wanting to change stuff, or just wanting to trigger the right by going as extreme as possible.

The pendulum wouldn't swing at all since he wouldn't do anything.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1833 on: February 04, 2020, 10:58:23 PM »

Oh no, we aren't Germany after WWI. We're Britain and France before WWII.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1834 on: February 04, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »

Triggering the right is literally the only thing Sanders would accomplish since his agenda is a big joke that has a 0% chance of getting done.

It's a choice between actually wanting to change stuff, or just wanting to trigger the right by going as extreme as possible.

As if your capsizing ship of do-nothing centrism could ever change a lick of American society. I'll throw my lot in with the firebrands, the ideologues, and the people who actually give a s**t, thank you.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1835 on: February 04, 2020, 11:00:18 PM »

As if your capsizing ship of do-nothing centrism could ever change a lick of American society. I'll throw my lot in with the firebrands, the ideologues, and the people who actually give a s**t, thank you.

I'm not even a centrist.  My positions are to the left of Obama, who got a whole hell of a lot done.

Remember http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/ ?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1836 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:01 PM »

Bernie's giving his own SOTU response right now. Such a power move. I love it.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1837 on: February 04, 2020, 11:06:16 PM »

Bernie's giving his own SOTU response right now. Such a power move. I love it.

Absolutely the right tactic going into NH.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1838 on: February 04, 2020, 11:49:57 PM »

Like, just grow up.  Please.  Just grow up.  These are real people with hard jobs in 1700 different precincts and last night was especially tough for them. 

What is that supposed to be?  Huh
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1839 on: February 04, 2020, 11:57:18 PM »

The only reason that you think he couldn't change anything is that you (like most of your ilk) are just unimaginative.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/02/wielding-the-imperial-presidency

You can whine about it being Jacobin all you want, but those are real ideas.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #1840 on: February 05, 2020, 07:44:56 AM »

The only reason that you think he couldn't change anything is that you (like most of your ilk) are just unimaginative.

What has Sanders been able to accomplish in Congress?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1841 on: February 05, 2020, 07:47:24 AM »

Nothing. But that’s the thing—no one would. Bernie will at least make EO’s while Biden will sit and let McConnell steal his lunch money and then proceed and try to Neville Chamberlain himself with Republicans
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #1842 on: February 05, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »

Nothing. But that’s the thing—no one would. Bernie will at least make EO’s while Biden will sit and let McConnell steal his lunch money and then proceed and try to Neville Chamberlain himself with Republicans

Trump completely reformed the Republican Party, is building a wall, passed criminal justice reform, got out of the TPP, NAFTA, PCA among other agreements, put tariffs on many countries and has done other things the Republican establishment historically never would've accepted.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1843 on: February 05, 2020, 11:35:09 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1844 on: February 05, 2020, 11:43:42 AM »

"A group of prominent Upstate Republicans is preparing to launch a wide-scale effort this week to encourage GOP voters across South Carolina to vote for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Feb. 29 Democratic primary, The Post and Courier has learned.

The Republican plan to impact the Democratic race, emerging just weeks before the “First in the South” primary, has two goals: Boost the candidate who the Republicans believe presents the weakest general election threat to President Donald Trump and pressure Democrats to support closing state primaries in the future.

South Carolina has open primaries, meaning voters do not have to register by party and can participate in either party’s contest. But some conservative activists have long pushed to change that, arguing it would ensure a more pure party process, and they are hoping this effort will win over Democrats to that cause."
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1845 on: February 05, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »

Trump completely reformed the Republican Party
Bernie would do the same thing to the Democratic Party.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1846 on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »

Trump completely reformed the Republican Party, is building a wall, passed criminal justice reform, got out of the TPP, NAFTA, PCA among other agreements, put tariffs on many countries and has done other things the Republican establishment historically never would've accepted.

Is that supposed to challenge my point in some relevant way?
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1847 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:33 AM »

It's extremely important for Bernie to have a strong win in NH. It looks like he'll have a slight loss in IA with delegates, which is fine for him because it wasn't Biden he nearly tied with, but if he can't win NH by 5+ points I don't really see him winning the nomination.
kriksB
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.00

P P P

« Reply #1848 on: February 05, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »

I don't understand this idea that he lost horribly and now somehow Biden magically rebounds from 4th and Buttigieg now magically has a chance in more than 3 states, he still got the most votes in the state, he just got screwed by the way the delegates worked. 538's numbers say no matter what happens out of the realistic possibilities at this point, Sanders will end up having the best chance to win the nomination in the model. He's still heavily favored to win NH, and very possibly NV.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1849 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »

So I guess you are supporting Bernie since you apparently now think he is the most electable.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies