Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:44:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 130384 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 14, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »

Meghan McCain On Sanders: "I don't want another misogynist as president"
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1051 on: January 14, 2020, 05:19:21 PM »

Absolutely! And so is scorching her earth by any means necessary and through whatever it takes to take her down yet another peg (though to be fair, all the rungs on the ladder that she's slipped down thus far have been self-inflicted; what a great candidate!).

Embrace it all, or go back to your typical concern-trolling. Or perhaps you'd prefer to make an argument about how Trump will be less "cynical" or bipartisan in the general election?

Are you talking to me?  I haven't been "scorching her earth by any means necessary."  The only criticisms I ever make of Warren are either on policy or on her populist pick-a-target-to-hate campaign rhetoric (also I guess, her personally for having a bad campaign strategy).  You'll never see me make a post about her Native American heritage or her claim that she was fired for being pregnant, like the Sanders supporters on Atlas have been doing for the last day.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1052 on: January 14, 2020, 05:22:23 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1053 on: January 14, 2020, 05:25:02 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 05:32:05 PM by President Griffin »

Absolutely! And so is scorching her earth by any means necessary and through whatever it takes to take her down yet another peg (though to be fair, all the rungs on the ladder that she's slipped down thus far have been self-inflicted; what a great candidate!).

Embrace it all, or go back to your typical concern-trolling. Or perhaps you'd prefer to make an argument about how Trump will be less "cynical" or bipartisan in the general election?

Are you talking to me?  I haven't been "scorching her earth by any means necessary."  The only criticisms I ever make of Warren are either on policy or on her populist pick-a-target-to-hate campaign rhetoric (also I guess, her personally for having a bad campaign strategy).  You'll never see me make a post about her Native American heritage or her claim that she was fired for being pregnant, like the Sanders supporters on Atlas have been doing for the last day.

Yes, I'm talking to you. You are in essence defending her for engaging in cynical politics by leaking something from long ago at an opportune time in the hopes that it'll benefit her politically.

Likewise, any and all other candidates have a right to engage in whatever behavior necessary to bolster or improve their chances as well.

This is very comparable to real life war: escalation begets escalation. Only when and if one side backs down does the conflict cease, so if you want to make justifications as to why one candidate can do so, then you can't wave your finger at another for doing the same unless you want to appear as a complete and total hypocrite (something that - based on the totality of your posting history - I imagine doesn't rank highly on your list of concerns).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1054 on: January 14, 2020, 05:31:58 PM »

Are you talking to me?  I haven't been "scorching her earth by any means necessary."  The only criticisms I ever make of Warren are either on policy or on her populist pick-a-target-to-hate campaign rhetoric (also I guess, her personally for having a bad campaign strategy).  You'll never see me make a post about her Native American heritage or her claim that she was fired for being pregnant, like the Sanders supporters on Atlas have been doing for the last day.

Yes, I'm talking to you. You are in essence defending her for engaging in cynical politics by leaking something from long ago at an opportune time in the hopes that it'll benefit her politically.

Likewise, any and all other candidates have a right to engage in whatever behavior necessary to bolster or improve their chances as well.

This is very comparable to real life war: escalation begets escalation. Only when and if one side backs down does the conflict cease, so if you want to make justifications as to why one candidate can do so, then you can't wave your finger at another for doing the same unless you want to appear as a complete and total hypocrite.

Oh I'm not defending Warren at all.  I think this is a pretty cheap shot for her to take.

I said earlier in this thread that Bernie could come out ahead if he just apologized and was magnanimous about the entire thing.  Instead his entire wing of the party got 100% triggered and half of them went full incel.

The whole thing is stupid.  They've both made themselves look bad here.

Maybe it's the CIA's fault?

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1055 on: January 14, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »

The vindication is real. LOL!

The amount of you who were in this thread hollering that it was a smear job by the media. Y’all are going to learn to stop stanning politicians like they are celebrities or religious deities to be worshiped.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1056 on: January 14, 2020, 05:54:49 PM »

The amount of you who were in this thread hollering that it was a smear job by the media. Y’all are going to learn to stop stanning politicians like they are celebrities or religious deities to be worshiped.

You can't really talk considering your old Beto fanboyism.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1057 on: January 14, 2020, 05:57:51 PM »

The script contains the faintest criticism possible of Warren's campaign, so yes this is a fake news smear propogated by out of touch Twitter eggs.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1058 on: January 14, 2020, 05:59:20 PM »

The script contains the faintest criticism possible of Warren's campaign, so yes this is a fake news smear propogated by out of touch Twitter eggs.

No you're making a mistake. Sanders is Satan and wants to murder enyone who's not a white man.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1059 on: January 14, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »

You can't really talk considering your old Beto fanboyism.

That's not an argument.

Not that much of anything in the past 5-10 pages (or however much it is now) of this thread posted by anybody is an argument.

The reality of how I would expect this will go in the debate is something like this:

1) Bernie Sanders gets asked a question about whether a woman can win.
2) Bernie Sanders says that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, and says that not only can a woman win, but that he will be more specific about it - Elizabeth Warren can win, and that if she is the nominee he will be happy to campaign for her.
3) Everyone smiles, the audience claps.
4) Bernie Sanders transitions the answer and starts talking about health care or income inequality until his time runs out.
Decay
Rookie
« Reply #1060 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »

You forgot the 30 year record of saying literally everything else.

Oh you mean that one video from the 1980s?

Isn't it funny how this story drops and literally within the hour the Sanders campaign is pushing out an obscure video of him talking to children nearly 40 years ago?

Really crack investigative team they've got there, right?  To go dig up an obscure video clip from 40 years ago in under an hour.  Or maybe Sanders just has an incredible memory and can recall individual lines from a speech he gave to children in the 80s?

Or maybe, just maybe, they knew this attack was coming and had time to prepare that clip as their retort.  Wonder why they would foresee this attack if the story is a lie, though.  Hmmmm.

Posts like this make it very difficult to take these people seriously when they call Bernie Sanders supporters deranged.  A lot of projection going on.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1061 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »

Some times I fantasize that Warren made a tape of her meeting with Sanders and the last two days were just one big troll. I swear it would be even more epic than 2016 election. Alas.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1062 on: January 14, 2020, 06:29:51 PM »

Yeah, I never understood why that was a story to begin with whether the script was real or not. It's insulting to say her supporters tend to be "highly educated and affluent"? It's a fact... and I hardly see how calling anyone either of those things qualifies as an insult.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1063 on: January 14, 2020, 06:34:18 PM »

Yeah, I never understood why that was a story to begin with whether the script was real or not. It's insulting to say her supporters tend to be "highly educated and affluent"? It's a fact... and I hardly see how calling anyone either of those things qualifies as an insult.

Personally, my qestion is why did this emerge after a poll shows Sanders leading in Iowa and Warren's support dropping away?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1064 on: January 14, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »

"McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, 'At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c**nt.' McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day."
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1065 on: January 14, 2020, 10:53:24 PM »

WOO WOO
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1066 on: January 15, 2020, 07:38:15 AM »

The @BernieSanders campaign says it raised $1.7 million today from over 100,000 contributions -- their best fundraising debate day since launch

Decent numbers
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1067 on: January 15, 2020, 09:20:16 AM »

WOO WOO

I threw $5 at him right after the exchange with Warren.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1068 on: January 15, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »

The left is an embarrassment. Obama was an anomaly. They will never see the big picture.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1069 on: January 15, 2020, 10:59:29 AM »

These past few weeks have proven to me that Bernie is an unmitigated, political psychopath. He has created a cult following so strong, even Trump dwarfs in comparison. He has done this all while playing a persona of being a “kind/honest old man.” Even the Blue Avatars here seem to think he is genuine and just a bit idealistic at worst. Everything he has done this election cycle so far has been intentional. He is a smart and dangerous man.
I will vote Bernie if it somehow turns into Trump vs Sanders in 2020, but I will vote GOP for any House/Senate race in 2022 if Bernie wins just to keep this guy (and more importantly, his followers, in check)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1070 on: January 15, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »

These past few weeks have proven to me that Bernie is an unmitigated, political psychopath. He has created a cult following so strong, even Trump dwarfs in comparison. He has done this all while playing a persona of being a “kind/honest old man.” Even the Blue Avatars here seem to think he is genuine and just a bit idealistic at worst. Everything he has done this election cycle so far has been intentional. He is a smart and dangerous man.
I will vote Bernie if it somehow turns into Trump vs Sanders in 2020, but I will vote GOP for any House/Senate race in 2022 if Bernie wins just to keep this guy (and more importantly, his followers, in check)

Are you okay?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1071 on: January 15, 2020, 06:03:07 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2020, 06:14:44 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

The mask comes off. You're no different from our garden-variety blue avatars.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1072 on: January 15, 2020, 06:40:03 PM »

You guys realize Meghan McCain not liking him helps him, right?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1073 on: January 15, 2020, 06:56:07 PM »

Iowa can't come soon enough. This runup is awful.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #1074 on: January 15, 2020, 07:11:12 PM »

It's mind-boggling to me how any self-proclaimed Democrat could look at the current GOP and want to have more of it in Congress, obstructing and continuing trying to dismantle all the progress Obama and others made. Not only that, but they're often the same people who accuse progressives of weakening the party. Hypocrisy to the max.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies